A summary of my experience

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
T-GR

Re: A summary of my experience

Postby T-GR » 17 Mar 2018 01:44

I haven’t shared an experience I had a couple of weeks ago so I think it’s overdue. I see it as a special case because it’s something that hasn’t happened to me before. It helped me appreciate reality checks more than ever.
I dreamed that I was walking along a stream with a friend which was leading to some sort of settlement or village built by the river. The sea seemed close at that moment. Up to that point I had no suspicion that I was dreaming. And then I unexpectedly dreamed of doing a reality check without even choosing to do it. I did this routine reality check that I’d been doing lately, check my palm, then try to pass one hand through the other and then pinch my nose. The first two checks were negative but when I pinched milky nose I realised I could breath and therefore I was dreaming. So then I thought let’s go for a flight and after a while I decided to go and talk to a character or two. I kept in mind to try to maintain the state of lucidity and prolong the dream by rubbing my hands although almost as soon as I tried to talk to a character the dream started to fade until it disappeared. Is it possible that when trying to have a conversation the dream becomes more sensitive because you focus too much to the person instead of trying to look around and explore and you even forget to demand clarity?

DawnXEye11

Postby DawnXEye11 » 20 Mar 2018 03:15

Great job on getting lucid with your reality check~ I dont know how to answer your first question but focusing on a character doesn't end the dream for me. I actually thought looking at an object or dc was a form of stabilization. You don't have to demand clarity either,you could think it and it could work.I don't really do that but i have done it before. When it comes to exploring, it does allow you to be interactive thus keeping the dream stable.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

alessiomarkz

Postby alessiomarkz » 22 Mar 2018 15:59

It can reverse the testing point which can margine to those summary

qdlincoln

Postby qdlincoln » 01 Apr 2018 18:50

Hi friend,
I absolutely feel the sentiment that WILD is difficult because my mind just seems too active to fall asleep. I have had 4 LD in my first month at it and every single time it seems they come after doing some relaxation, then trying to explore hypnogogia or WILD then giving up and turning on my side and just going to sleep normally. I almost feel like I'm forcing it when i try to WILD.
-Q
Carpe noctem :ugeek:

Xiaome

Postby Xiaome » 09 Apr 2018 20:00

have you reached it by yourself or through an assistant?

Jendy13

Postby Jendy13 » 11 Apr 2018 04:58

I'm new to this this. What does WILD mean?

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 11 Apr 2018 23:29

It's Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming. You sleep for a few hours and wake up (ideally right after a dreaming state - or even during the dream, if you've set up an alarm) and go back to bed after 5-10 minutes, focusing on your intention to be lucid. That's the tricky part, to manage to fall asleep without your awareness switching off completely. But it's possible because at that point you can go straight to REM stage, without deep sleep. You may find that it's more likely to happen after 6+ hours of sleep (it has worked for me a few times).

Guys, correct me if I've said anything wrong here :)

T-GR

Postby T-GR » 26 May 2018 00:06

Awesome sleep last night! After weeks of effectively no experiences, I got two lucid dreams in a row!

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”