My first lucid dream and maybe astral projection?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Datme

My first lucid dream and maybe astral projection?

Postby Datme » 16 Apr 2018 11:18

Hello everyone!

This is my first post on this forum and I just experienced my first lucid dream (and astral projection?) this night as well!

It was one of the strangest experiences in my life.

I went to bed around 12 o'clock but I couldn't sleep. I kept turning and turning around and suddenly I felt I was getting a sleep paralysis (pressure on the chest, heart goes faster, buzzing noises). I had this kind of experience before but I was always freaked out and it always stopped me from having the paralysis however this time I just relaxed and let it do it's thing.

At one point it went away but suddenly I felt my conscious was turning away from my own body. It was slowly turning in a circle towards my feet and I could see my dark room. I could see the small lights from my laptop charger which was still plugged in and everything felt so real!

Suddenly I was above my body and I saw myself asleep. I was wearing different kind of clothing though and the light next to my bed was on so I could see myself more clearly. I was fully aware at this moment and I said to myself: "I have to go back to my body and write this down otherwise I will forget it!". I tried to say out loud "go back to my body" but it didn't work so I came up with the idea to just walk around.

Suddenly the atmosphere changed again and it was light. I went outside of my bedroom door and saw everything on the opposite sides. My staircase was on the opposite sides and all the rooms were on the opposite side. Also the bathroom wasn't finished yet so it was just an open room with nothing inside.

I walked a little bit further and turned at one point to the left where I opened a new door. I then talked in some kind hallway which is not in my house and I came into some kind of big cave with a porch. It is very difficult to describe but the cave was huge and it wasn't dark it was light. The stones of the ceiling of the cave (which was very high) was made out of yellow stone.

I saw my mother and I tried to talk to her but she didn't respond. I said: "I am dreaming do you know that?" but she didn't seemed very interested in me and she just said: "I guess?". I walked away and I suddenly saw some kind of highway but there were no cars. I saw lots of houses on the side of the highway. They looked very futuristic and I decided to go their and knock on one of the doors. Someone opened up a black woman but she wasn't rendered (like in a video game when the textures won't load properly). I went inside the house with her and then that's where the dream ended.

I also remembered that the weather during my dream was a beautiful sunset with red colors. I felt amazing when I woke up and I wrote everything down to remember my dream.

This was my experience. Anyone got any ideas if this was a astral projection or a lucid dream? I think I astral projected first but it then turned into a lucid dream but I am not quite sure.

Jendy13

Re: My first lucid dream and maybe astral projection?

Postby Jendy13 » 17 Apr 2018 04:56

Thank you for sharing what I believe started out as astral projection--then turned into a lucid dream. What a great experience. Did you feel like you had any control other than knocking on someone's door?
Out of curiosity, is your mother alive?

Thanks again for sharing,
Jendy

Datme

Postby Datme » 17 Apr 2018 09:30

Jendy13 wrote:Thank you for sharing what I believe started out as astral projection--then turned into a lucid dream. What a great experience. Did you feel like you had any control other than knocking on someone's door?
Out of curiosity, is your mother alive?

Thanks again for sharing,
Jendy

Yes! I could do basically anything. I could look around and saw the houses and walk where I wanted to walk. I also remember that I had the intention to meet other dream characters other then my mother so I think I created these houses in order to meet them.

Also my mother is still alive and I didn't had the intention to meet her but she is very dear to me so maybe that's why she showed up.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 17 Apr 2018 23:34

Hi Datme! Well, I think it might be what I call an OOBILD (unofficial term). You have the sense of having more an OBE kind of thing but it pops into more of a Lucid Dream kind of thing. I have been having more of those lately. I think some people just consider that a type of WILD.

Labels aside it sounds like a cool experience, so congratulations! Thanks for writing it here. I enjoyed reading it.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Datme

Postby Datme » 19 Apr 2018 15:03

LDer Charles wrote:Hi Datme! Well, I think it might be what I call an OOBILD (unofficial term). You have the sense of having more an OBE kind of thing but it pops into more of a Lucid Dream kind of thing. I have been having more of those lately. I think some people just consider that a type of WILD.

Labels aside it sounds like a cool experience, so congratulations! Thanks for writing it here. I enjoyed reading it.

I'm glad you enjoyed my experience!

The experience really motivated me to explore lucid dreaming at a more deeper level! At this moment I am trying the MILD method. Going to do this for a month and see what kind of results it will give.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 19 Apr 2018 15:14

Datme wrote:I'm glad you enjoyed my experience!

The experience really motivated me to explore lucid dreaming at a more deeper level! At this moment I am trying the MILD method. Going to do this for a month and see what kind of results it will give.

Thats great Datme! MILD is a very good method. I hope you enjoy MILD!
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 20 Apr 2018 23:59

What is MILD?

Datme

Postby Datme » 21 Apr 2018 21:04

Mnemonic Induction of Lucid Dreams

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/mnemonic-induction-of-lucid-dreams.html

Plissken

Postby Plissken » 09 May 2018 07:58

Thank you

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”