my LD experiences

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
LDer Charles

Re: my LD experiences

Postby LDer Charles » 26 Apr 2018 23:42

Nice LDs jimmy and starsofclay! Thanks :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

dreamoverflow

Postby dreamoverflow » 27 Apr 2018 19:33

Ahah excellent the question about if this is a dream :) I have to do that !

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 01 May 2018 17:59

What you write motivates me to get more serious with meditation again =) I hope to hear more of you soon!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 04 May 2018 08:55

LD Near miss x3

This happened this afternoon during an afternoon nap. I had been meditating for about 30 mins with binaural beats, felt sleepy so turned over and fell asleep. Next thing, I chain dreamed three false awakenings! It was frustrating but awesome at the same time...

FA #1
I wake up to get on my way back to work. As I'm on the way out the door, I see my cats and they are looking playful. I look around for a toy for them, and see this little brown mouse looking thing, and so I throw it to the other side of the room. Once it lands, it starts moving around the room of its own accord. 'Huh', I think, 'that's weird, it didn't seem like a wind-up toy'. Then I see it start to move up and along the wall. Even weirder. Then I realise 'huh, I'm dreaming!'. As I realise this, the dream starts to fade so I start rubbing my hands together, but it doesn't really work, and I 'wake up'.

FA #2
I wake up to get on my way back to work. I pass my dad in the hall (I don't have a hall), say hi and poke him in the belly saying something about needing to get off to work. Then I think, 'huh, I don't live with Dad, I must be dreaming!'. As I realise this, the dream starts to fade so I start rubbing my hands together, but it doesn't really work, and I 'wake up'

FA #3
I wake up to get on my way back to work. I go into the bathroom and see a tall guy with long dark rocker style hair in there, facing the mirror and doing his hair. As I look at him, Bohemian Rhapsody pops in my head so I start singing it to him, right at the part where it rocks out. He turns around and gives me a funny look, at which point I notice that I have no idea who that is, and that I must be dreaming _again_! As I realise this, the dream starts to fade so I start rubbing my hands together, but it doesn't really work. So I start thinking about what else to do, and try spinning, which also didn't work. Then I try falling backwards, but remember I am sleeping face down, to which I start regaining consciousness, and my alarm goes off, and I, _finally_ actually wake up.

Such a bizarre feeling, but still got a kick out of it regardless that it was so short lived. Also I had Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head all the way to work, so not bad at all :)
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 04 May 2018 23:03

Three in a row - and every single time you realized you're dreaming. That's pretty impressive. I wonder though why you had trouble with stabilizing - could it be that you started panicking a little when you sensed your dream was fading?
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 07 May 2018 07:11

LucidCat wrote:I wonder though why you had trouble with stabilizing - could it be that you started panicking a little when you sensed your dream was fading?

I'm not sure either... I'm guessing that it might be that I was sleeping so lightly - it was really just a 40 minute powernap that just happened to go semi-lucid. I definitely didn't feel panic, I just remember a realisation in the back of my mind that I was in bed dreaming. Another weird thing is that as I was rubbing my hands, I felt that I was holding something in them, maybe like a phone or keys or something. I vaguely remember trying to drop the objects but couldn't.
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 07 May 2018 21:03

Oh... yeah. I think you may be right and your sleep probably was too light. I've never had a lucid dream during a nap - as I hardly nap. But at some point I'd like to try.

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 30 May 2018 16:27

So been on a little hiatus of late, haven't been meditating, RCing, or even thinking about LDs at all. Wanting to get back into it though now that life has settled down.

That being said, in the last week I have been remembering at least one dream every night, sometimes more. Alas, I still haven't been journalling them. Will have to get on to that.

I even recall having an LD 4 nights ago, and it occurred on a night after I had had quite a few drinks during the day which is odd. Also, I did not write it down. I vaguely recall I became lucid by realising an object (maybe a beachball?) was looking odd so questioned its reality, and then managed to get it to shapeshift. I seem to recall the dream went on for maybe five minutes before I woke up. So I guess I can claim it as LD#5, but a little disappointed I don't remember it.

Anyway, time to get back to task! Wish me luck! :P
日有所思,夜有所梦

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 31 May 2018 14:06

jimmy wrote:I even recall having an LD 4 nights ago, and it occurred on a night after I had had quite a few drinks during the day which is odd.

Maybe it was some type of dream rebound phenomenon after the alcohol was already processed by your system.
I wish you the best of luck for getting back at it. It's cool already that you get to lucid dream without intending it. I think you should write that one LD down, at least the tiny bits you remember.

CARPE NOCTEM

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 21 Jun 2018 09:23

so it's been maybe 20 days or so, but it has been heating up and really affecting my sleep/sleep patterns... had a few dreams but keep forgetting to write them down, and none of them lucid. also been napping during my lunch break as opposed to meditating to try and catch up on the sleep i'm missing out on. hopefully I can get back into a routine, it seems that having a routine is beneficial for LDing. that being said, i'm about to change my job, apartment, and all the change that go along with those means it may be a few months til things settle down.

i need to just keep that awareness in the back of my mind, quietly questioning reality as I go about my day, it's probably about the best I can do for the moment...

as for LucidCat's comment
It's cool already that you get to lucid dream without intending it. I think you should write that one LD down

I wish I had, but too much time went by and I lost it :( haven't had an LD since that time though, really gotta try harder, it's such a great experience.
日有所思,夜有所梦

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”