Not sure if I really had my first lucid dream?

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
felixryan147

Not sure if I really had my first lucid dream?

Postby felixryan147 » 28 Apr 2018 19:35

Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to lucid dreaming so this is rather confusing to me...

I haven't been keeping dream journals for quite some time ever since I failed to lucid dream multiple times, but I do listen to binaural beats and stuff to stimulate my brain before going to sleep.

Two days ago, I was having a normal dream, walking around in a city and driving on a car.
Suddenly I felt a weird feeling about the car, something wasn't right about it...and I asked my self "Is this a dream?", suddenly everything came to color, and I felt my body moving as if I was awake.
I then went to verify some more things, I forced my fingers through my palm and it did, illusion-like. I looked at a watch on my right wrist (not that I ever did wear watches on my right wrist), it was blurry and moving weirdly.
I noticed the arounds were white-ish, with a chalk-like sky. I noticed a tree not so far away, so I used my will to imagine it being burnt. It did, the leaves caught fire and began to burn.
I tried to fly, and I imagined myself levitating. I did but it was pretty weak, so I imagine having wings. When I flapped, I flew right up and fell right down, but it was so real.

But around that part, I suddenly lost consciousness and slid into something that I couldn't remember.

Could that be a lucid dream? Because it was AMAZING. The feeling of your body appearing in the dream, the feeling of being able to control my surroundings.

Thanks in advance guys.

CatDreamer22

Re: Not sure if I really had my first lucid dream?

Postby CatDreamer22 » 29 Apr 2018 05:56

Yes. There is not a single doubt in my mind that you were lucid.

Heck, that lucid dream is even better then some of the ones I got.

Spooly1

Postby Spooly1 » 29 Apr 2018 15:04

felixryan147 wrote:Hi everyone, I'm pretty new to lucid dreaming so this is rather confusing to me...

I haven't been keeping dream journals for quite some time ever since I failed to lucid dream multiple times, but I do listen to binaural beats and stuff to stimulate my brain before going to sleep.

Two days ago, I was having a normal dream, walking around in a city and driving on a car.
Suddenly I felt a weird feeling about the car, something wasn't right about it...and I asked my self "Is this a dream?", suddenly everything came to color, and I felt my body moving as if I was awake.
I then went to verify some more things, I forced my fingers through my palm and it did, illusion-like. I looked at a watch on my right wrist (not that I ever did wear watches on my right wrist), it was blurry and moving weirdly.
I noticed the arounds were white-ish, with a chalk-like sky. I noticed a tree not so far away, so I used my will to imagine it being burnt. It did, the leaves caught fire and began to burn.
I tried to fly, and I imagined myself levitating. I did but it was pretty weak, so I imagine having wings. When I flapped, I flew right up and fell right down, but it was so real.

But around that part, I suddenly lost consciousness and slid into something that I couldn't remember.

Could that be a lucid dream? Because it was AMAZING. The feeling of your body appearing in the dream, the feeling of being able to control my surroundings.

Thanks in advance guys.

Welcome to the world of lucid dreaming my friend, you did really well for your first one. And yes the word amazing lmao.

felixryan147

Postby felixryan147 » 30 Apr 2018 08:20

Yeah I mean, it really was amazing.
I have trouble remembering dreams so it is a big step forward for me.
I almost doubted having the lucid dream after waking up, as it seemed rather vague. But the feeling of being lucid and controlling it was REAL.
Too bad I couldn’t remember any dreams the next days :(

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 04 May 2018 22:39

felixryan147 wrote:Yeah I mean, it really was amazing.
I have trouble remembering dreams so it is a big step forward for me.
I almost doubted having the lucid dream after waking up, as it seemed rather vague. But the feeling of being lucid and controlling it was REAL.
Too bad I couldn’t remember any dreams the next days :(

Hi felixryan! That was definitely an LD and sounds like a cool one, too. Well, thats okay about dream recall. That takes some time. Once you get going on that, you'll be remembering many dreams each night :)
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

jimmy

Postby jimmy » 07 May 2018 07:21

Haha - yes, an awesome LD, especially for your first time. Well done! Here's to many more in the future 8-)
日有所思,夜有所梦

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”