My first lucid dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Carlo Rise

My first lucid dream

Postby Carlo Rise » 29 Jun 2018 17:07

Hello everybody!
I just had my first real lucid dream experience and I had a urge to share it. Sorry if there are any grammar mistakes, I am not from English speaking country. About a year ago I got very interested in lucid dreaming. I made a small journal and I wrote down every dream that I could remember. I was trying very hard to lucid dream, but I couldn't. And at some point I thought I just couldn't lucid dream and I abandoned that idea. And just today, without trying any techniques, I had a very weird lucid dream that happened naturally. And at some points it was like a dream in another dream, very weird stuff :D

So the lucid dream went something like this:
I was walking with my friend and just speaking something, telling each other some jokes, just as we always do. And I felt very strange, I told him that I feel like I am in a dream, he responded with: "Yeah it is a dream". I just ignored that, and after some while I thought - Wait, this really IS A DREAM. I got very happy and excited that I finally am lucid dreaming and just as I did that, the dream started to fade away. And the first thing that came into my mind was: This can't be, is this all I am going to experience during this dream ? I almost woke up. Another dream started and still stayed lucid. I was in a room with a man and a woman. They knew that I was lucid dreaming and they were giving me tips on how to lucid dream and what I can do in that reality. They also gave me some kind of gadgets to protect myself if anything happens in my lucid dream. I got teleported near my home. I was standing outside with my friend (the same one as before), I remembered that I read some stories on forums in which people said that you could fly in these dreams. I just jumped up and started flying, it was pretty hard to control the flight at first, but it got easier later. I saw all my hometown from above and it was beautiful. Later I met some company and started talking to them, they seemed to have very interesting personalities and I met this one attractive girl. And I hung out with them, they told me some interesting stories (unfortunately I don't remember them). And suddenly I thought I woke up, but It was another dream. I got up from bed and saw my mom sitting on the chair. I started telling this dream to her and she said: "Yes, I heard you talking while you were sleeping". I looked around and something felt strange like I still am in a dream. And then I actually woke up. The first thing I did - I grabbed my dream journal and wrote down everything I remembered.

I was very happy that I had finally experienced lucid dreaming after so much time I had spent trying to do it, and it happened naturally. Thank you for reading my lucid dream story and I hope you liked it.

Solaris_142

Re: My first lucid dream

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Jul 2018 23:17

Congratulations!

That sounds like a great first lucid dream! It lasted a while and you got to fly and talk to people. Good job!

The way you induced it is very common actually. It's happened to me before too during bad dry spells or times when I wasn't practicing for a few years and then trying to get back into it. You try and try but it doesn't happen and you start to get frustrated thinking you just can't make it happen. You start getting tired of all the effort with little results and you give up. And bam it just happens. Sometimes it just takes a while to get lucids going and there can be a delay from all the work you put into it and when it happens. So just keep doing what you were doing and you will be sure to have more. The more you do it the more frequently they start to happen and the easier it starts to get. Both patience and persistence are key when it comes to inducing lucid dreams.

Keep up the good work!
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”