Lucid Nightmare

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Jking

Lucid Nightmare

Postby Jking » 30 Jun 2018 23:34

Hi All,

I am fairly new to lucid dreaming. Counting my last dream I have only had 3. Sadly I can't remember my last two too well other than having the ability to fly wherever I wanted. I am starting a dream journal which I should of done a long time ago. My last lucid dream happened last Thursday during the morning hours. I remember waking up from a dream as I had to use the bathroom and when I layed down I remember thinking to myself that this is the perfect time to lucid dream. I remember being up in the sky and I at that point I realized I was dreaming. I flew down towards a massive city below me and landing on one of the streets. I started walking towards an attractive women I was able to materialize into my dream and then everything felt like it was fading away. This is where the nightmare starts. I have lost a lot of details of this dream since it has been a few days since I've had it. There are a few key points that I still remember well as it felt like I was there. It was night, and I was walking in the woods. There was a being that randomly materialized in front of me and soon after there were several more surrounding me throughout the trees. They had a distorted look, with white flesh. I wish I could go into more detail but that is all I remember now. I remember feeling malice coming from these creatures and I knew I had to run and hide. I darted off into a direction where there were no creatures and ran as fast as I could until I came upon a small house. I ran inside without regard to there being anyone inside and tried to hide in a dark corner. All of the lights in the home were off at the time so I assumed the owner was not there or sleeping. I remember being paranoid watching my surroundings with care, scared one of those beings would materialize in front of me. A man appeared in one of the door ways and turned the light on. I don't remember how this man looked like, just that he was non-threatining and that he was confused why I was hiding in his house. I panicked as I realized the lights would most likely draw the creatures to me so I asked the man to shut the lights off but just as soon as I did one of the creatures materialized inside the house. I quickly ran outside and off in the distance I saw multiple creatures off in the field, one was female. I could not move at this point, I was frozen in place. The female creature slowly walked up to me, she had a deformed face with a demonic smile that looked wider than any mouth should be. I can't remember her eyes sadly. She wore torn clothes, had messy hair and held a sickle in her hand. The creature stopped in front of me while I was still frozen in place and lifted the sickle to my neck. She slowly cut into my neck and while I couldn't feel pain, I could feel the cold steel edge through my neck as she cut while still smiling at me. The dream ended there as my mind couldn't handle it anymore, but what was strange is that I woke up in another dream, one I don't remember anything from. When I finally got up for work, this nightmare was still on my mind, I can't forget that evil smile.

Solaris_142

Re: Lucid Nightmare

Postby Solaris_142 » 02 Jul 2018 21:25

That was a false awakening at the end there. You got too scared and dreamed you woke up instead of actually waking up. Lucid dreamers often experience false awakenings usually due to not wanting to wake up and thinking about the possibility of waking up causes the dream to sometimes create that event even though the dreamer has not actually woken. That's why anyone practicing lucid dreaming should always remember to do reality checks upon awakening. :)

But to comment on your actual dream. Did you forget you were dreaming? Or did you know you were dreaming the entire time? Nightmares while lucid are easily defeated simply by not being afraid. You let yourself be afraid and your fear took over the events. Nothing can hurt you in a dream any more than can hurt you in a video game. Trust me I've purposely thrown myself head first into any and all deadly situations I come across in my lucid dreams and never woken up with as much as a scratch. :) The more you fear in a dream the scarier things can get. You refuse to fear, well then it can't scare you and you can have fun in experiencing the joy of dominating a situation that you might have otherwise thought was scary had you not been aware it was just a dream.

For a time I was using a fun trick just to mess with would be attackers in my lucid dreams. I could make my body as insubstantial as air. Any attacks would simply pass right through me and I'd laugh at their feeble attempts to cause me any harm. But I eventually gave up that practice becoming so confident in the fact that I can't be harmed in my dreams that I no longer even care what happens to my dream body. Go ahead try and destroy my body in a dream. I'll even help them try. (Evil chuckles) I've become a bit of a dream masochist lol.

Maybe I'm a little weird but I've always found facing nightmares in lucid dreams to be very very fun. There was a time in my younger days when I experienced many very intense nightmares. Once I began learning to induce lucidity I would often experience fear induced lucidity. If I was in the middle of a dream so scary that my mind could not accept or handle what was about to happen to me. Lucidity would come over me in a wave of relief so profound you can't even imagine. Going from sheer terror to joy in seconds and facing and overcoming that nightmare very easily.
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Jking

Postby Jking » 03 Jul 2018 04:43

I knew I was dreaming the whole time, but I let fear take over at the end. When I froze up the nightmare took over. I'm usually pretty good at handling nightmares during regular dreams but the physical feeling I felt was what scared me. I need to remember that I am dreaming and nothing will happen to me. I'm going to try some of the techniques mentioned in the forum like pushing my fingers through my palm, if I can remember it during the dream. I guess I just need to practice. Your view on nightmares sound really fun, being able to dominate the attackers without fear is something I hope to achieve as I progress in this unique experience.

Solaris_142

Postby Solaris_142 » 03 Jul 2018 14:17

Jking wrote:I knew I was dreaming the whole time, but I let fear take over at the end. When I froze up the nightmare took over. I'm usually pretty good at handling nightmares during regular dreams but the physical feeling I felt was what scared me. I need to remember that I am dreaming and nothing will happen to me. I'm going to try some of the techniques mentioned in the forum like pushing my fingers through my palm, if I can remember it during the dream. I guess I just need to practice. Your view on nightmares sound really fun, being able to dominate the attackers without fear is something I hope to achieve as I progress in this unique experience.

Don't worry a lot of people still have some fear of things in dreams even though they know it's a dream. It is extremely realistic seeming after all. I always recommend purposely doing things in lucid dreams to prove to yourself how indestructible you really are. It's both fun and helps to give a person a lot of confidence when encountering what could otherwise be a scary situation. I've done fun things like walking head on into oncoming traffic on the freeway. Let trains run me over on the railroad tracks. Dive off a high cliff or building and hit the ground head first at speed. Pretend I'm injured just to see if any dream characters will freak out and try coming to my rescue lol. Etc... Basically whatever it is. If I see something dangerous or deadly I have fun throwing myself into it.

There are some that believe there are super natural things in dreams that can harm a person in their dreams but I don't subscribe to those kinds of beliefs. I'm 47 years old and I've been lucid dreaming since a teenager and faced many scary situations without fear. Including monsters and (dreamed supernatural forces.) I've never once found anything that had any kind of power over me when I wasn't afraid of it. And don't hold any belief that I ever will. Bring it! :)

Something to rememmebr about dreams is that thoughts and emotions are reflected in the environment and events. The more fear you feel the scarier things can get. The more excitement and joy you feel the more brilliant vivid and wonderful things can get.

Yes, it is a good goal to try and rememmeber to do reality checks even after you have become lucid. Both to experiment with the reality check and see how it works for you in the dream and also to get yuorself used to doing them in your dreams. I used that meothed to help train myself to use my watch as a reality check more in my dreams. The finger through hand RC is a fun one that I do use sometimes. Sometimes just for fun. Other times as my last resort RC during times when I think I might be dreaming. I want it to be a dream. BUt just can't convince myself it is. That's when I start trying to push my finger through my hand. Once I feel my finger start to sink through my palm as if my flesh is made of soft plyable rubber. I know for sure, and see my finger pushing out through the back of my hand. No way that will happen in the waking world lol.

Just to note. I have had a lot of success with the fingeer through hand RC. But I never ever try it while I'm awake. It's one I only do in my dreams so I'm sure that makes a difference. I don't do the breathing through a pinched nose while awake anymore either. That one worked very well for me for a long time but I started getting so excessive with it when awake that my mind started simulating the feeling of not beig able to breath through a pinched nose in my dreams and it stopped working for me for a while. So now I mainly use my wrist watch t RC with while awake. The other two only while in dreams.

Sorry for the long post. I can ramble sometimes especially when my morning caffeine is kicking in. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”