Just had my first lucid dream!!

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
Empyreal Sakaki

Just had my first lucid dream!!

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 15 Sep 2018 23:49

First, sorry for the English. My English isn't perfect when normal, but when I am excited, it tends to get a whole lot worse!

I had my first lucid dream this night and I am in shock! It felt incredible!!

I have had short bursts of lucidity before and a very low lucid dream. But this was the first in which I was conscious of mysels and could make my own options! It was what I believe to be a false awakening. I've never had one so I can't tell for sure.

I woke up in the bed, with my girlfriend sleeping next to me. I look at my phone, and read the notes with the words "Reality Check" in it. I always have it in waking life because for some reason I keep forgetting about them in the morning. I did it, and I discovered that indeed I could breath while pinching my nose.

Normally, at this point, I would have woken up. But not this time. For the first time, I had a few seconds between the realization and the usual lost of lucidity, and I could stabilize the dream by rubbing my hands.

My girlfriend and her sister began to wake up and ask what the heck was going on, I was making a lot of noise being lucid for the first time haha. But I ignored them and just flew away by the window. To be honest, I'm still shocked that I was able to fly so easily the first time. I think it wasn't fully lucid, just me being conscious of myself being in a dream. I don't know, I'm new ya know hahaha

In the sky, I did something I had wished to do since I knew you could fly at will in dreams: fly, free fall, fly, free fall, and go on. I find it more appealing that only flying!

While I was enjoying this, I did something that personally (I don't know if it has a name) I call "Consciousness Check". Just a gesture (An OK hand) I convened with myself in reality to know that I am aware of myself in a dream. For some it may be foolish or unnecesary, but for me it is important, because my dream recall tells me it was just me dreaming about being lucid... I think you understand what I am talking about.

So, I was flying, and all I was seeing was sky. Sky all around me. I heard how often, lucid skies are crazy and impossibly colored (Even if it depend of the person). This was a "possible" sky. It was cloudy, and the clouds were huge, bathed in a beautiful sunset light. I don't know, it was so beautiful that for a moment I thought I would cry, no joke.

So, in this up, down, up, down flight, I decided it would be cool just fall and land with a big explosion. Idk, my ideas are weird. So I let myself fall and fall and fall. I saw water, a lot. For some reason, I was in the sea, and I was heading to an area next to a beautiful cliff and a pretty beach.

I smashed the water with so much power that it formed a whirlpool around me. Don't know how physics work, sorry. So the next I knew, I was trying to get out of it. I think I lost a little of lucidity here. My girlfriend and her sister were in the shore. My girlfriend was telling her sister that they had to save me, and her sister responded that because I was in a dream, I should be able to save myself.

I tried to fly again, but I couldn't. They had to come for me at the end, and when we came to the beach, I woke up.

This all was matter of five, ten minutes. I slept at 1:00 am and woke up at 2:50 am, so the REM wasn't very long. Even if it wasn't a fully lucid dream, I am very proud of myself, and this motivated me a lot!!

I just wanted to share my novice experience! I am very sorry for the rambling, but I was so excited that I just couldn't keep it for myself!

Thanks a lot!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

Solaris_142

Re: Just had my first lucid dream!!

Postby Solaris_142 » 16 Sep 2018 02:16

Empyreal Sakaki wrote:First, sorry for the English. My English isn't perfect when normal, but when I am excited, it tends to get a whole lot worse!

I had my first lucid dream this night and I am in shock! It felt incredible!!

I have had short bursts of lucidity before and a very low lucid dream. But this was the first in which I was conscious of mysels and could make my own options! It was what I believe to be a false awakening. I've never had one so I can't tell for sure.

I woke up in the bed, with my girlfriend sleeping next to me. I look at my phone, and read the notes with the words "Reality Check" in it. I always have it in waking life because for some reason I keep forgetting about them in the morning. I did it, and I discovered that indeed I could breath while pinching my nose.

Normally, at this point, I would have woken up. But not this time. For the first time, I had a few seconds between the realization and the usual lost of lucidity, and I could stabilize the dream by rubbing my hands.

My girlfriend and her sister began to wake up and ask what the heck was going on, I was making a lot of noise being lucid for the first time haha. But I ignored them and just flew away by the window. To be honest, I'm still shocked that I was able to fly so easily the first time. I think it wasn't fully lucid, just me being conscious of myself being in a dream. I don't know, I'm new ya know hahaha

In the sky, I did something I had wished to do since I knew you could fly at will in dreams: fly, free fall, fly, free fall, and go on. I find it more appealing that only flying!

While I was enjoying this, I did something that personally (I don't know if it has a name) I call "Consciousness Check". Just a gesture (An OK hand) I convened with myself in reality to know that I am aware of myself in a dream. For some it may be foolish or unnecesary, but for me it is important, because my dream recall tells me it was just me dreaming about being lucid... I think you understand what I am talking about.

So, I was flying, and all I was seeing was sky. Sky all around me. I heard how often, lucid skies are crazy and impossibly colored (Even if it depend of the person). This was a "possible" sky. It was cloudy, and the clouds were huge, bathed in a beautiful sunset light. I don't know, it was so beautiful that for a moment I thought I would cry, no joke.

So, in this up, down, up, down flight, I decided it would be cool just fall and land with a big explosion. Idk, my ideas are weird. So I let myself fall and fall and fall. I saw water, a lot. For some reason, I was in the sea, and I was heading to an area next to a beautiful cliff and a pretty beach.

I smashed the water with so much power that it formed a whirlpool around me. Don't know how physics work, sorry. So the next I knew, I was trying to get out of it. I think I lost a little of lucidity here. My girlfriend and her sister were in the shore. My girlfriend was telling her sister that they had to save me, and her sister responded that because I was in a dream, I should be able to save myself.

I tried to fly again, but I couldn't. They had to come for me at the end, and when we came to the beach, I woke up.

This all was matter of five, ten minutes. I slept at 1:00 am and woke up at 2:50 am, so the REM wasn't very long. Even if it wasn't a fully lucid dream, I am very proud of myself, and this motivated me a lot!!

I just wanted to share my novice experience! I am very sorry for the rambling, but I was so excited that I just couldn't keep it for myself!

Thanks a lot!

Wow Congratulations! Awesome first lucid dream! I enjoyed reading that. I htink it's good idea to test your awarness if you are not sure how aware you are.

I know exactly what you mean about the beauty of the scene wanting to make you cry. Now you know! PLaces in dreams. Especially while lucid can be so incredibly beautiful. Beyond words...

Loved your freefalling antics. I love doing that as well. l Loved how you decided to fall to a huge splash in the water, creating a whirlpool even! Awesome. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Empyreal Sakaki

Postby Empyreal Sakaki » 16 Sep 2018 16:49

Thanks! Can't wait for my next lucid experience!
LDs: 8
Current dream goal: Petting a Piplup!

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 22 Sep 2018 21:22

Congrats on the lucid dream, and a very interesting one at that! Awareness checks sound like a pretty good idea, too, especially in the beginning when you're not sure if you're actually lucid!
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”