How to stop dreamwalking???

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
AnnaLina

How to stop dreamwalking???

Postby AnnaLina » 15 Apr 2015 23:54

Hey guys...

You probably could have heard of some of it. Last summer I went to bed one night very excited and woke up in the middle of the night in front of my room's door with the big lamp on. I was freaked pretty much, it was so scary. I also remembered that for years I had my nightstand lamp turn on by morning, so I put two and two together... It hasn't happened since, until tonight. I woke up about an hour after going to bed and I was sitting at the end of my bed. I freaked out and both my parents dismissed me so I just sit here trying to pass time.
What's real scary that I had my best friend over around April 4-6 and one morning she said she heard me mumbling and she saw a shadow at the end of my bed but didn't check it out...

Please someone tell me how to stop sleepwalking it freaks me out so so much I hate it and I'm so afraid.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

taniaaust1

Re: How to stop dreamwalking???

Postby taniaaust1 » 16 Apr 2015 06:20

I suggest to go and see the doctor over it as its not something this site deals with and it can be dangerous.

I'd strongly suggest to not do lucid dreaming things if you are a sleep walker as what you do during one of these may be real and as one is more conscious during LD, maybe it could make sleep walking worst by being a little more towards wake state??? (I don't think this is something which has ever been studied).

My eldest daughter got all cut up due to sleep walking.. she ran in her sleep into her small bookshelf which I had in front of her window. The bookshelf stopped her from fully going through the window and falling a big drop below onto concrete (it could of killed her) but her upper part of the body still went forward and went through the window, breaking it and cutting up her face (fortunately only small cuts all over it).

I personally think most people grow out of their sleep walking by the time they are out of their teens.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

AnnaLina

Postby AnnaLina » 16 Apr 2015 06:27

Hell that is scary O.O I don't do LD nowadays since I'm a beginner and still struggle with remembering my dreams... weird thing that I dreamt I had ants in my bed and then woke up at the end of my bed. I haven't done anything dangerous yet just turning on lamps and my radio, sitting up and crawling to the end of the bed and once getting out of bed and standing in front of my door. It just freaks me out that I'm not in control of my body. My parents just dismiss it which feels bad because I just don't want to be alone after waking like this

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 17 Apr 2015 02:17

If you usually get up from the same side of the bed, maybe you could figure out a way to suspend a cloth curtain hanging down from an overheard rope or other support, so that you would walk into this unexpected obstacle, and this would wake you up, without knocking you off balance. You could even attach some bells to the cloth.

Or you could drape a mosquito net over your bed.

Or before you go to bed, take a few minutes to "talk to" the part of your mind which dreams. Express your concerns about sleep walking. Imagine that if you start to get out of bed while you are still asleep, a helper part of your unconscious mind will go, "Oops! That's not a good idea. Wake up now."
You could sketch a cartoon panel of this action sequence, to reinforce your intention.

Good luck. Stay safe.

jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 17 Apr 2015 04:37

Great ideas Jasmaine.

Along those lines I guess she also could tie a piece of wool (something which would break so not to trip her up) to a leg and tie it to her bed leg to put pressure there to wake her up.

**wondering why I never thought of these things when young. I was too a sleep walker when a teen (it seems to often run in families) but used to get my boyfriend to lock the house door and hide the key. I once woke up naked OUTSIDE, I was just outside the door of my house about to come inside (I'd had a dream in which I'd been walking around my country town..another time I woke up naked outside, I'd dreamed I'd been sitting on my house roof :roll: ) so my biggest fear was of waking up naked outside again**

I've had two incidents in the past 12 months where I went to bed clothed but woke up naked but since a teen, I don't tend to leave my bed.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

AnnaLina

Postby AnnaLina » 21 Apr 2015 08:01

Well I have a baldachin/mosquito net over my bed, I just pulled it away when I got out of my bed last summer. Everything's been quiet in the past days and it's unnerving I dunno when it would happen. Thanks for the tips everyone!!

Return to “Sleep Disorders”