Help to stop unbearable nightmares

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Tommy

Help to stop unbearable nightmares

Postby Tommy » 07 Mar 2018 15:11

Before I get into the main problem, I have to make few points about myself. I experience lucid dreams not regularly. 95% of my dreams come true. Paranormal entities are a part of my life since I was a kid and they make about 90% of my dreams. Nightmares were calmed and moderate until the last Friday.
So, recently, I've been having a series of horrific nightmares, and I've been trying so hard to eliminate them. I tried everything im aware of, they're affecting my mental stability, as im always afraid to sleep and expecting something very bad to happen, as my dreams don't miss. I feel helpless and weak. Whenever I tell someone, they always say don't think about it, stay out of stress. Nothing ever worked. I don't know if it could be related to hormones. I've noticed, the worst unbearable nightmares start around a week before period time. The rest of the month would vary from normal dreams to moderate nightmares to bad ones. I've tried lavender oil, didn't help with nightmares. Also it doesn't matter how happy I am before sleep, bc i would get a very bad nightmares. Also I need to know if any of these chemicals could lead to nightmares. Antihistamine - Antiserotonin - Cyprohepatadine Hydrochloride. Those chemicals belongs to a medication for allergy and apatite booster. It makes me sleepy. And I have noticed couple of days ago, the latest horrible nightmares started around the time I took that medicine. Some people recommended Sanit John's herb, but im not fully aware of the usage also afraid from side effects. I would love to hear your opinions guys. Peace!

ksue

Re: Help to stop unbearable nightmares

Postby ksue » 09 Mar 2018 10:08

Hi Tommy,
I first started to realize I was dreaming after a recurring nightmare, and for me at least once I realized it was just that same old nightmare yet again so I'm dreaming and can fly away now, and it seemed to be easy to realize it was just a dream after that and my recurring nightmare and other horrifying nightmares stopped.
Don't know if it will help you or not, but maybe it will give you hope.

Oh, and my recurring nightmare, I was in grade school, Manson Family murders in the news, we pull up to our house at the curb, mom dad two brothers, get out of our 1964 Corvair Monza and as we're walking up to the front door Charles Manson is walking down the sidewalk, not even looking at us, wearing a fringed leather jacket with a rifle over his shoulder, and I'm all like hurry up and get in the house, I was the last one trying to kinda jump through the front door when he shoots me in the back. Had that dream over and over and over and maybe it just got so familiar that it clicked that it was that same old dream again.

And as another side note, I've only had two dreams come true, won't bore you, and I die in my dreams. I fall off the cliff, hit the bottom and am like wow, I'm dead, leave my body and look at it, never scared at all.
Again, hope you get some relief from the nightmares.
KSue

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 11 Mar 2018 05:12

Tommy, I am sorry you've been having a big problem with nightmares.
You mention some possible associations, such monthly period and side effects from medications.

Here are some resources which may help --

- Article - "How To Avoid Nightmares and Bad Dreams To Get More Restful Sleep" - huffingtonpost.com

- Article - "Getting Rid Of Those Pesky Repeating Nightmares - Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com
by Belleruth Naparstek - Click on blue links
Also check out - audio library for - guided imagery - CDs and MP3s - Click on audio sample
Examples -
- Relaxation and Anxiety Relief
- Restful Sleep

- Article - "Evolution of the Internal Family Systems Model" by Richard Schwartz, PhD - selfleadership.org
Includes discussion about interaction between sub parts of personality - such as - Manager, Firefighter, Exile, and also -
- the central, wise Higher Self

I'm gradually approaching the "old as dirt" phase of my life. However, when I was younger, one thing that helped monthly cramps was calcium and magnesium - Best to started a few day before beginning of period
- A good brand - "Nature Made" - Best combination tablet is - Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc, plus some vitamin D3.
This may also help sleep.

- Article - "Drugs and Dreams" - by S. Goyal - Med Ind - medind.nic
See Section - Antidepressant Agents - "All drugs that alter serotonin levels may affect sleep and dreaming."
Also - Section - Antihistamine Drugs

Also, you can also search -
- Drugs and medications - A-Z - subsection - side effects
- Herbal Remedies: Adverse Effects

- Eating a diet with plentiful whole plant foods improves sleep and is said to help combat some allergies.
Search - Dr.Furhman's Nutritarian Pyramid
Click to enlarge - Nutritarian Food Pyramid

Finally, I only get itchy eyes from allergy to one bush near my home. Here's my remedy. -
First - Wash eyes with warm salt water.
Actually, I often just wet the end of finger, dab my finger in some salt, then (the fun part) - poke the salty finger along the edge of my eye. This does wake me up! Be next to sink for water rinse rescue. Wait about 10 minutes and repeat. This really gets rid of pollen in the eyes, but my friends think I'm nuts.

Then use a drop of "Refresh Optive lubricant eye drops" in each eye. (Is non-prescription)
It's easier for me to - Stand in front of a mirror. Then balance an eye drop on the side of one index finger. Then carefully tilt the drop into my eye.
Within about 15 to 20 minutes - No more itchy eyes!

- Best wishes

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 29 Apr 2018 09:57

I'm glad no one said go to a doctor. I hate doctors and psychiatrists. I hate when people say go to professionals. I think they only make things worse. Not the individuals but the system. So that's not gonna be my answer.

Night mares suck. The world is in a really F-ed up condition psychically and physically and in every way. We might even be under psychic attack of very evil beings or entities from another planet. So I don't think there's gonna be any answers any time soon. Except just acknowledging fully and deeply. How much it sucks.

And getting used to this face:
:(
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

Tommy

Postby Tommy » 30 Apr 2018 04:13

LDer Charles wrote:I'm glad no one said go to a doctor. I hate doctors and psychiatrists. I hate when people say go to professionals. I think they only make things worse. Not the individuals but the system. So that's not gonna be my answer.

Night mares suck. The world is in a really F-ed up condition psychically and physically and in every way. We might even be under psychic attack of very evil beings or entities from another planet. So I don't think there's gonna be any answers any time soon. Except just acknowledging fully and deeply. How much it sucks.

Well, you have a good point here, which is medication never works. I've been trying every suggestion has mentioned here. I hate to admit, none has ever worked. I thought at first it might be sickness or something. I read lots of articles, researches and more. The only thing I know is, It's something supernatural, and it has nothing to do with being sick or hormonal imbalance. What im seeing could be some kind of psychic power, or maybe im more sensitive to other entities. Stuff happened around recently. Im trying to accept what I have, what im living. The only thing I hope that it doesn't affect my health, bc I get very sick once I see these things, and already lost lots of weight.
P.S I went to doctor yesterday and already doing tests and gonna change my diet.
And I agree, something feels wrong with everyone and every place, I can feel it. Something evil, demonic.
I've noticed that I get those nightmares more in full moon days starting from 12 and it gets intense until 15 no matter what I do, I still get them

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 01 May 2018 22:26

Tommy wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:I'm glad no one said go to a doctor. I hate doctors and psychiatrists. I hate when people say go to professionals. I think they only make things worse. Not the individuals but the system. So that's not gonna be my answer.

Well, you have a good point here, which is medication never works. I've been trying every suggestion has mentioned here. I hate to admit, none has ever worked. I thought at first it might be sickness or something. I read lots of articles, researches and more. The only thing I know is, It's something supernatural, and it has nothing to do with being sick or hormonal imbalance. What im seeing could be some kind of psychic power, or maybe im more sensitive to other entities. Stuff happened around recently. Im trying to accept what I have, what im living. The only thing I hope that it doesn't affect my health, bc I get very sick once I see these things, and already lost lots of weight.
P.S I went to doctor yesterday and already doing tests and gonna change my diet.
And I agree, something feels wrong with everyone and every place, I can feel it. Something evil, demonic.
I've noticed that I get those nightmares more in full moon days starting from 12 and it gets intense until 15 no matter what I do, I still get them

That sounds pretty intense. I don't really have a lot of advice on it but if you can perceive it maybe you also have the capacity to somehow understand it... I think psychic stuff is somewhere in our DNA but due to epigenetics those things are shut off for most people.

Do you keep a dream journal? Writing them in as much detail as possible might help even though you might not want to think about them.
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)

Tommy

Postby Tommy » 01 May 2018 22:41

LDer Charles wrote:
Tommy wrote:

That sounds pretty intense. I don't really have a lot of advice on it but if you can perceive it maybe you also have the capacity to somehow understand it... I think psychic stuff is somewhere in our DNA but due to epigenetics those things are shut off for most people.

Do you keep a dream journal? Writing them in as much detail as possible might help even though you might not want to think about them.

Yes, you're right. Psychic abilities runs in my family. I used to draw them when I was in school. But tbh, currently, I don't even try to remember any, I have no journal. Also I have something with dreams interpretation, It's more like whispers or repeated thoughts. Anyway, hopefully it gets under control soon

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 01 May 2018 23:02

Tommy wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:
Tommy wrote:Well, you have a good point here, which is medication never works. I've been trying every suggestion has mentioned here. I hate to admit, none has ever worked. I thought at first it might be sickness or something. I read lots of articles, researches and more. The only thing I know is, It's something supernatural, and it has nothing to do with being sick or hormonal imbalance. What im seeing could be some kind of psychic power, or maybe im more sensitive to other entities. Stuff happened around recently. Im trying to accept what I have, what im living. The only thing I hope that it doesn't affect my health, bc I get very sick once I see these things, and already lost lots of weight.

Yes, you're right. Psychic abilities runs in my family. I used to draw them when I was in school. But tbh, currently, I don't even try to remember any, I have no journal. Also I have something with dreams interpretation, It's more like whispers or repeated thoughts. Anyway, hopefully it gets under control soon

Hm Alright. Well would you be open to journaling them? From my perspective I think it would benefit this sort of thing. I think the more I dream journaled the less night mares I got. I used to get alot more night mares. Also my lucid ability in face of night mare grew slowly. To where the other night someone was shooting at me... And I simply deflected it with a wax-off motion. No sweat. So you might be able to use lucid dreaming to slowly gain more power in those situations... Whether you want to fight back or do some kind of healing work on the night mare itself.

Have you heard Charley Morley's talk on night mares?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1i6A7t6L2g
He probably has no where near as intense as what you are dealing with though. But he talks about embracing the things with love, and that's pretty profound.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » 01 May 2018 23:31

LDer Charles wrote:
Tommy wrote:
LDer Charles wrote:

Hm Alright. Well would you be open to journaling them? From my perspective I think it would benefit this sort of thing. I think the more I dream journaled the less night mares I got. I used to get alot more night mares. Also my lucid ability in face of night mare grew slowly. To where the other night someone was shooting at me... And I simply deflected it with a wax-off motion. No sweat. So you might be able to use lucid dreaming to slowly gain more power in those situations... Whether you want to fight back or do some kind of healing work on the night mare itself.

Have you heard Charley Morley's talk on night mares?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1i6A7t6L2g
He probably has no where near as intense as what you are dealing with though. But he talks about embracing the things with love, and that's pretty profound.

Im glad jouranling helped you with nightmares. I won't lie, I don't have the desire to write them down. Last time I drew them, simply, that drawing got possessed by entities and nightmares broke into my family. I get lucid dreams once awhile, I teleport to other dimensions, other part of world. This may sounds cool to others, but It just makes my health worse. I will check that youtube link later tho, sounds interesting.

LDer Charles

Postby LDer Charles » 01 May 2018 23:57

Tommy wrote:Im glad jouranling helped you with nightmares. I won't lie, I don't have the desire to write them down. Last time I drew them, simply, that drawing got possessed by entities and nightmares broke into my family. I get lucid dreams once awhile, I teleport to other dimensions, other part of world. This may sounds cool to others, but It just makes my health worse. I will check that youtube link later tho, sounds interesting.

ok :)

Return to “Sleep Disorders”