Recurring nightmares

Do you suffer a sleep disorder? Find support on sleep paralysis, night terrors, recurring nightmares, sleep deprivation and more.
Starlia

Recurring nightmares

Postby Starlia » 26 Aug 2018 18:24

I dream of being r***d every dream nearly. Being lucid since a child when I choose not to run from people I am confronted with knives that cause real pain. Strangely those are just bad dreams not nightmares because I am getting used to them. Still it ruins a otherwise good dream. At least in regard to the knives how can I protect myself from dream pain? I mean even closing my eyes it’s all dark but I still feel it. The only ways to protect myself are both messed up either R them or cut them to pieces so they don’t come back to life. Oh yeah this is of course due to severe trauma

Solaris_142

Re: Recurring nightmares

Postby Solaris_142 » 27 Aug 2018 22:04

Starlia wrote:I dream of being r***d every dream nearly. Being lucid since a child when I choose not to run from people I am confronted with knives that cause real pain. Strangely those are just bad dreams not nightmares because I am getting used to them. Still it ruins a otherwise good dream. At least in regard to the knives how can I protect myself from dream pain? I mean even closing my eyes it’s all dark but I still feel it. The only ways to protect myself are both messed up either R them or cut them to pieces so they don’t come back to life. Oh yeah this is of course due to severe trauma

Hmmm. Well you shouldn't have to feel pain if you don't want to. I have a couple of suggestions that might help if you are already lucid when this is happening which it sounds like maybe you are. You are right though hacking up dream characters does little good since they are as indestructible as you are. They can easily come back to life.

You might want to try the pushing finger through hand technique or any other part of your body so you can get a sense of how that can feel without pain.

One little trick I learned in my early days of overcoming nightmares, before gainning more confidence. I figured out how to make my dream body insubstantial as if I was a ghost. I would just watch with amusement while would be attackers tried to land blows on me and they would pass right through my body as if I wasn't even there. But later I became more confident and stopped caring, letting anything happen to me knowing I can easily handle it.

Another suggestion if you want to learn a good defensive skill that does not involve physically fighting. Practice wih telekinesis. You can easily use TK on dream characters. Simply fling them away with a flick of your mind. Or literally control their actions like they are a puppets on strrings. Use as a force push or create a shield. I've used TK for so many things. I love TK. :)
Previously known in other dreaming communities as Caradon.

Starlia

Re: Recurring nightmares

Postby Starlia » 28 Aug 2018 12:05

Thankyou that is very helpful. Yes I am very lucid but lack control of my environment. I find confidence is the key. I am a sorceress and can change the sky and weather and put up shields and teleport but if I don’t believe I can my spells constantly fail

Return to “Sleep Disorders”