Being a different person/inside someone else's body

A place to share and analyze your dreams (lucid or otherwise) to better understand your dreams' subconscious symbolism.
Aria

Being a different person/inside someone else's body

Postby Aria » 14 Mar 2015 22:54

Anyone have dreams where you are in a different body, or...well, you're still you, but your'e someone else? How about swapping genders?

I've been switched to a man in at least four dreams, and I've also been other women. In one, I was the father of a pair of twins, and I had to fight off a giant scorpion to save them. In another, I was a female knight. I was even a gay, black man. Anyone else have this sort of thing happen? Or have any ideas about what it could mean?

Feedback would be cool.

wendieann

Re: Being a different person/inside someone else's body

Postby wendieann » 24 Mar 2015 03:24

I can't tell you why. I can say I can also change sex.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Snaggle

Postby Snaggle » 23 May 2015 05:50

Reason #1 Reincarnation is real and you're reliving a past life.
Reason #2 Almost everyone is curious about what it's like to be a member of the opposite sex - I vote for this one.
Reason #3 Being a member of the opposite sex is a dream signal.

Personal experience: when naturally in a dream I'm almost always my real sex; though in some of the historical ones I'm a woman. I possess dream characters in both lucid and non-lucid dreams and chose based on which character would be the most interesting or fun to be. I've been more than one character at the same time with separate thoughts, observations and experiences: both a pet and the person petting them and both a woman and a man making love to each other.
"There is only one God and his name is Death.
And there is only one thing we say to death "not today"
- Syrio Forel

Goldkoron

Postby Goldkoron » 23 May 2015 06:52

I have had quite a few dreams where I have been a person of the opposite sex. Sometimes I am a character from a TV show, or an entirely new character made up for the dream. I don't recall ever being male and not being me though. But whenever I am female, I am definitely not identifying as being in my own body.
Do a reality check

leviate

Postby leviate » 11 May 2018 12:26

this is a pretty old post.. 4 years. but when i googled freeloading in another body there was only 2 decent links.

the key word being freeloading. its not like im the person but i dont really notice or make a note of it until i realize, like someone asks me something about a what to treat a alien infection with and i only sort of know..like im just becoming aware and im like oh im a scientist chick on a military space craft testing soldiers for a alien infection. i know that the infections most likely transferred by fluids but no idea why i know that or what the the person just suggested trying to use against it benzometasestamine or some shit. but i play along. turns out the virus, well was im pretty sure a means of alien reproduction that eventually turns people into alien/human hybrids like soldiers, being the first sure sign was there skin pealing off. and later i found out that the reason or cause was due to the alien queen taking human form for some unknown reason. and late that the queen was either the small girl thats been practically attached to my arm the entire dream or the doctor i was freeloading in.

there not bad dreams, to be honest i quite enjoy the ride.. its almost like i was always that person but i just became aware that i am me because im almost just watching until the moment i realize and its like the person i was just goes to sleep in my place. i can act on instinct, like sometimes i know that something i know nothing about is what it is or what its for. and at times it almost felt like that little girl knew. but idk.

iv had a couple dreams i can recall for sure that iv realized i was "freeloading" but not well enough to recall any details. tho i know that the dreams all have a good bit, free fun unique. and a bad bit like the fact that once turned the alien things like killing people lol.... and theres always some bit of sexuality . but considering im a guy in my late 20's thats not a big surprise. tho i dont spend much time dreaming about being a female scientist during an alien invasion when im awake.

leviate

Postby leviate » 11 May 2018 12:38

guess..i should probably repost this as my own topic... this forum is 4 years old..

dreamoverflow

Postby dreamoverflow » 22 May 2018 17:04

Yes during spy dream but its rare. I'm in seeing what the person is currently doing in reality. But maybe I do lot of such dream, because sometime I've this feeling to leave another life. And I don't known who I'm am when I do that, and if the person does not quickly contact me saying what he've done recently I can't make the link. So I'm asking if its possible that others persons could live some moments of my life too, like that... or maybe its a sort of sharing, if you think about another person, it made a connection, and if he is very receptive at this moment (like during sleeping) he can handle what you live/see.

But for me its not to dream as another fictive character.

Return to “Dream Interpretation”