Being contacted by the dead

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Nicenic

Being contacted by the dead

Postby Nicenic » 31 Mar 2019 19:33

I'm new here, hi!
When I was younger, I had a reoccurring dream about going into a hedge maze, when I got to the middle there was a badly burnt baby in a well. I haven't had this dream for over 30 years, but I've never forgot it, never knew what it meant, but it was very real.
I've always been able to control my dreams, until recently, I thought everyone could! I've been to space and looked down on earth, flown around the world, been to different countries, driven in sports cars and hovered below the clouds. I've had dreams where I've woken up repeatedly and done different things, the last time this happened I had to sit on the floor and feel the rug to make sure I still wasn't dreaming.
The one thing that I can do is talk to people and animals that have passed. I spoke to my cat who had to be put down after cancer took hold of his body. He told me he was OK and happy. I spoke to my aunt who died of alzheimers, I went to another country across the world to her birth place and she was happy, the sun was shining, she was wearing an orange flowery dress and she told me to tell my cousin she was all good now. She wasn't able to speak and layed in a bed for a year before her passing. I've also spoken to my nan, when she comes I can also smell her perfume....to name a few, I've seen others who I don't know, children, adults, animals and just shadows. All the meetings I have have been real, I can't explain it.
I wanted to know what is this? I only found out controlling your dreams isn't normal, I knew talking to the passed certainly is strange, but are the two connected? Did it have something to do with the baby in the well? I'm nearly 40 now, and maybe I should of researched this sooner, but here I am.
Any help will do. Thank you in advance. Nic

DrG

Re: Being contacted by the dead

Postby DrG » 03 Apr 2019 03:40

Hey Nic!
Controlling your dreams is not a common skill, but contacting the dead is quite rare, you might have some serious gifts! But now is probably the best time to start researching the phenomenon!
There's a lot of research going on in the past decade on consciousness. Especially in the field of quantum physics. For a long time we've thought of consciousness as construct of our brain, and that dreams are nothing more than fake "hallucinations." But there's a lot of evidence coming out to suggest consciousness is non-local, and it has a direct effect on quantum physics. Meaning there's working theories that consciousness is the building blocks for physics, which makes chemistry, which makes biology, which makes psychology etc (if you're looking for research on the hard sciences, I could forward you some references).
But my interest is in the fact that consciousness seems to be non local and a fundamental part of physics. In which case, dreams are likely a science we haven't even scratched the surface on. In theory, dreams could be a sort of "conscious realm" that is shared by all of us. To think while we're alive and after we die, our consciousness can meet up in the dream world is quite plausible. I'm personally trying to figure out the spiritual side of it myself (I'm not religious, but I am highly spiritual).
But in my opinion, it's quite plausable you are communicating with people who have died in your dreams. As far as the baby, your guess is better than anyone's. My guess is you probably had nothing to do with the baby's death if you didn't know who it was. But maybe there is something that needed to be communicated back to the physical world, maybe you were brought there as an attempt to do that? You could always try to go back to that event in a dream to find more info. But who knows, it's all state of the art right now. Hopefully any of this sparked some research interest for you! I certainly wouldn't mind hearing more interesting experiences like those ones. And you have brought me interest in seeing if I can reach deceased loved ones in the dream world. Take care!

Nicenic

Postby Nicenic » 04 Apr 2019 12:22

Hi, and thanks for getting back to me.
It's often difficult trying to find someone to talk to who doesn't think I'm crazy or making it up. My cousin is probably the only person who remotely believes me, and my husband just rolls his eyes and dismisses it.
I've never really thought of dreams to be anything but just dreams, and speaking to the passed in them was just their way communicating with me without freaking me out. I've often felt that creepy awareness that is usually accompanied by a sense of a spirit being in the room, I've seen 'ghosts', some examples being when I was walking from my bedroom through the hall, and there was a child standing by the TV, and also when I moved into my new home and saw what I can only describe as a heatwave standing in the door way, and numerous animals running past me in my own home.. But I have never been able to speak to them unless they show up in my dream.
The idea of conscious realm where we can all be regardless of death is really interesting. I too am not religious at all, but I do believe in spirits as they are around me (not always, but only when they want to be), you've given me a lot to think about! And, if you wouldn't mind, I'd like to have those references, it will be good to try and make sense of things. I'm all about proving why things are!!
Sometimes I wish I could speak to my loved ones all the time, but they come and speak to me when they want, rather than the other way round. It's true we haven't even scratched the surface and it's a shame that there isn't more research going into this.

DrG

Postby DrG » 05 Apr 2019 06:01

That's really special you can have these experiences awake! They might just be normal people in another world, looking at you thinking you're a ghost, just as confused as you are. But who knows? You could try communicating through telepathy. I unfortunately know nothing about telepathy, and the field is loaded with frauds. But It's theoretically possible, and if the CIA admits to spending years researching it, that's my clue that it's probably real. I can relate with family being unsupportive of paranormal experience, but I like to tell myself that's okay, I'm just getting a head start on this, and when we meet on the other side, maybe I can help them adjust to the new world.

I'll start with this series of experiments that broke my "materialistic" mind set. You can find detailed write-ups, or just YouTube videos that simplify it for the layman. FYI They took me a while to wrap my head around them.

1- Double Slit Experiment. It's been replicated many times, it's the basis of Schrodinger's Cat if you've ever heard of that. Basically they send electrons through a slit, it can pass through slit 1 or slit 2. Without knowledge of which path it took, the electron goes through both paths at the same time (interference waves recorded). When we consciously observe which path it takes, the electron somehow is forced to only take path 1 or 2 (2 distinct bands recorded).

2- Quantum Eraser Experiment. Also been replicated. Without overloading details, basically the double slit using photons with a different timing. After the slits, and after recording the outcome of the photon, there would be a 50% chance we could observe the true path it took. They found the photon would get forced into a single path, only when we would have future knowledge of the path it took. Conclusion was that the photon is forced into a single path, when future knowledge of its path occurs. Almost to say, time has no effect on the phenomon.

3- Dean Radin ran his own double slit exp recently. He's replicated it multiple times, waiting on others to replicate. He wanted to know when the "forcing into one path" occurs. When the path is recorded on a camera, when the camera sends our eyes the info, when our eyes send it to the brain, or when our brain consciously processes it. The experimental group was told how the experiment works, and they were told to "consciously try to figure out which path it takes when they run it," (the actual path was never recorded). Control group showed both paths as expected. There was an AI group that showed no differnece from control. The people group showed statistically significant increases in the likelihood that the photon forces into 1 path. They took it further and added a group of experienced mediators, and they had extremely higher likelihood of forcing the photon into 1 path. He went so far as to have to experimental groups do this 1,000s of miles away from the photon room, and same results. The theory is that consciousness itself changes the quantum particles from a super-position to a defined position, and is not local (extends well beyond our brains).

There's many other people's work I'm looking into, but these are a great starting point to get any "materialist" rethinking spirituality in my opinion.
You might also like the Foundation for Research into Extraterrestrial and Extraordinary Experiences. They have a really talented team, they are doing active research on experiencers. They are also working on the quantum hologram theory, and what I call the "conscious cloud theory," that we're all connected to a conscious collective of knowledge (kind of like the internet), and that most of us don't know how to access it, and some of us access it unintentionally. They do a lot of research on people who experience super natural things, and they believe they are related. They include alien contact, UFOs, ghosts, spiritual beings, out of body experiences, near death experiences, and many things in between. They're the first publically available researchers I've found doing hard science on the paranormal. And they use valid methodology, unlike too many of the other "researchers." You'd be surprised how many people have stories like yours though! You could even take their survey to contribute to database.

But hopefully these give you a good starting point on places to dig? That's where I started. I'm trying to figure it all out too. Not religious either. Just searching for spiritual knowledge in my lucid dreams, to try to bring back to the physical world. But I would definitely love to hear more stories and updates!

Return to “Paranormal Activity”