Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Philosopher8659

Re: Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Postby Philosopher8659 » 22 Feb 2015 11:53

"No sir, I am a meat popsicle." The 5th Element.
A website dedicated towards any phenomena is one of examining evidences. This implies a certain level of intellectual ability. I don't think the references you are fond of exactly qualify. If you do not have the ability to keep up in a race, it is common courtesy to step off the track.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Feb 2015 22:35

I think I have deciphered what you first wrote, Philosopher.

I spent many hours poring over it, consulting Wikipedia, Wiktionary, and even Urban Dictionary. I pulled an all-nighter drinking coffee in a wide-eyed frenzy, drawing graphs, charts, geometric shapes, and little cartoon stickmen. I used logic, analogic, and even at times, illogic. I was getting nowhere. I traveled back in time with my hot tub time machine, and spoke with Plato, but he screamed at me in what I could only guess by his body language, "Who are you, what was that flashing light you came from, and why are you naked?", so I came back empty. Plato was no help, so I spent the rest of the night forming abstract shapes out of Play-Doh, analyzing them on the verge of insanity.

Now, in a daze, red-eyed, disheveled and unshaven, typing this with coffee jitters, it finally hit me, and I think I found the core meaning of what you were saying:

"I don't find your title clever."
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 23 Feb 2015 22:54

Nope, that is not it at all.
It simply means,

Relation to self is not admissible. i.e. A equals A, or in short, Reality is not different from itself.

But, good work. You put forth a manly effort.

A person defeats themselves when trying to figure something out, when their original premise demands that one and the same thing, is actually two different things. One cannot really believe that part of reality is "normal" another "paranormal" and another something else. There are simply things and the parts of things, which, in of themselves are nothing.

A mental exercise. For example, A table has a shape and made out of wood. One cannot say the shape of a table is a table, or that it is a thing. Likewise one cannot say that the wood of a table is a thing, a table is wooden. But wood is not a thing. A tree is wooden, but a tree is not wood.

When you think by definition, then you become aware that a definition equates the name of a thing, to the names of that things forms and the names of that things material while remembering that neither the element of form or the element of material, are, in of themselves things.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 23 Feb 2015 23:28

I still think you are just nitpicking a catchy title that was merely meant to grab attention.

You reminded me now of a work of art I have thought of making, but don't have the means. It's a wooden table and chair on a wooden floor. The table, is large, but in the shape of a chair, and the table is small beside it. It's an interactive piece and everyone is free to sit at it.

For me, it demonstrates how we regard objects in two ways: Form and Function. If you sit on a table and eat off a chair, then isn't the table actually a chair and the chair a table? And also where does one object end and the other begin if they composed of the same material? (Like everything is composed of atoms). We construct most of reality with our minds and definitions of 'stuff' (for lack of a better word).

If analogic means to think in metaphors and analogies, I do that most. Putting things into words is hard, but also secondary only as a means to communicate an idea. The idea itself is primary.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 24 Feb 2015 18:29

Damn, now you have me on one of your quests.
Is an idea other than a linguistic expression, in either logic or analogic?
A new idea, the ghost in the idea! Who we gonna call?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Feb 2015 19:45

I wouldn't mind talking philosophy, but this is the wrong place. I use to have a thread in the Off-Topic section, called, "Time for a deep discussion".
It was over a year ago and hard to find because it's buried deep, but here's a link to it:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14354

(Copy/Paste that in your web browser for easy access, or put on your Indiana Jones hat and sift through the archives and find that trove on page 5 in the off-topic section.)

The premise is very open.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 24 Feb 2015 20:42

Oh, I certainly agree with you "talking philosophy" whatever that is, is something for back allies?

I have often heard of this, that reasoning in one place, is not the same in another. A relativity principle of words, it seems to me.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”