Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
HAGART

Re: Is there 'Normal' in 'Paranormal' ?

Postby HAGART » 23 Feb 2015 23:28

I still think you are just nitpicking a catchy title that was merely meant to grab attention.

You reminded me now of a work of art I have thought of making, but don't have the means. It's a wooden table and chair on a wooden floor. The table, is large, but in the shape of a chair, and the table is small beside it. It's an interactive piece and everyone is free to sit at it.

For me, it demonstrates how we regard objects in two ways: Form and Function. If you sit on a table and eat off a chair, then isn't the table actually a chair and the chair a table? And also where does one object end and the other begin if they composed of the same material? (Like everything is composed of atoms). We construct most of reality with our minds and definitions of 'stuff' (for lack of a better word).

If analogic means to think in metaphors and analogies, I do that most. Putting things into words is hard, but also secondary only as a means to communicate an idea. The idea itself is primary.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 24 Feb 2015 18:29

Damn, now you have me on one of your quests.
Is an idea other than a linguistic expression, in either logic or analogic?
A new idea, the ghost in the idea! Who we gonna call?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 24 Feb 2015 19:45

I wouldn't mind talking philosophy, but this is the wrong place. I use to have a thread in the Off-Topic section, called, "Time for a deep discussion".
It was over a year ago and hard to find because it's buried deep, but here's a link to it:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14354

(Copy/Paste that in your web browser for easy access, or put on your Indiana Jones hat and sift through the archives and find that trove on page 5 in the off-topic section.)

The premise is very open.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Philosopher8659

Postby Philosopher8659 » 24 Feb 2015 20:42

Oh, I certainly agree with you "talking philosophy" whatever that is, is something for back allies?

I have often heard of this, that reasoning in one place, is not the same in another. A relativity principle of words, it seems to me.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”