hearing voices in dreams/OBEs

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Nickfan40

hearing voices in dreams/OBEs

Postby Nickfan40 » 31 Aug 2015 17:02

It's not a deep or evil-sounding voice that I keep hearing, just a normal "conversational" one. It's kind of a quiet voice, but loud enough that it wakes me up.

Sometimes what it says scares me, though. One night, I was awake, but not really awake (dreaming that I was awake?). I passed my hand in front of my mouth and it felt like I was swallowing something. As it went down my throat, I could feel that it had legs on it, like a spider! I heard a voice saying, "It's a black widow spider. If you don't get it out of you, you will die!" I got up really quick and headed to the bathroom, where I got a cup of water and drank it, then went back to bed. The "spider" went down and didn't bother me anymore. I was having bad sinus problems, too, and mucus gets balled up in my throat and I can't swallow, and my throat gets dry.

Just last night, I had another one. It was strange because it was about water. I heard a voice very clearly saying that the water we were drinking wasn't very good (D-uh!, it's too full of calcium and limestone!), that it would poison us if we drank much more of it. It was telling me about something called, "Boardwalk Water", whatever that was, and it was safe water. I think I had that dream because I was hearing so much about Tropical Storm Erika and that people would have to buy gallons of water to drink.

I just hope The Voice wasn't a demon. I've been listening to my theta wave CD lately, and have been trying to astral project. They warn people that they might meet up with demons.

Summerlander

Re: hearing voices in dreams/OBEs

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2015 16:56

Nickfan40 wrote:It's not a deep or evil-sounding voice that I keep hearing, just a normal "conversational" one. It's kind of a quiet voice, but loud enough that it wakes me up.

Just a dream voice, really. Not objectively real. (Most likely sourced from your subconscious mind.)

Nickfan40 wrote:Sometimes what it says scares me, though. One night, I was awake, but not really awake (dreaming that I was awake?). I passed my hand in front of my mouth and it felt like I was swallowing something. As it went down my throat, I could feel that it had legs on it, like a spider! I heard a voice saying, "It's a black widow spider. If you don't get it out of you, you will die!"

This voice is nothing but an animated thought begotten by an aracnophobic feeling, it seems. Its roots are irrationally generated in your 'lizard' brain.

Nickfan40 wrote:I think I had that dream because I was hearing so much about Tropical Storm Erika and that people would have to buy gallons of water to drink.

It's just dreams based on fears. :-D

Nickfan40 wrote:I just hope The Voice wasn't a demon.

Why would it be a demon? It's just a nightmarish element produced by your brain.

Nickfan40 wrote:I've been listening to my theta wave CD lately, and have been trying to astral project. They warn people that they might meet up with demons.

Poppycock. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Nov 2015 05:09

In the dreams that you described, it seems like your dreaming mind was just inventing some kind of association to - first, excess throat mucus making it a bit difficult to breath, and second, your concern that you should buy some bottled water to prepare for a coming storm.

I suggest the following articles regarding mental states in which dreaming and waking consciousness are experienced simultaneously.

-Article - "Hypnagogia and Hypnopompia" - dreamstudies.org

- "9 Ways To Wake Up From Sleep Paralysis" - dreamstudies.org - by Ryan Hurd

- Article - "The Door To The Imaginal Realm" by Mary Pat Mann - mytholog.com

I have occasionally heard an unusual voice in a dream or when I'm in a semi-dream state. I think many people do. The following two article have suggestions for how people can lean to dialog with their inner voices, which may be troubling to them. Some writers actually establish a working, creative partnership with their inner voices.

- "Intervoice/A Practical Guide To Coping With Voices" - intervoiceonline.org

- Article - "The Larger Self" - selfleadership.org - Rich Schwartz
The author, a psychotherapist, "began noticing that several clients ... described extensive internal conversations with what they called different parts of themselves ..."

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 13 Nov 2015 05:18

Here are two more resources I suggest -

- Book - "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- YouTube - "1995 Robert Monroe Radio Interview on OBEs"
by JuicePod OBE TV
Includes many illustrations

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 06 Dec 2015 11:55

Telling someone not experienced in this stuff that they may meet up with a demon is probably not a good thing at all as it makes it then very likely the person will "create" a demon from their own thoughts if rather they are in a LD state.

I do though think everyone trying to OBE should protect themselves first in case they do succeed (its standard occultic practice for OBE occultists) but meeting with a demon isn't common or likely unless you attract that kind of thing to you. It shouldn't be something to be worrying over. Most OBE people never meet a demon (I'd think 80-90% never do). There are some situations which will attact lower level entities to people eg illegal drug taking, it tears the persons aura and then bad things can get in. I don't recommend any druggie to be trying to OBE.

In my own experiences Ive only meet demons when I did something well and truly stupid due to being naïve about something I was doing at the time and just messing with things I really shouldn't have done or trying to go to places I shouldn't have tried to go to...so took myself somewhere one was. Most people do not have demons around their homes or selves, they could have entities but most entities are not demons. The most common demons in my observations are the incubus and succubus and more people do have one of those attached, that kind I've always found to be weak. That's another kind the person usualy would of had to have attracted to themselves in real life first for you to meet one.

Even if one was unlucky enough to meet a demon, most an astral projector could come across are weak and you do not have to listen to them or to anything deceptive they may say. We are usually more powerful astrally then they are as we have a whole physical bodies energy to draw upon, hence can easily hurt most of them.

If you go exploring ancient Egyptian tombs, that's another story (I met the only powerful demon I've met during such exploration, it was angry at my intrusion and it then astrally followed me into my home, I didn't even realise about it till I went home. It must of been evoked by part of the ancient protection rites which I'd breeched entering that tomb. Demons just are not everywhere). If you ever think you are truly astral and not just lucid dreaming, just be sensible and you shouldn't have much in the way of problems.

It could well be a mischievious spirit messing around with you with the voice but the "broadwalk" water does sound rather like some symbolism that the subconsciousness would make up so to me that sounds like you may of been in a LD state. The spider part of your experience is more interesting as negative energy we get when our bodies aren't healthy in some way (which always then affects our energy body form) eg your sinus issues creates energy blocks and those energy blocks often take up forms, spiders and strange insects being the most common form.

Many psychic shamans see these and in their healing remove them. I've started choking on such things at times (I can feel things like that in my etheric body when fully awake and going about my day, I had to go to an psychic energy healer to remove nests of etheric insect stuff including spiders). So you feeling this kind of thing, could well indicate you are tuning into your bodies other energy layers rather then it just being a LD.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Skippy23000

Postby Skippy23000 » 29 Mar 2016 21:47

I would have experiences where I heard voices talking while in a lucid dream state as well. sometimes I would even feel that there was something evil in the room. But I eventually got over those experiences by telling myself that it was all just mental phenomena, mental projections and not real. And that's exactly what they are. When I am lucky enough to have lucid dreams now, these nightmares no longer happen.
Remember the Tibetan Book of The Dead. The dying are warned that the demons are mental projections. Go for the clear light. The Death experience, while real, is also a dream state. Just remember to practice what you learned in Lucid Dreaming. The same projections you experience in LD will be there along with every other fear a person has not dealt with on this planet trip. Consider this a kind of dream yoga. Prepare yourself now. It IS all metal phenomena.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”