Kundalini Awakening

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
noahstyles

Kundalini Awakening

Postby noahstyles » 11 Dec 2015 12:30

Kundalini Awakening
Kundalini is innate for all people: At the base of the spine, subtler than the physical body, lies the Kundalini energy, or spiritual energy, in a latent form. Regardless of what religious, spiritual, or meditation tradition one follows, the awakening of this energy, by whatever name you call it, is a most innate and essential part of spiritual advancement, unfoldment, or realization.

All Yoga is Kundalini Yoga: While some people use a specific terminology "Kundalini Yoga" for certain practices, all of Yoga actually leads to the activation of Kundalini. Thus, in a sense, all of Yoga is Kundalini Yoga, regardless of whether you use that specific name. Awakening kundalini and leading it to union with the Absolute is the goal of the Himalayan sages and the path of Yoga, Vedanta, and Tantra.
Stages in Kundalini Awakening: The graphics above display the seven major chakras (section # 5), the left and right energies of Ida and Pingala (section # 1), and the Sushumna nadi, the central channel that courses through the chakras (Sushumna is sometimes called "silver cord"). The six graphics visually represent the process of Kundalini Awakening. Clicking on each of the six graphics will move you through explanations of the stages. Also, there is an index for the contents of these pages. The six stages are:

Prana usually flow in Ida or Pingala
Prana is made to flow in Ida and Pingala
Prana is made to flow in Sushumna
Kundalini energy is awakened
Kundalini is lead upwards
Kundalini rises to Sahasrara

Number of stages in Kundalini Awakening: There is nothing especially significant about describing this Kundalini Awakening in six stages (the six graphics), as opposed to some other number; it is simply a convenient way to explain the process. The simplest way of describing the entire process is in three stages:

Awakening, opening, or applying Sushumna
Awakening Kundalini
Kundalini arising to the crown Chakra, Sahasrara

One energy with many names and forms: There is one energy (Shakti) that keeps taking on new shapes and forms. Each time the energy takes on a new form, we give it a new name. See the article Kundalini, Shakti, and a River for an explanation of these names and forms.

Shiva and Shakti: Tantra considers the universe to be a manifestation of pure consciousness. Through this process of manifesting, consciousness divides itself into two parts, which, though seeming to be separate, can not exist without one another.

Shiva remains as a static, formless quality.
Shakti is a dynamic, creative aspect.

The Secret of Shiva and Shakti:

Science and physics: Modern science also considers these two forms of energy, though viewing them in different ways. Science includes, for example, potential energy and kinetic energy (the energy of motion), recognizing that they are both manifestations of the same underlying energy.

With one pen of ink, many different words or images can be manifested, although there remains only one container (pen) of ink. It is that creative process of manifestation that makes the ink appear to have different forms and meaning from one word to the next. Simple metaphors such as ink and written word can be extremely useful to contemplate on, so as to understand the principle of the one appearing to be two, and how these two dance together to form the elegant complexity of manifest reality.

All Yoga is Kundalini Yoga: While some people use a specific terminology "Kundalini Yoga" for certain practices, all of Yoga actually leads to the activation of Kundalini. Thus, in a sense, all of Yoga is Kundalini Yoga, regardless of whether you use that specific name. Stages in Kundalini Awakening: The graphics above display the seven major chakras (section # 5), the left and right energies of Ida and Pingala (section # 1), and the Sushumna nadi, the central channel that courses through the chakras (Sushumna is sometimes called "silver cord"). The six graphics visually represent the process of Kundalini Awakening. See the article Kundalini, Shakti, and a River for an explanation of these forms and names.

Summerlander

Re: Kundalini Awakening

Postby Summerlander » 18 Dec 2015 15:17

What is the best type of yoga which delivers fast and effective results in your experience?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Dec 2015 04:24

Noahstyles,
Thank you for your informative post regarding the mysterious Kundalini energy.

When I was in my late 20's, I had an unexpected, very impressive Kundalini experience.

I had been practicing Hatha yoga postures for several years. One evening, I sat quietly in a dark room doing some yoga breathing exercises and meditating on the question, "What is my True Self?"

My breathing became spontaneously deeper, for several minutes, and then I stopped breathing, but I did not feel out of breath. Then a strange, pleasurable heat and energy seemed to "turn on" in my sacrum. (In Latin, os sacrum means "sacred bone".)

Over the next 10 minutes, or so, this heat/energy slowly ascended my spine, activating vibrations in my chakras as it rose upward. It finally reached my head, and my forehead, whole brain, and the crown of my skull became filled with a wonderful, warm, inner light.

Then pressure began at my feet and quickly pushed upward, and my consciousness was projected out of the top of my head, and I lost all kinesthetic memory of my body.

My awareness now floated about 3 feet above my head, and I felt like I had become part of a radiant, expansive, loving, eternal light. I wanted to abide in that peace and love forever, but the light slowly dimmed, and I returned to my normal consciousness within my body.

Thereafter, I only had a few, brief, less dramatic, Kundalini experiences. However, I soon entered a period of major career and other life changes, same very challenging and dark. Luckily, I gradually met and received guidance from several wise individuals.

Also, I developed a strong interest in learning about altered states of consciousness, dream work, mysticism, Tibetan Buddhism, and writings by Carl Jung, Joseph Campbell and Stanislav Grof. Over the years, my life gradually became more peaceful and harmonious.

In summary, I do believe in, and have great reverence for, the transformative power of the mysterious, in-dwelling, psycho/physical/spiritual Kundalini energy.

jasmine2

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 07 Jan 2016 06:21

I recommend the following for additional information about the mysterious psycho/physical/spiritual kundalini energy - the life force which normally functions quietly in us all, but which, in certain circumstances, may become highly activated.

- (1) Book - "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy In Man" by Gopi Krishna
(At Amazon) See edition - Feb. 4, 1997 - "Look inside - First pages"
An account of the author's first dramatic experience of the awakening of the kudalini energy

- (2) Article - "Patricia Garfield's 'Pathway To Ecstasy' Re-Released" - Interview with Jayne Gackenbach - sawka.com spiritwatch
Includes Patricia's description of flying dreams and subtle sensations of the movement of kundalini energy.

(Also, go to bottom of page and click "Table of contents" - Many interesting articles about lucid dreaming from Lucidity Newsletter)

- (3) Article - "Chakra Vibrations" - Sol Awakening - solawakening.com

- (4) Google - Images for - caduceus - kundalini - autonomic nervous system

- (5) Book - "Kundalini: Arousal Of The Inner Fire" by Ajit Mookerjee

- (6) Article - "Bentov's Model Of The Kundalini" - newbrainnewworld.com

(Also, see - Wikipedia - "Itzhak Bentov" - He was a scientist, inventor, meditator, and mystic.)

- (7) Article - The Kundalini - Serpents and Dragons" - Esoteric Science and Philosophies - edgeba.webs.com

- (8) - Book - "The Six Yogas Of Naropa And Teachings Of The Mahamudra" - by Garma C.C. Chang (translator)
View much of 128 pages - online - free.

Part I - Deals with the nature of mind and The Realization of The Primordial Mind.
Part II - See pg. 54 - for a list of the main practices of The Six Yogas Of Naropa.
For example - "Illusory Body Yoga" - "Dream Yoga" - Light Yoga"

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Jan 2016 02:16

Here are some additional resources regarding how to work with challenges accompanying kundalini awakening and other deep, transformative experiences.

(1) Book - "Spiritual Emergency, When Personal Transformation Becomes A Crisis"
by Stanislav and Christina Grof (and other authors)
At Amazon - See "Look Inside - first pages"

(2) YouTube - "Stanislav Grof - "Revision and Re-enchantment Of Psychology"

(3) Article - "Bipolar Kundalini" - by David Gerstan, M.D. - lifeconnectionmagazine.com

(4) Article - "Bipolar Alternative Therapy" by David Gerstan, M.D. - lifeconnectionmagazine.com

(5) Book - "In Case Of Spiritual Emergency: Moving Successfully Through Your Awakening"
by Catherine G. Lucas - (Founder of UK Spiritual Crisis Network)
At Amazon - "Look inside - first pages"

(6) Website - spiritualcrisisnetwork.uk - Spiritual Crisis Network

(7) Article - "A Conversation With Dr. John Weir Perry - 1982" - When The Dream Becomes Real
global-vision.org
(Very informative, includes several dramatic, symbolic illustrations)
Discussion about inner apocalypse experiences. Also, description of an alternative treatment program during the 1970's, Diabasis, for young people experiencing their first acute episode of schizophrenia.
Emphasis was on empathetic guidance, with minimal use of drugs. Clients were encouraged to describe their visionary experiences.

(8) Article "Going Beyond Ego" by Ken Wilson - The Spirit Of Medicine - spiritofmedicine.com

(9) Article - "We Are All Shamans-In-Training" - by Paul Levy - awakeninthedream.com

-- This has been a rather "heavy duty" post. Here are some peaceful messages from a wise soul -
- haiku poems by Issa, a beloved poet of Old Japan -

Lion puppet at the gate
from his mouth
plum blossoms

Rainbow over the mountain
yet on the lake
autumn gale

Two voices that sound alike
make their way ...
clouds of blossoms

A gathering of stars --
children, grandchildren,
great-great grandchildren

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 12 Jan 2016 02:40

In my above post, I forgot to include the website for the haiku poems by Issa. It is -

- Haiku Poems Of Kobayashi Issa - haikuguy.com

In his brief haiku poems (classically 17 syllables), Issa presents fresh, direct glimpses of the world, often with a whisper of a deeper, unifying mystery.
There are thousands of poems. In the search windows, you can just erase "keyword ..." and then choose a year.

jasmine2

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 20 Jan 2016 16:30

noahstyles wrote:Kundalini Awakening
Kundalini is innate for all people: At the base of the spine, subtler than the physical body, lies the Kundalini energy, or spiritual energy, in a latent form. Regardless of what religious, spiritual, or meditation tradition one follows, the awakening of this energy, by whatever name you call it, is a most innate and essential part of spiritual advancement, unfoldment, or realization.

It can also be quite destructive if it starts to awaken before the person is truly ready for it as it can send people into other realities before they are mentally, spiritually and energetically ready. Some kundalini practices can end up being harmful. Playing this this can be like playing with fire one can say. If you are out to awaken kundalini, make sure you have an advanced teacher who also knows how to calm this down if things go very wrong. Many teachers can help their students trigger this, far less know how to help a student when things with it go wrong. (I was almost killed by this and someone I knew ended up in a mental hospital for 3mths or so due to this and was suffering for years after this due to this.. couldn't turn it off again)
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

suhas

Postby suhas » 05 Mar 2018 08:04

As said by Kundalini custom, there are seven distinctive kundalini chakras (energy center) situated along the spine as well as in the brain. The central energy center is not single symbolic ideas they are in fact certain energy drive within our body. Let’s have a look at these 7
http://spiritsecret.com/kundalini-chakras/

suhas

Postby suhas » 24 Mar 2018 18:50

As said by Kundalini custom, there are seven distinctive kundalini chakras (energy center) situated along the spine as well as in the brain. The central energy center is not single symbolic ideas they are in fact certain energy drive within our body. Let’s have a look at these 7 <a href="http://spiritsecret.com/kundalini-chakras/" rel="nofollow">Kundalini Chakras</a>

These chakras are authorized through a force named Prana, which arrives the human body over the procedure of breathing. In a technical context, these delicate energy vortexes allowing the human scheme could be assumed in terms of the electromagnetic dynamic of element physics. The Kundalini Chakras are actually a cosmic original dance of stuff shifting into energy as well as vice versa as defined through relevant physics.

As experts are noticing, as well as whatever the antique practitioner of Kundalini knew centuries before, our builds are not just stuffed somewhat they are energy in gesture. Science furthermore confesses that it does not understand the fundamental forces that create and withstand life force.

Spiritual trials over the ages have revealed that the human mind itself is proficient of focusing straight upon the source of life. Awareness is the crucial tool for partaking and meeting in the last fundamental force that authorizes our life.
Kundalini meditation is a precise and exact method for growing the conscious mind toward the existence of the seven spirited centers otherwise Kundalini Chakras in the body. Over-focusing often on these chakras we study toward balancing our active systems for the profound awakening of awareness. This aids in balancing the lively schemes in our body as well as also growing the flow of energy over all the seven Kundalini Chakras so that the whole being converts one through the universal.

One of the maximum widespread mistakes around emerging Kundalini is that it wakes all at once, as well as that “Third Eye” opens entirely, and we would abruptly be flooded through psychic visions that may make us sense crazy as well as out of control.

Kundalini Charkas are similar an opening of a camera lens that while opened are water-logged with light, through energy through info. To take an image, toward record every little point of echo, the aperture requisite single open momentarily to capture hundreds of thousands of minute particulars.

It is similar to the third eye, otherwise any of the Kundalini chakras for that stuff. While the third eye open, the mind is underwater through light, insight, and motivation. This is an actual communal meditation experience. It could happen progressively over time, otherwise quite rapidly. If the third eye opens extensive and it is sudden, this usually happens for a period, as well as then re-calibrates toward a new opening setting that is additional free than beforehand, however not extensive open incessantly.

While we fall in love, The heart chakra opens wide. Love pours in as well as gushes out. The domain is ripe through possibility as well as charged with electricity. As well as then our hearts settle downcast and get contented through the relation. Some persons complain of tedium while all the eagerness subsides. This complaint applies toward both individuals who have had melodramatic Kundalini proficiencies as well as to those who are curved on the excitement of new love, however, grow exhausted of functioning to keep a rapport vital.

jeritadamson

Postby jeritadamson » 28 Mar 2018 15:03

Hi, I just joined the forum to hear perspectives on dreams or other altered state experiences involving a feeling of being stalked by a powerful being as perhaps a dragon, or “the devil,” or “pan” or “life,” and I’m stoked to hear this feeling I’ve been having (and about which I’ve been a little uneasy but lately starting to think I may be missing out on dynamic energy coming my way, not in danger of “selling my soul to the devil”) might just be kundalini rising

I’ll check out some of those links/books. All my life (I’m 41 now) I’ve had a crown-chakra opening experience from time to time—usually during moments of clear communication that relieves pent up misunderstandings) and I know I need to strengthen my body and achieve my greater human potential - I’m just wondering if you can believe in kundalini AND the devil?

Because I don’t want to just think it’s all good if it’s possibly The Devil (TM)

Know what I mean?

I mean, I’ve definitely had some “entity” (myself?) who feels like the god of a south American temple to whom many human sacrifices were rendered

Too “heavy?”

I had dreams—almost lucid two nights ago—in which (this is a theme) my musical ability is increased - see? It sounds like “kundalini” might resemble “selling your soul to the devil” -

I’m a little scattered here at the end, because my daughter’s awake and talking to me, so I’ll sign off for now

Hope this makes sense - I think it’d be a fruitful discussion

Return to “Paranormal Activity”