Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
User avatar
DawnXEye11
Posts: 73
Joined: 16 May 2016 20:14

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby DawnXEye11 » 20 Mar 2018 02:51

Oh, so that's what you meant by the candy store thing. That's true. I don't think I can recall any candys that are no more though. Its probably cause I was younger than you. I do recall vhs and cds though.

I understand that kind of suffering can be difficult to endure. But there are some people who manage to find a way to be happy despite being crippled. I suppose Hawking would be a good example.

Yeah 30,000 is a lot. If you don't need it, you dont but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

I need to check out the sims 3 someday.

Never heard of Banjo tooie. Sounds like Banjo and kazooie the game. But yeah, those visual settings would make it so awkward to watch.

I remember seeing a video where he said he was thinking of an elf detective cartoon and working on something else. Would be interesting to watch.
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

lucidé
Posts: 571
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby lucidé » 20 Mar 2018 07:37

DawnXEye11 wrote:Oh, so that's what you meant by the candy store thing. That's true. I don't think I can recall any candys that are no more though. Its probably cause I was younger than you. I do recall vhs and cds though.

Before CDs, they had Floppy Discs. At least when I was really young, they had DOS games. Those days of the NES and Gameboy were some of the coolest. Also they did have pay to play video games when I was a kid, in the form of arcade machines. You'd go into an arcade, and put quarters in the machine to play a game (arcades since those days have mostly died off because of the IPhone). I enjoyed video games even as a baby, because at 6 months old, my neighbor gave our family a NES to play with, and I would watch my siblings, especially my brother, play on that NES. You wouldn't ever believe this, but they used to have candy bars that cost a dime so the kids could afford to buy them, and even the regular candy bars that cost $1 today cost only a quarter back when I was a child. There was also a claw machine where you could test your luck, and try to grab $0.10 candy out of the machine for a quarter (it always guaranteed 1 piece). I usually ended up grabbing 3-5 pieces out of there when I was a kid, because I knew what piles to aim the claw at.

I understand that kind of suffering can be difficult to endure. But there are some people who manage to find a way to be happy despite being crippled. I suppose Hawking would be a good example.

I don't think he was terribly thrilled being crippled. No one really wants to live their life with a disability, because having lived for many years with one myself, most of the time, there is really a huge amount of discrimination in our society against disabilities. Even our own President is discriminating against disabilities and it clearly shows. I will tell you from experience since I've had to live with one, I've had teachers outright tell me they don't want me in their class, I've had employers not want to hire me and finding a job is WAY more difficult (a person that's LGBT ends up taking higher priority over a person with a disability), and unlike Hawking, I am probably not going to have quite as long of a lifespan. I really doubt Hawking even while crippled had a perfect life. I bet there were probably even times, he might have faced discrimination, just because I've seen how some people treat others with disabilities before.

Fortunately when I was a teenager, there was also a way for me to exist in a reality where I didn't have my disability, thanks to the help of a natural drug called DMT. When I would end up in lucid dreams from that, I was free! The feeling I didn't have to deal with that in that form of lucid dream was so amazing, it was really what mattered most to me in that lucid dream. Then there were my friends which several of them also dealt with a disability of their own, and in their lucid dreams (I am concluding they might have for some reason, tripped on DMT like I did, I can no longer ask them why since one doesn't exist anymore), they were also freed from their disabilities just like I was, and I saw it in mine as much as they saw it in theirs. Even if it was merely dream meshing, it was one of the most amazing things I ever was able to lucid dream about.

Yeah 30,000 is a lot. If you don't need it, you dont but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

Sadly I really do need the cash, and expensive amounts like that make it very hard for me to stay alive when I only make around $12,000 a year and have to use most of that to pay for college and housing.

I need to check out the sims 3 someday.

If they even still offer it. That stupid non violent Sims 4 game has taken over the market.

Although one game I have played and am still playing is Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You do have to buy a Switch to play this game, but it is so worth the money. It is an open world adventure game, and it has a semi-realistic feature on it, where you try to survive in the wilderness as you are searching for about 200 mini dungeons and 4 main dungeons in this game. Unlike other Zelda games where you have to pick up hearts to recover, you have to cook meals and eat them to recover. You can forage for wild fruit, mushrooms, and vegetables, and you also fish and find arrows to kill wild pigs, deer, goats, wolves, and foxes to get edible meat off of them.

Never heard of Banjo tooie. Sounds like Banjo and kazooie the game. But yeah, those visual settings would make it so awkward to watch.

I enjoy using a game shark and activating devil bottles mode. Since one of the characters from the other game gets killed at the beginning, if you type in a cheat code, you can actually turn the character from the last game into an evil ghost. With a second player, you can possess enemies, and try to kill the player, which makes for some really fun competition.


I remember seeing a video where he said he was thinking of an elf detective cartoon and working on something else. Would be interesting to watch.

I am sure.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
DawnXEye11
Posts: 73
Joined: 16 May 2016 20:14

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby DawnXEye11 » 22 Mar 2018 12:55

lucidé wrote:
DawnXEye11 wrote:Oh, so that's what you meant by the candy store thing. That's true. I don't think I can recall any candys that are no more though. Its probably cause I was younger than you. I do recall vhs and cds though.

Before CDs, they had Floppy Discs. At least when I was really young, they had DOS games. Those days of the NES and Gameboy were some of the coolest. Also they did have pay to play video games when I was a kid, in the form of arcade machines. You'd go into an arcade, and put quarters in the machine to play a game (arcades since those days have mostly died off because of the IPhone). I enjoyed video games even as a baby, because at 6 months old, my neighbor gave our family a NES to play with, and I would watch my siblings, especially my brother, play on that NES. You wouldn't ever believe this, but they used to have candy bars that cost a dime so the kids could afford to buy them, and even the regular candy bars that cost $1 today cost only a quarter back when I was a child. There was also a claw machine where you could test your luck, and try to grab $0.10 candy out of the machine for a quarter (it always guaranteed 1 piece). I usually ended up grabbing 3-5 pieces out of there when I was a kid, because I knew what piles to aim the claw at.

I understand that kind of suffering can be difficult to endure. But there are some people who manage to find a way to be happy despite being crippled. I suppose Hawking would be a good example.

I don't think he was terribly thrilled being crippled. No one really wants to live their life with a disability, because having lived for many years with one myself, most of the time, there is really a huge amount of discrimination in our society against disabilities. Even our own President is discriminating against disabilities and it clearly shows. I will tell you from experience since I've had to live with one, I've had teachers outright tell me they don't want me in their class, I've had employers not want to hire me and finding a job is WAY more difficult (a person that's LGBT ends up taking higher priority over a person with a disability), and unlike Hawking, I am probably not going to have quite as long of a lifespan. I really doubt Hawking even while crippled had a perfect life. I bet there were probably even times, he might have faced discrimination, just because I've seen how some people treat others with disabilities before.

Fortunately when I was a teenager, there was also a way for me to exist in a reality where I didn't have my disability, thanks to the help of a natural drug called DMT. When I would end up in lucid dreams from that, I was free! The feeling I didn't have to deal with that in that form of lucid dream was so amazing, it was really what mattered most to me in that lucid dream. Then there were my friends which several of them also dealt with a disability of their own, and in their lucid dreams (I am concluding they might have for some reason, tripped on DMT like I did, I can no longer ask them why since one doesn't exist anymore), they were also freed from their disabilities just like I was, and I saw it in mine as much as they saw it in theirs. Even if it was merely dream meshing, it was one of the most amazing things I ever was able to lucid dream about.

Yeah 30,000 is a lot. If you don't need it, you dont but sometimes its better to be safe than sorry.

Sadly I really do need the cash, and expensive amounts like that make it very hard for me to stay alive when I only make around $12,000 a year and have to use most of that to pay for college and housing.

I need to check out the sims 3 someday.

If they even still offer it. That stupid non violent Sims 4 game has taken over the market.

Although one game I have played and am still playing is Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. You do have to buy a Switch to play this game, but it is so worth the money. It is an open world adventure game, and it has a semi-realistic feature on it, where you try to survive in the wilderness as you are searching for about 200 mini dungeons and 4 main dungeons in this game. Unlike other Zelda games where you have to pick up hearts to recover, you have to cook meals and eat them to recover. You can forage for wild fruit, mushrooms, and vegetables, and you also fish and find arrows to kill wild pigs, deer, goats, wolves, and foxes to get edible meat off of them.

Never heard of Banjo tooie. Sounds like Banjo and kazooie the game. But yeah, those visual settings would make it so awkward to watch.

I enjoy using a game shark and activating devil bottles mode. Since one of the characters from the other game gets killed at the beginning, if you type in a cheat code, you can actually turn the character from the last game into an evil ghost. With a second player, you can possess enemies, and try to kill the player, which makes for some really fun competition.


I remember seeing a video where he said he was thinking of an elf detective cartoon and working on something else. Would be interesting to watch.

I am sure.


Cool. There are arcades but it is less like before.I recall seeing a candy machine before but it wasn't with a claw i think. I also recall when kitkat was 50 cents so i think 25 cents is believable.

I never said Hawking lived the perfect life. I just meant he didn't give up on life despite his disablement or the jerks out there. I can believe you when you say you feel free though. In lucid dreams you can do a lot of fun stuff without pain. I understand that you can't afford hospital bills though. They can be pretty expensive.

I played breathe of Wild. It was fun but than i got bored of it for some reason.

You sure do like battle games. XD
Lucid dreaming will always be apart of me that I cherish. Even If I'm different.
【☆Have a sweet dream☆】(●UωU).zZZ

lucidé
Posts: 571
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby lucidé » 23 Mar 2018 04:25


Cool. There are arcades but it is less like before.I recall seeing a candy machine before but it wasn't with a claw i think. I also recall when kitkat was 50 cents so i think 25 cents is believable.

It was so many years ago when candy bars were a quarter. I was only in kindergarten and the 1st-2nd grades when they were that cheap.
I am still impressed with how much Mario, Luigi, DK, and many of the other characters have improved since the NES days. Kid Icarus was a really fun game I watched my family play on the NES, then played myself. It took Nintendo 24 years to FINALLY release a sequel to that game.

I never said Hawking lived the perfect life. I just meant he didn't give up on life despite his disablement or the jerks out there. I can believe you when you say you feel free though. In lucid dreams you can do a lot of fun stuff without pain. I understand that you can't afford hospital bills though. They can be pretty expensive.

I am just assuming because he was a genius, science gave him a free pass from experiments. That isn’t always the case with the disabled, and some scientists will often take advantage of the disabled with experiments. I believe that drug overdose I had before was intentional and they aren’t telling me, because I was really to them a test subject, nothing more or less. Why I won’t allow lucid dream experiments.
Being free from disabilities is way different than just being free from pain in a lucid dream. It’s more on the lines of somehow a user is able to temporarily bypass permanent damage done to the brain during the lucid dream. In real life, I can no longer have control over my emotions and can become angry or depressed sometimes for no reason at all. The lucid dreams I am free, this never happens, as I have complete control. My friend was born with his disability, and he described what it was like to be free.
If it got way too expensive, I’d just pull the plug. It’s Not worth having my family pay a mortgage again like they had to over my last Grandparent (who is as real to me as the tooth fairy).

I played breathe of Wild. It was fun but than i got bored of it for some reason.

Get a guide, and start finding the shrines. And the Deku Seeds (the gold poop award is funny)

You sure do like battle games. XD
[/quote][/quote]
Excited for Super Smash Bros on the Switch.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

astralguy
Posts: 1
Joined: 08 May 2018 11:18

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby astralguy » 08 May 2018 11:24

Summerlander wrote:'Imagine, imagine, imagine ...' is the advice given by Jasmine2. There is no such thing as 'astral projection'. It is all dreaming (concocted by your mind as the brain's 'software') and you are either lucid (knowing it's a dream) or not. To imagine is to conjure images IN your mind. And imagination can also appeal to memory of real places. You'd be merely conjuring visual illusions--not visiting real places incorporeally as in an out-of-body experience. Nothing along the lines of ectoplasm (or some such nonsense) separates from the body. There are no real OBEs, only illusions ... and confirmation bias delusions. :mrgreen:
astralguy wrote:So basically you are telling me that you don't believe in the afterlife then because because astral projection is basically accessing the astral world or afterlife if so I'll be laughing me head off when you come to the afterlife :lol:
[ Post made via Android ] Image

lucidé
Posts: 571
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby lucidé » 12 May 2018 07:36

astralguy wrote:So basically you are telling me that you don't believe in the afterlife then because because astral projection is basically accessing the astral world or afterlife if so I'll be laughing me head off when you come to the afterlife :lol:
]

If such does exist, would it be entertaining for you then to watch people be tortured eternally for things I cannot help?
I believe if there is one, our awareness and DNA will be reprogrammed into that of a robot’s in about 100 universes time as I theorize universes are endlessly evolving like our universe. The problem with you laughing hard is our memories and experiences are as RAM in a computer, and could not be revived. It would be as if we never formally existed at a previous time. As to why we would be programmed into robots, the robots would be used for the least pleasant tasks such as cleaning, food service, and ones that have a higher risk of death. Since we wouldn’t remember our lives prior to the future, we would not have issues with being subservient. If this theory of an afterlife sounds far fetched, I would say it sounds way less far fetched than commanding that all the gays and disabled be tossed into a non-viscous volcano or to get caught in a lava flow and to endlessly burn in it.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4196
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby Summerlander » 14 May 2018 21:20

astralguy wrote:
Summerlander wrote:'Imagine, imagine, imagine ...' is the advice given by Jasmine2. There is no such thing as 'astral projection'. It is all dreaming (concocted by your mind as the brain's 'software') and you are either lucid (knowing it's a dream) or not. To imagine is to conjure images IN your mind. And imagination can also appeal to memory of real places. You'd be merely conjuring visual illusions--not visiting real places incorporeally as in an out-of-body experience. Nothing along the lines of ectoplasm (or some such nonsense) separates from the body. There are no real OBEs, only illusions ... and confirmation bias delusions. :mrgreen:
astralguy wrote:So basically you are telling me that you don't believe in the afterlife then because because astral projection is basically accessing the astral world or afterlife if so I'll be laughing me head off when you come to the afterlife :lol:
[ Post made via Android ] Image


Sadly, it would be pointless and inapproppriate of me to laugh my head off when you reach the end of your life. You will never be as posthumously surprised as I would be in your hereafter scenario if my nihilistic proposition is correct. :roll:

Ironically, you wouldn't be surprised even if you're right about the survival of consciousness after bodily death seen as your 'astral projection' experiences have already confirmed it on a personal level. :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé
Posts: 571
Joined: 04 Feb 2017 03:10

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby lucidé » 15 May 2018 04:10

If I didn’t lose consciousness...and I could judge based on how much real time had passed I wasn’t going to, this opens a huge Pandora’s box of what could be happening and it may not just be religion based.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4196
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby Summerlander » 15 May 2018 21:04

People do indeed experience profound epiphanies and numinous visions. But I feel that these phenomena have been hijacked by religion in a bid to make its tenets more credible.

People often refer to these experiences as 'spiritual' and that's fine. But in no way do they vindicate the purported authenticity of religion. What we are dealing with here is something else and still the subject of ongoing study. :idea:

A while ago, on the TV program This Morning, they were debating about NDEs (near-death experiences) and the possibility of an afterlife. I was dismayed at the fact that most of the comments from the public were vehemently in favour of the existence of the afterlife. Only one said: 'We'll find out when we get there...' (or won't as I thought at the time).

There is no doubt that NDEs are real experiences, but many people unjustly interpret them without carefully looking at the facts. I also happen to have had a near-death experience once from drug intoxication years ago. At the time, I was young and naive and the experience absolutely convinced me that I had died and come back to tell the tale of being in a peaceful state and then floating over people's heads. But we must not forget that 'near-death' is not 'death'. It is still an account by the living and our brains, regardless of what is spread out there in those sensationalist stories, is still very much active.

Many hospitals don't have the right equipment to probe deeply into the dying brain or the near-dead brain, hence why doctors will say that there was no measurable brain activity. In the lab, where neuroscientists are better equipped, it is a different story. There are deep reverberations in the brain which are enough to produce experience. This fact is conveniently edited out by sensationalist media corporations who focus mainly on the verbal account of the biased experiencer.

During an NDE, the brains natural psychedelics kick in and consciousness is thrust into a dream world---despite the anecdotal evidence you might have heard regarding verification. Furthermore, consider one of the common features of NDEs: the nearly dying seem to regularly encounter their loved ones who have gone before them into the next world.

We know, however, that recognising a person's face requires an intact fusiform cortex, primarily in the right hemisphere. Damage to this area of the brain definitely robs the mind of its powers of facial recognition (among other things). People with this sort of damage have what its called prosopagnosia, and, although they can see perfectly well and are able to recognise objects, colours, and shapes...they fail at faces even if they belong to close family and friends! The living can experience other types of agnosia, too!

In fact, every mental faculty is vulnerable and liable to expunction via brain damage or malfunction (and a number of funny, hallucinatory effects can arise too). Also, the living can experience varying degrees of consciousness as well as unconsciousness. What makes us think that a dead person will have any conscious experience at all? With the scientific evidence at hand I can only infer that, either there is no afterlife, or, there is one where we possess all the brain deficits in a realm shared by equally impaired deceased individuals. Which on makes more sense to you?

Many people find this fact hard to accept: mental experience---be it in waking, dream, or lucid dream states---is a thing of the living. Dead means dead. When we pass we become, to put it sarcastically, as conscious as we were prior to our birth. We will lose everything including our sense of self. It is possible, however, that we may have a pre-death experience which is like that of the NDE, in which case we'd temporarily perceive a pseudo-afterlife before being naturally ushered out into permanent unconsciousness as the brain gives out.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava


Return to “Paranormal Activity”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest