Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
RobertForsythe

Re: Lucid dreaming convert to astral projection???

Postby RobertForsythe » 21 Feb 2016 01:34

Science has nothing to do with the chocolate flavour being your favourite, you say? Are you sure? So science has nothing to say about your genome, your cerebral make-up and environmental influences as potential causes?

I didn't say that.
I didn't say any of that.

Ya know what?... usually I give a person who is newly acquainted the benefit of the doubt and proceed with communication attempts on a good faith basis. Every now and then I cross paths with a total *$%#@@@#%%^ and there is not much to be done about it.

When people put words in your mouth that you never said and reply as though you actually said that?... ?... you know what I have come to believe?... these sorts of people are not honest people.
Last edited by RobertForsythe on 21 Feb 2016 10:05, edited 1 time in total.
How I Project Consciousness In 15 Minutes Or Less & How You Can Too
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 21 Feb 2016 10:02

'I can state with certainty that chocolate is my favorite flavor of ice cream and science has nothing to do with it.'--RobertForsythe :mrgreen:

'I never said that ...'--Liar, amnesiac or bad person? :-D

[ Post made via Android ] Image

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 21 Feb 2016 10:15

Are you sure? So science has nothing to say about your genome, your cerebral make-up and environmental influences as potential causes?

I said nothing about genomes, or cerebral make-up and environmental influences as potential causes.

See Enra, that over-extension is the detail that I was taking exception to. If you take a colloquial reference to "science" in the sense of a methodology and you then expand it to include "all knowledge" gained under a scientific rubric you make a very dishonest insinuation.

So I say again, the manner in which I form my opinion on which ice cream I like best is not "science" (and it goes without saying that I do not mean that there is no scientific body of info about the intricacies of the brain somewhere in the literature, about how choices are made -- who would try play a word game like that?).

Your replies are little like the person of dubious character who replies to a statement like "Quantum physics were not used in computing the powder charge and elevation of the barrel when canon balls were fired at a fortress wall (Newtonian physics)" with a retort something along the lines of "Oh, do you mean to tell me there were no sub-atomic particles involved?"... gimmee a break!
by Robert Forsythe

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 21 Feb 2016 13:54

I know you said nothing about genomes etc.--and nobody said you did! It's funny how you are the very thing you accuse others of being! :-D

But you did say science has NOTHING to do with your preferences, which is clearly a fallacies statement on your part that you are unable to own up as you try so hard to discredit my brutal truth nuggets and save face. :mrgreen:

Abd again, you reply with more useless and impertinent analogies as part of a specious argument that you hope will pull the wool over the eyes of others. I was wondering how long it would take you to resort to quantum mechanics and reveal, once more, your pseudo-scientific slant when everybody knows--or should know--that science is pragmatically not about beliefs. :geek:

And again, the manner in which you form your 'opinion' has a science behind it whether you are will to admit it or not. First you said you never said anything of the sort (denial). Now you admit that you said it but claim it was misinterpreted by fail to cogently explain how. :roll:

You have been caught out now ... twice! Twice as an impertinent analogist (the latest being flawed reasoning by using an example involving two scientific fields--the quantum and the classical--against the reality that subjective preference IS undergirded by science), and once as a liar (or denier).

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 21 Feb 2016 14:12

And look at who edited his 'I didn't say that' post ... :mrgreen:

In a bid to save face, that is a very dishonest move on your part, Robert.

It's all there for everyone to see ... a man full of regrets about his statements. :-D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 21 Feb 2016 14:51

Robert had already lost for me when he resorted to name-calling--apart from his strawman arguments and ad hominems. He just made it worse, now.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Carter Blunt

Postby Carter Blunt » 21 Feb 2016 15:32

Summerlander wrote:Robert had already lost for me when he resorted to name-calling--apart from his strawman arguments and ad hominems. He just made it worse, now.

Cohen's Law, you lose.

Enra Traz

Postby Enra Traz » 21 Feb 2016 17:13

Robert couldn't do anything but pick on my silly quotes. Cohen's law indeed. :mrgreen:

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 21 Feb 2016 17:38

I know you said nothing about genomes etc.--and nobody said you did! It's funny how you are the very thing you accuse others of being! :-D

You did introduce genomes in a ridiculous tactic that only serves to obfuscate, Enra. I said that my opinion about ice cream flavor is formed unscientifically and I stand by that claim. Honest readers will admit this is so. Your observation that " the manner in which you form your 'opinion' has a science behind it whether you are will to admit it or not" is pure absurdity. Your reply about genomes and the manner in which decision processes making can be scientifically evaluated is irrelevant. I also stand by my assessment how your abuse of the language in this fashion is dishonest.

The analogy I gave was good, Enra. and I stand by it as such. You say that it falls apart because you *can* take a fish to the desert... ummm, no you can't -- not really -- I don't know how much fishing you have done but they do not do well outside the water and go comatose very quickly. Pretending to have made a refutation in this manner does not further your argument. The analogy does not fall apart because you say it does. Nearly all analogies unravel at some point, especially when ridiculously absurd scenarios are suggested and when the reader is disinterested in honest communication and only wants to belittle those he disagrees with.

I have already shown how you seem to lack an understanding of the difference between "proof" and "evidence" and now we can add "opinion" to the list. Go ahead and obstinately cling to some absurd demand that an opinion be scientifically proven. The petty tyrant will only lose integrity with that sort of ploy.

And Summer, I am pretty sure that I have made no blatant ad hominem. I may have characterized a form of argumentation in rough terms that I edited to soften the edges a bit, but it was still ad argumentum the way I phrased it. If I see some internet troll playing the role of petty little tyrant it is not an ad hominem but ad argumentum to quote the offending sentence and accurately identify the semantic modus operandi for what it truly is. Granted, this can be done with varying degrees of tact and decorum and I reserve the right to edit a few words here and there if I later think better of it.
by Robert Forsythe

RobertForsythe

Postby RobertForsythe » 21 Feb 2016 18:32

Wow.
Summerlander/Enra Traz, did you just say on another thread that you two are the same person?!

So you string me along playing bad cop/badder cop using your alter ego to back yourself up...?
This is an old forum trick that is not just universally frowned upon by decent people...

It is a deeply dishonest tactic usually employed by insecure types who are so needy they have to present the illusion of agreement among the broader community...

I had already pointed out your dishonest semantic modus operandi but this seals it.

Q.E.D.
by Robert Forsythe

Return to “Paranormal Activity”