Feeling dark presence after initiating lucid dream

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
LMeltdown

Re: Feeling dark presence after initiating lucid dream

Postby LMeltdown » 09 Dec 2016 05:59

I appreciate that. That means I will not be so herky-jerky and wig-out. It's just my mind.

You bring up an interesting point. Those that say they astrally project (I have no idea what that means at the moment) but you mention people insist they've spoken or interacted with spiritual entities. How could one prove or convince that they had? Is there a litmus test for this?

I'm being dead serious. You know, we've all heard of some operating rooms that put slips of paper in weird places to see if anyone reads them if they say they've had an OBE. That would be a form of "proof".

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 09 Dec 2016 23:39

Good to hear from you, LMeltdown. I am not really familiar with relevant scientific studies. I read quite a few claims, for which a starting point would seem to be to give a simple lie detector test to cull out grossly negligent intent just to make money on a book.

Also, someone might have an experience that is not reproducible in a laboratory, but which experience is still highly relevant to the one involved.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 10 Dec 2016 02:29

To my knowledge there has never been anyone who can read papers in weird places via OBEs and get their content right every time. Those instances when someone gets the numbers right tend to be one-offs and are as frequent as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. And then confirmation bias ensures that individuals who jump the gun extol the 'hits' and ignore the numerous 'misses'. Of course people get lucky sometimes---like guessing! If they didn't, then it would actually be weird ... :shock:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2017 13:21

LMeltdown wrote:I appreciate that. That means I will not be so herky-jerky and wig-out. It's just my mind.

You bring up an interesting point. Those that say they astrally project (I have no idea what that means at the moment) but you mention people insist they've spoken or interacted with spiritual entities. How could one prove or convince that they had? Is there a litmus test for this?

I'm being dead serious. You know, we've all heard of some operating rooms that put slips of paper in weird places to see if anyone reads them if they say they've had an OBE. That would be a form of "proof".

meeting with some astral being would be extremely hard to prove unless you got a heap of unknown info from it which you could later prove was correct or came true (but then how would one still prove it came from an astral being? many others who dont believe in these things would argue with you and tell you you couldnt have).

Its far easier to prove to oneself as one know one hasnt cheated just by doing things by buying a magazine you havent read, rip a page out of it without looking at it at all and then put the page face up in a place you cant see in real life unless you climbed up to look. When you are astral, then go and have a look at that page. (I once saw a gift voucher my boyfriend hid and hadnt told me about when I floated up to the roof and then saw it on top of my wardrobe and then went over to it to see what it was).

Things like guessing numbers and that could be too coincidental but if its a random page you've never seen before. You'll know if you saw it astrally for real when you go and check when you get back to the physical. Or ou can check out other stuff astrally and then later check to see if it was real.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 03 Jan 2017 13:30

Summerlander wrote:To my knowledge there has never been anyone who can read papers in weird places via OBEs and get their content right every time. Those instances when someone gets the numbers right tend to be one-offs and are as frequent as winning the lottery or being struck by lightning. And then confirmation bias ensures that individuals who jump the gun extol the 'hits' and ignore the numerous 'misses'. Of course people get lucky sometimes---like guessing! If they didn't, then it would actually be weird ... :shock:

the moment one gets something which is false, proves the experience wasnt real, proves it was just a dream. You dont need to do something over and over to prove if its real or not if you chose something very good to check reality with to which you would be sure of. It takes only one false thing to prove the experience isnt correct so then dreaming

(of cause if a person chose a card to see, then one would have to prove it quite a few times straight at least as once wouldnt be enough to prove experience was real due to the high odds of it being right.. and in this situation the card should be put in a different place each time as the imprint of the astral could stay from previous time which could cause things to get confusing).. You either experience something and can prove its real or you prove you dreamed it!

I must admit that havent tried this over and over as I are completely satifisfied with things i've seen astral which were correct (the one time Isaw something astrally which didnt make sense, I later found out why I'd seen and experienced what I did.) It makes no sense to me to do this over and over as "being your imagination/dream" only takes one go to prove.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Jan 2017 02:06

My point is, even when you get a hit, you cannot rule out coincidence.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. The universe is most likely infinite. If it isn't, it's certainly vast enough to have another Earth out there populated by identical beings and where events mirror the ones here on our Earth. Can you imagine the enormity of such coincidence?

So-called OBE number/event-hits pale by comparison. Seemingly precognitive dreams are almost insignificant compared to the mathematically guaranteed cosmic coincidences as pointed out by Max Tegmark.

Can you imagine the awe you'd experience if you discovered another planet out there with the exact same history---where atomic and molecular interaction throughout time, in a remote part of the universe, happens to coincide with our local events? Imagine our feeble human minds contemplating such scenario ...

Undoubtedly, many of us would think that something mighty strange is going on---that a higher power, perhaps, is behind the same design; but there is no reason to suppose this when the universe is unimaginably vast to the point where, if this were the only Earth, then it would actually be weird. Rather, the universe tells us that such coincidence is more than just likely.

It's akin to taking into account all the grains of sand and pebbles on Earth and discovering that many inevitably look exactly the same ...

There are around 7 billion people on Earth and the majority remember several dreams each night. If none of our dreams ever appeared to be precognitive, telepathic or something like remote viewing---then one would be reasonably inclined to think that some unknown intelligent force works to ensure the originality and novelty of every single sleep hallucination in order to prevent coincidence.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Labyrinthine

Postby Labyrinthine » 20 May 2018 19:51

I don't think the paper test concerning OBE is trustworthy. The problem is that even if the spiritual world was real, we wouldn't know for sure how it works. According to some spiritualist beliefs, the world of spirits is malleable and changes according to the will of the one experiencing it. The papers could just vanish or not exist in the first place in that realm in any given moment.
My point is, whoever thought the spiritual plane would work according to the same principles as the material one?

JAD

Postby JAD » 02 Jun 2018 17:59

I think you should trust your instincts on this one. That sounds like an evil entity that is stalking you and perhaps waiting for an opportunity to enter you. A serious sin will open that door and you'll become a host to it. I am not trying to scare you but just trying to warn you. If you are not yet a born again Christian I suggest you get baptised and start focusing on God, reading the Bible and praying. Beware of psychics that are heavy into the occult and can bring trouble into your life. I've seen it happen in my family and it's serious. I hope this helps.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 05 Jun 2018 17:35

Religious superstition. Nonsense. ^^ :roll:

Here's why:
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=15030

Ahhh ... the old lie never goes away ... :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”