The Hereafter

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
Summerlander

Re: The Hereafter

Postby Summerlander » 05 Mar 2017 20:41

lucidé wrote:What I do mind Summerlander is that he is inconsiderately dodging my question about how the phobics would feel if they were faced with the scary situation. They are not afraid of ghosts, they are afraid of turning into a ghost.

You're right. He's yet to address this. His last post completely ignored such phobia. Why do you think he dismissed it? Iscit because he stands on the other side of the spectrum? (He wants to be a ghost.)

The problem I have with most endings is that they are either go on and on and never stop, or there is no real happy ending (get separated from your family at the end). I have a really good one. We all end up living in an alternative reality (lucid dream). We can do anything we want and have anything we wish for. The best part is that dream sharing exists in this reality, so our families and friends can join us in our alt realities or we could venture off on our own. We also gain the ability of infinite knowledge and infinite storage in our brains, so not only does it make it that much harder for us to get bored in our lucid dreams, we can learn that much faster and that much more about the universe/multiverse, so rather than living in a non-progressing squidville, you can go to lucid dream school everyday to learn something new. Also lucid dreaming is indefinite, not permanent (you can choose how long you want it to last, if you want it to last forever, you could choose that as well, pick and choose how long), you could choose to sleep in unconsciousness if you got bored of it.
A good ending (this is the type of ending I am slightly hoping for myself, but can you blame me?).

This would be ideal. :)
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 05 Mar 2017 22:57

I am sure he probably wants to turn into a ghost. You can probably tell someone has been watching way too much Danny Phantom (a very popular TV show that aired nearly a decade ago), and he probably wants to pretend he's Danny Phantom. This is what the show looks like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2djx83-4XNQ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI11ZXT1M34

BTW, I just told him about the WILDs I used to have in my classes back in high school (I had some low probability instances happen in those as well, when I accurately read the board during the lecture in my lucid dream), I am hoping if I spill out some of the low probability dream spying lucid dream examples I had before, he will finally get the hint. I just hope I don't have to tell him about the extremely low probability ones to convince him.
Not all of the lucid dreams I have are WILDs BTW. I cannot say the lucid dream I had right before the medical procedure was a WILD,as I got gassed and passed out before I entered a lucid dream, and when I came back into consciousness is when I found myself back on the table, in my dream body, starring at the ceiling, completely aware I was in a dream. Because I was aware it was a lucid dream, I wanted to get off of that dream table and watch (I was even lucky enough to experience dream spying). Also when I tried to wake myself up from this WILD when the doctors said they were going to remove the gas from me, I tried to wake myself back up by sitting back down on the table, and I ended up seeing and feeling darkness all around me, feeling dazed all over, then passing out again before finally waking up (hard to believe I passed out more than once, isn't it? ). This lucid dream could either be a DILD or a MILD.

If there's going to be an ending to anything multimedia, why not make it a good or a happy ending to as many audiences as you can? Bad endings, even if they are called good endings, don't tend to be received quite as well by the audience, and therefore they do not sell. So you want there to be a good ending rather than just that everything or people disappear forever (although that does make for a very threatening Game Over like in the Fire Emblem war game, if your soldiers are killed in battle, it's permanent. It threatens the player not to let a soldier fall in battle) or people end up bored silly at the end of a story? For example, there was an ending with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky, that instead of every character from the bad future ceasing to exist when the bad future could no longer exist, they were simply relocated to an alternative universe, kind of similar to a dream dimension, and got to live in that happy future they always wanted for that indefinite amount of time they desired. While it is implied that the Pokemon deity Arceus caused that to happen, it wouldn't matter what caused it to happen, that was a good ending.

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=19035

I just made a sprite joke in this thread, want to have just a little fun joking about drinking sprite (or any type of caffeine/alcohol free drink) in this thread?
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 06 Mar 2017 08:51

Summerlander wrote:The majority of scientists believe there is no afterlife. Those who claim they do, do so outside the lab---away from their colleagues---and most likely only try to please their religious families. This type of scientist is rare and profoundly insincere.

Summerlander needs become a comedian. He does not believe in supernatural, but claims ability to read minds and know motives or others.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 06 Mar 2017 10:16

It goes without saying that some things go without saying, Pilgrim. It's actually very easy to 'read' the minds of children based on their actions. When you stop being a kid and have kids yourself one day, you will understand. And you don't have them through immaculate conception. :mrgreen:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 06 Mar 2017 17:18

Pilgrim, I am not a complete skeptic in the supernatural like Summerlander is. I only mentioned that I fight against ghosts theories because I am phobic of turning into a ghost. I am pretty cool when people talk about dream spying or other superpowers, because I open to the possibility that superpowers might somehow exist in the real world. However what some users might not know about superpowers existing in the real world, is that it might result in some unwanted results because of the laws of physics. With flying, go on ahead and try, I am not going to stop you. I might want to warn you, if you fly too high, you will most likely get hypothermia or the bends (this is why on airplanes they have decompression chambers).

That part about the kids is true, actually. For about 3 years, I was caretaker for 3-4 year old children in our group and we knew how to take care of them as well, there was certainly sweat and tears in taking care of them. I even found a way in getting to memorize 13 poems and keep up with the other age groups. You don't necessarily have to have a child to understand one, and I'd prefer to have one in that way. I couldn't bear the thought of having one even if I was one of the last 2 people on earth. Adoption is fine by me.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Pilgrim

Postby Pilgrim » 07 Mar 2017 07:57

Summerlander continues his thesis that others are dumb unless they agree with him. Of course, I am a dumb child, who has never cared for children, right? It is same as Summerlander, mind-reader, knowing that Lucide is Nesgirl too. Summerlander projects his own problems/insecurities onto others so that he will feel better about himself. Let me speculate, as Summerlander loves to do....Summerlander and wife are still of child baring age and are using birth control?

Does it matter whether I am married or even enjoy sex? Does it matter whether I use birth control? Does it matter whether Lucide is Nesgirl? I suggest that you take this forum interaction to your mind therapist. Ask your therapist whether your behavior and type of bullying is consistent with a certain age-group of females. Then, we can see who is the child.

Don't worry Lucide, I too spent several years in acute and critical care for children, taking a path for less money for joy of helping children.

It is odd that he claims to be a scientist (or "scientific" if lacking educational credential) but acquires facts through guessing and alleged ability for psychoanalysis. Did Summer retract his knowing you are Nesgirl? Summerlander is unable to distinguish hypothesis from fact. Mind reading when convenient to make Summerlander look good is the same technique that makes cults successful. He is unable to say 'you sound like Nesgirl for certain reason'. Cult has to prove Lucide is Nesgirl and rise up in defiance with "fact."

What Summerlander accuses others of being is what he is. A baby that has to make others look bad so that he will feel better about himself. Summerlander wishes that we write songs to the praise of his glorious intellect.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 07 Mar 2017 11:25

Total ad hominem and an absence of a substantial counterargument. ^^ :D

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 08 Mar 2017 01:36

Pilgrim wrote:
Don't worry Lucide, I too spent several years in acute and critical care for children, taking a path for less money for joy of helping children.

It is odd that he claims to be a scientist (or "scientific" if lacking educational credential) but acquires facts through guessing and alleged ability for psychoanalysis. Did Summer retract his knowing you are Nesgirl? Summerlander is unable to distinguish hypothesis from fact. Mind reading when convenient to make Summerlander look good is the same technique that makes cults successful. He is unable to say 'you sound like Nesgirl for certain reason'. Cult has to prove Lucide is Nesgirl and rise up in defiance with "fact."

What Summerlander accuses others of being is what he is. A baby that has to make others look bad so that he will feel better about himself. Summerlander wishes that we write songs to the praise of his glorious intellect.

Utah is well known for doing services for others. Actually when I did the services for those kids, I didn't get paid anything. I usually end up paying the community a very small fraction of what I earn, not for taxes, but because they are using the small amount of money people give back (we are asked, I'm fine with it) to home the homeless (a survey more recently showed that 91% of them were rehomed), feed the starving (there is a huge food storage house they have in Utah, where they even grow their own supplies thanks to the money and community services people do there for them), supply their own clothing/furniture or even accept used in a storage center for the needy as well, and so much more. There is even a special clinic there specifically for the mentally ill. The U of U sports team, you may not know, sometimes has mentally disabled people playing on their sports team, which is why I support the team.

I used to be into science as well, when I was a child, and I got really good grades in both math and science. I am still very good in numbers, but I also had a great interest in computers and video games, and was fully capable of lucid dreaming as a child. I was good enough in science and in math that I could have pursued a science or a math degree if that was what I wanted, because I did really enjoy school growing up, which most of my classmates didn't seem to enjoy (except for middle school, but that was only because I got attacked by bullies every day). Then in high school, I did enjoy the math and science classes, especially when I got to induce WILDs when I accidentally got too sleepy to stay awake. When I was introduced to multimedia, and found I was able to get away with doing or saying whatever I wanted and making my characters do exactly the same thing, I found I quite enjoyed the thrilling escape away from reality when I went into a multimedia project, and could make my characters do or say anything I wanted them to. It took a while until I could figure out exactly how I could put my ideas into exactly how I wanted, but Lutopia seems to fit exactly how I feel about escaping from reality and getting away with doing, being, or creating whatever you want without there being any consequences from morals (such as my violence towards pixel characters) or the laws of physics (weight gain or other negative side effects if you eat something, super abilities, no pixilelated character will ever be mean to you no matter what your personality is like, which is important for some disabled people). I simply found that I just prefer the escapism of multimedia much more.

Don't worry about what he's saying about me. It is probably true I have done some bad things in my life. I really regret some of the things I did while I was in middle school while I had my depression episodes, which was yet another reason why I ended up in detention almost every day. I am completely responsible for allowing myself to get to that point back then, even if I was getting attacked every day by bullies.

I don't have a high IQ myself (that comprehension handicap I have makes my IQ normal, I scored As in the other subjects, but an F in comprehension, giving me a C), but I don't really seem to care, as it doesn't seem to affect me in hands on numbers or multimedia.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Mar 2017 10:53

I'm sceptical of IQ tests. I don't think they are a reliable way of testing one's intelligence due to time constraints. Also, what if one's depressed and unaware of it at the time of said test.

I've got zero tolerance for bullies, too. They were wrong to maltreat you and you are better off without those individuals. Whatever they did to you is inexcusable and indefensible.

And you are not responsible for having fallen into depression. You are who you are and you never chose to be that way. Plenty of people experience a subtle kind of comfort in the boom-and-bust cycle that comes with depression---and this is partly due to the fact that they fear any form of change (even if this is the transition to wellbeing which may involve altering the brain's default mode).

Have no regrets, nesgirl. If you ever want to talk about it you are welcome to PM me. I can be both your cognitive behavioural therapist and mindfulness meditation coach. If you ever feel like you need help, that is. :)

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 08 Mar 2017 17:25

I still take responsibility for the time I fell into that awful depression in middle school. You weren't there, so you don't know how bad it really was. It wasn't just that I'd hurt so bad I didn't want to even go to class anymore. Sometimes, without warning, I would become enraged, panicked, overemotional, etc. They told me at that middle school I was a horribly behaved student at that middle school. I let my depression from getting attacked constantly take over my mind, so it is my fault I behaved so badly in middle school.

I don't need therapy BTW. Thanks anyways. They FINALLY figured out it was my depression that was causing me to do that when I got sent to the Utah clinic, so I got seen by the correct therapist and put on the right medications for that. I've also been talking to them about my lucid dreams for a while, even told them about my lucid dream friends and me having them, that we have no afflictions in our lucid dreams either. I have told them about some of my lucid dreams I feel like I cannot talk to you about. Like the one in the EEG lab. And some of the ones with a ridiculously low probability.

Also I have to be very careful with meditation. I have triggered myself to WILD so often the moment I get into relaxation, sometimes I end up in my dream body and flying around when I meditate, while other times, I an unaware my awareness transferred over to my dream body, so when they tell us to get up, I end up getting up. Then hilarity happens because I ended up in a lucid dream, finding out soon enough when I find out I cloned myself, when I look at my own dream body, or when I look at myself in the mirror, and I cannot see my reflection in the mirror, but I find out I just cloned myself sometimes by looking into the mirror. Even better is when charactlyers are expecting my clone to get up and react, when in my lucid dreams, that particular clone does nothing but sits or lays there motionless, as if that clone is going to answer them (it's like in that one Spongebob episode, where Spongebob leaves a dummy of himself in the room, avoiding a hug in one scene, and avoiding humiliation in another scene, except I don't ever remember intentionally leaving a dummy of myself in my lucid dreams when I somehow clone myself. Whatever works out in my lucid dreams at that time, works out excellent) It is incredibly fun to end up in a WILD when I meditate, but some instructors really don't like me goofing off in dream land during that time. The only exception to this is the white rooms. You have to dress all in white in order to enter them, and they have some sort of workings in them that absolutely prevent anyone from entering REM while inside the white rooms (their purpose is to cleanse your mind). Why no one ever has a problem with nightmares or SP inside of these white rooms. You go in them, you meditate in them for a long time, you feel extremely refreshed, happy, and at peace. Even if you end up falling into delta sleep by accident in these white rooms, you still end up feeling at peace in these white room. Why I sometimes say that some of my WILDs I end up in sometimes feel like I am inside of the white room, like during the medical procedure MILD, my mind felt about the same as it did in that white room.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”