Connect with another being in a dream

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
tacocatburp

Re: Connect with another being in a dream

Postby tacocatburp » 11 Dec 2017 02:05

Free will exists, or nobody would have registered in these forums. If free will didn't exist, we would all lay around and crap on ourselves until we starved to death.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2017 02:29

^^Fallacious ignorance ... :D

Because you would want to crap yourself, yeah? Or is there a strong urge to go to the loo which compels you to move? Try staying still forever and see how long you last! That would be a difficult decision and arguably an act within non-action. Try harder with your noggin, pal ... :mrgreen:

We are here because we have either stumbled upon lucid dreaming or we heard of it and are, needless to say, interested in the subject. Some never heard of it or don't have the slightest interest. We don't pick what we like and dislike just as we don't pick our moods---or we'd simply switch to being happy all the time (which clearly isn't the case).

This is more evidence of matter, the brain, generating and influencing the mind. We don't pick our urges either, such as the urge to go for a shit at an inappropriate time---like in the middle of an important business presentation. :twisted:

You sir, are mistaking determinism for fatalism. Two different things. In a world of cause-and-effect, the concept of free will is absurd. Check out Benjamin et al experiments where relevant cortical areas of the brain activate way before a person becomes aware of having apparently decided to move a limb. The unconscious cogwheels move first before the action reaches consciousness---the witness that tends to claim authorship for everything that happens in it! Here ... have a gander and open your eyes:

http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15086

You have either completely ignored my last post or its content just went over your head. You could ask me questions if you like and I may be able to break it down for you so that you can better digest it. Like tough truth nuggets, y'know! :ugeek:

How many kids have I taught this lesson to online? I've lost count. You either take heed and learn or you remain ignorant! 8-)

Stop sucking up to Amaradreamer's bahookie and learn to think for yourself based on established facts and reason rather than false ideals that pander to your ego. It isn't a good sign when someone starts saying 'I am everything!' or 'I am eternal and I create reality!' and 'I will never abandon my beliefs!' Such people will never accept new discoveries that might suggest a contradiction against their world view.

If there's anyone afraid of being proved wrong here it is Amaradreamer. Don't be that guy/girl. You could be better than that. A true scientist is never afraid to put his theories to the test knowing there is a chance their wrong. A scientist merely wants to embrace and understand reality. Science seeks truth. :geek:
Last edited by Summerlander on 11 Dec 2017 03:57, edited 2 times in total.
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

tacocatburp

Postby tacocatburp » 11 Dec 2017 03:55

Free will has always been free and each individual is responsible for their own choices. You may use your free will to believe anything you wish.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2017 04:04

It's not about belief in my case, my friend. It's about being sceptical of people who claim to have subjectively received 'revelations'. And it's about discerning what's really true as far as we can tell. It's not about dogmas, it's about being prepared to undergo a paradigm shift if an aspect of reality presents a questionable picture. 8-)

If you had been born in Saudi Arabia you might have been a Wahhabi. :mrgreen:

You don't pick your genome, your gender, your race, your upbringing, and who you meet in life. You form memories and concepts based on what you are exposed to. You deal with the card your given and you aim to make the best of it within the rules of the game which you did not write. Your aim is the instinct for survival and preservation because you have no choice.

No free will can be found in all the facts I've stated. Only predetermined will. This isn't free will. Check out my link about free will above. Honestly ... :roll:

If your PC or phone crashed before my first post here you wouldn't have the choice to engage me in conversation. It wouldn't be available to you. You are merely reacting to your environment based on your urges (which originate in the brain that you do not control).

Try meditation and you'll see that thoughts will tend to come to you unsummoned. Focus on the breath and you'll see how your mind will tend to deviate from what you set out to do. Suddenly you find yourself chasing narratives and may wake up to realise that you should be focusing on the breath. You are not really in charge; the world is. And when your focus improves, it doesn't mean it's free will either, but merely an acquired habitual behaviour which differs slightly from your mindless default mode.

Practise mindfulness. :idea:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 11 Dec 2017 05:08

AmaraDreamer wrote:
And there are full confirmations even in the knowledge sphere on this, and anomalies go beyond that and it would be delusional of me to not hold to the truth that I've discovered. It's like denying that the Moon orbits Earth.

Gravity is what causes the moon to orbit around the earth and the earth orbit around the sun.
Many people know not to argue about religion in public, because it starts fights. I really rather not fight about it either.

This is more evidence of matter, the brain, generating and influencing the mind. We don't pick our urges either, such as the urge to go for a #@[email protected] at an inappropriate time---like in the middle of an important business presentation.

And I am sure you couldn't resist the urge to do this in "certain places" or on certain people's graves. So how many times have you taken a @#[email protected] or even whizzed on certain people's graves?
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

AmaraDreamer

Postby AmaraDreamer » 11 Dec 2017 09:20

Summerlander wrote:It's not about belief in my case, my friend. It's about being sceptical of people who claim to have subjectively received 'revelations'. And it's about discerning what's really true as far as we can tell. It's not about dogmas, it's about being prepared to undergo a paradigm shift if an aspect of reality presents a questionable picture. 8-)

"Discerning what's really true" - I understand about this problem. And for that matter, conscioussness with developed awareness is able to directly distinguish true experiences from illusory. You can't know what is going on in person's mind, so it's understandable that you doubt. But that doesn't disprove these people's experiences. Because they know that these experiences are the truth. For them, it is knowledge, for you, it is not. That is what I call untransferable.

Summerlander wrote:We don't pick what we like and dislike just as we don't pick our moods---or we'd simply switch to being happy all the time (which clearly isn't the case).

This is more evidence of matter, the brain, generating and influencing the mind. We don't pick our urges either, such as the urge to go for a shit at an inappropriate time---like in the middle of an important business presentation. :twisted:

You sir, are mistaking determinism for fatalism. Two different things. In a world of cause-and-effect, the concept of free will is absurd. Check out Benjamin et al experiments where relevant cortical areas of the brain activate way before a person becomes aware of having apparently decided to move a limb. The unconscious cogwheels move first before the action reaches consciousness---the witness that tends to claim authorship for everything that happens in it! Here ... have a gander and open your eyes:

Brain generates mind, but not conscioussness. In this civilization, most people are acting upon the guidance of the mind which is generated by the brain and that's why only limitedly use their free will. The scientist who did the experiments himself said that they don't refute free will. What should be is that mind is used as a tool and person doesn't succumb to its urges.

Summerlander wrote:Try meditation and you'll see that thoughts will tend to come to you unsummoned. Focus on the breath and you'll see how your mind will tend to deviate from what you set out to do. Suddenly you find yourself chasing narratives and may wake up to realise that you should be focusing on the breath. You are not really in charge; the world is. And when your focus improves, it doesn't mean it's free will either, but merely an acquired habitual behaviour which differs slightly from your mindless default mode.

Practise mindfulness. :idea:

Mindfullness basically allows people to get control over their mind. It deviates, but then it gets under control. Free will does it. I would advice to continue practicing it and try to find something indescribable within the silence. And use that desire for new knowledge to not trivialize it but try to view that from neutral viewpoint. Maybe you may achieve breakthrough and paradigm shift. A still mind is able to detach from existing worldview and see the truth.

Summerlander wrote:If there's anyone afraid of being proved wrong here it is Amaradreamer. Don't be that guy/girl. You could be better than that. A true scientist is never afraid to put his theories to the test knowing there is a chance their wrong. A scientist merely wants to embrace and understand reality. Science seeks truth. :geek:

I am not afraid of that, because I am right in my core beliefs. Some parts of my belief may be proven wrong though, but the core about primarity of conscioussness is for sure the absolute truth. Scientific method is not the only method of getting knowledge but it's certainly one of the most powerful. Sometimes there could be observations which are not reproducible. My theories so far haven't been proven wrong, they only work for my development and has been confirmed many times genuinely without bias.

So I suggest you to listen to the silence when you practice mindfullness, there is a chance you may find something there. I thank you for the conversation, it made me improve my beliefs. Good luck.

AmaraDreamer

Postby AmaraDreamer » 11 Dec 2017 17:59

Max Planck received the Nobel Prize in 1918 for his discovery of quantum theory. He believed that a scientist is a man of imagination and faith, by “faith” he implied “a working hypothesis”.

In 1931 he said ,”I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”

He said in 1944:

“As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter.”

===================

If you think this is taken out of context, you are deluded. You can have your own opinion, but accept that scientists can be idealists and people can think that science doesn't postulate materialism. You may think it derives from that, but there are prominent scientists who think otherwise so don't use derogatory terms to anyone who disagrees with materialism.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 11 Dec 2017 18:23

No, you are deluded.

Even Benjamin Libet's veto has not substantiated free will in any way and that has been explained by hard determinists. Free will is an incoherent concept. It cannot be.

Honestly, check out the link I provided. Consciousness does not produce actions, it is merely a witness that may be on or off depending on brain wave states. This is the reason why sleepwalkers in delta can carry out mundane actions in unconsciousness.

If you hit your head hard enough, you might just become unconscious. Consciousness depends on a working brain. Matter comes first.

You are afraid of the most plausible alternative and dogmatically stick your fantasies. There is nothing left to say here when you persist in ignorance. You'll never learn when death stares you in the face and you insist that you are eternal.

An intelligent mind behind evolution's haphazard work. A universe that is mostly deadly to life? Some intelligent design ... Do me a favour ... :lol:

Bye! :mrgreen:

- Padmasambhava

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Dec 2017 01:38

24/7/365 wrote:I heard that Max his put in finger in a light socket 1and had a vision that he was on a Plank and looked down and saw his penis and came up with the theory of the Infinity small. Later upon telling his wife she agreed and now future generations of Maxies are cursed with Max's reality.

If there are any ladies on this thread, What ya think, Does size matter? What about the size of the mind in conjunction with the size of the second head?

:lol: :lol:

:D

Hey (hey)
I'm your life
I'm the one who takes you there
I'm your dream, make you real
I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away
You're my cover, my shelter
You're my mask
You're the one who's blamed
I'm your truth, telling lies
I'm your reason, alibis
I'm inside, open your eyes
I'm you
I'm your dream
I'm your eyes
I'm your pain
You know it's sad but true

YEAH!
METALLICA RULES! :mrgreen:

Randomness is erroneously equated with free will, Amaradreamer. If our moves were randomn and not determined, we'd be posting gibberish right now because coherent communication would not constrict us. But we wouldn't be making sense either! You are bound by language and social rules---factors that you never picked. Your will is moved by urges---the product of physical cause-and-effect---and therefore it is not free.

- Padmasambhava

AmaraDreamer

Postby AmaraDreamer » 12 Dec 2017 07:39

There is no randomness. Only free will and chaotic pseudorandomness with free will as the source.

Summerlander wrote:You are afraid of the most plausible alternative and dogmatically stick your fantasies. There is nothing left to say here when you persist in ignorance.

Characterises you. And I just can see the Truth which you're unable to perceive because of ignorance. There could not be any alternative, it's not dogmatism, it's adhering to sources of knowledge which are superior to anything you've learned to see. You're the one with dogmas here, and in denial, confusing illusion (matter) and reality (conscioussness). Try listening silence in mindfullness, as I've already adviced. Maybe you would see the Truth. Even if you fail, prepare to have your mind blown. Mass enlightment is coming. I'll go.

Return to “Paranormal Activity”