Connect with another being in a dream

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
AmaraDreamer

Re: Connect with another being in a dream

Postby AmaraDreamer » 24 Dec 2017 11:38

"As a man who has devoted his whole life to the most clear headed science, to the study of matter, I can tell you as a result of my research about atoms this much: There is no matter as such. All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter." - Max Planck

Question: how can this be "out of context"? At least admit that there are scientists who are idealists, or you're just sounding rejecting facts.

Summerlander

Re: Connect with another being in a dream

Postby Summerlander » 24 Dec 2017 21:26

There are a million things that Freud said which are wrong. Freud was full of shit. :mrgreen:

First of all, scientists are not necessarily language experts---and many do not communicate as well as they could. I'd also append that everybody on Earth is nothing but a mammal searching for answers. I see that you never checked out my links so there is no point talking to a bigot who denies reality. :roll:

Secondly, notice the oxymoron in the quote you posted. First it states that there is 'no matter as such'. Suddenly, in the next sentence we are told that matter exists ... :D

It is true that matter originates from something else, and that something cannot be matter. Logic! Duh. But the forces responsible are not something spiritual or of a ghostly essence. They are still physical. Remember, physics isn't just about materials---it's also about interactions and forces. Hence the reason why the term physicalism tends to be favoured over materialism.

Anything that interacts with---and produces effects in---this reality is 'physical' by definition. A soul could never manipulate a physical body because it is 'non-physical'. The Large Hadron Collider has already proved that ghosts do not exist. :ugeek:

Water also originates from H2O molecules---and I assure you those molecules are not wet! The wetness of water is an emergent property and more to do with how we perceive it than anything else. The forces responsible for matter are not necessarily supernatural, by the way. In fact, they are quite natural, predictable and behave as expected.

Quick request/test for Amaradreamer: I'd love it if you could define 'matter' for me. Subsequently, define 'force' ... :mrgreen:

I've mentioned before that Newton thought God took care of the rest that he did not understand about astrophysics. This belief was quickly abolished when Laplace's refined equations arrived at the scene ...

Planck is merely the originator of quantum theory. The theory has developed since and the old man's stance on the nature of reality has long become obsolete. Planck was another one who jumped the gun in assuming there was something intelligent behind the roots of reality.

A lot of scientists throughout history were tempted to employ the 'God of the gaps'. That's merely human beings jumping the gun until someone makes a discovery and God is no longer responsible for a particular feature of reality. 8-)

Planck was just a man, Amaradreamer. Not a prophet or messiah. Prophets don't exist. Take it from me. :roll:

After his son was killed by the Nazis, Planck wrote to his friend Anton Kippenberg, saying:

'If there is consolation anywhere it is in the Eternal, and I consider it a grace of Heaven that belief in the Eternal has been rooted deeply in me since childhood.'

Yep. Only human. Brainwashed since birth. Willing to believe in things---without evidence---with the sole purpose of consoling himself. Can you see the psychology behind it? He wasn't speaking to his friend as a scientist. He spoke as a broken father, a weak man who could not bear the harsh realities of life and chose, for that time being, to delude himself with fairytales. It is sort of what you do ... :o

Seen as Planck was a member of the Lutheran Church, I wouldn't put it past him to say something as ludicrous as the quote you posted just to appease his religious family and friends. A lot of scientific individuals do that. They say one thing to the laymen and another to their colleagues. Why? Because they often want to keep both social circles. Why do people lie? To get ahead; to make others feel better; to hide the truth from others or to deny it to themselves. The reasons may also be political. One thing is for sure: we can't be gullible enough to take every claim at face value---even if the claimant has already acquired a certain level of repute for past achievements.

You failed to mention the fact that he retracted such pious statements in his latter years with contradictions emphasising the importance of getting rid of the belief in miracles and, shortly before he died, the affirmation that he did not believe in a personal god much less the Biblical one.

I smell spuriousness here ... :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”