Cool voice I heard during sleep paralysis

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
LDer Charles

Cool voice I heard during sleep paralysis

Postby LDer Charles » 03 Feb 2018 19:51

Sometimes after a lucid dream or a lucid dream chain I will wake up and sleep paralysis and then have some sort of auditory hallucination and this time I had woken up from a pretty simple lucid dream where I started hearing this really raspy voice saying scissorhands kills me over and over and at first I felt scared but I just tried to relax and it must have said it maybe 20 times and the last thing it said was please please free me and then it sort of ended and I know this was related to Childhood trauma that I am in the process of healing from or at least that's what I think

The cool part about it was that the voice was expressing something scary but once I just chose to listen to it openly without fear or judgment it turned out to be very vulnerable and it was maybe a trapped emotion that was asking to be freed
Here is a link to my dream journal if you want to know what I am up to in the dream world! :)
https://www.dreamviews.com/blogs/charles3/

jasmine2

Re: Cool voice I heard during sleep paralysis

Postby jasmine2 » 06 Feb 2018 02:26

LDer Charles,
I'm glad that you feel like you are in the process of healing from childhood trauma.

It's interesting that, when you heard the scary voice during sleep paralysis, it changed to a vulnerable voice, "like a trapped emotion asking to be freed", when you decided to "listen openly without fear or judgement."

Here are some interesting resources which include descriptions about working with inner voices for people with schizophrenia, and other mental health problems.

- YouTube - "The Voices In My Head - Eleanor Longden"
(For some reason, I recently can only play YouTube videos using Mozilla Foxfire browser, not Google.)

- Article - "Evolution of the Internal Family Systems Model" by Richard Schwartz, Ph.D. - selfleadership.org
- Internal Family Systems

Also, this is a very helpful website -
- Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com
On Home page - click "Guided Imagery 101"

In Products (audio CDs and MP3s) - I recommend -
- "Stress Relief"
- "Healthful Sleep"
- "Treatment of PTSD"
Click on - "audio sample"
I like the recordings by Belleruth Naparstek best.

Also see - Blog

Also - YouTube - video series - PTSD by Belleruth Naparstek

Return to “Paranormal Activity”