Hello, I would love some insight

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
littlesparrow

Hello, I would love some insight

Postby littlesparrow » 27 Apr 2018 16:05

I have no education about dreams so I apologize if I don’t use the right terms. I don’t have a lot of time for reading right now but if anyone has any knowledge to share with me I would appreciate. :)
The earliest vivid dreams and nightmares I can remember started at 5 years old (I do have memories before this, but not of dreams.) My mother and maternal grandmother have occasional vivid and psychic dreams and nightmares. My only psychic dreams have been about pregnancies/babies (myself, friends and family) and random snapshots that don’t seem to mean much. I have had psychic visions and intuitive feelings in the day but I don’t control them; I also don’t try because of my religion. I score as INFJ. My son is 5 and it is a struggle because his intuition is so strong that I have to be careful what I think of when I’m around him- he verbalizes thoughts that I’ve never said aloud. He also has spoken to “ghosts” and “monsters” (his words) that I didn’t see. He sees sparkly colored lights that fall from the ceiling or sky and catch on things and in my hair (day and night; the pediatrician said this is not a symptom of anything and not to worry). The third time we shared a dream was last night- they are childlike so I believe I am just experiencing his. I have had sleep paralysis many times and the beginning of OBE’s a handful of times but I don’t want them so I fight out of them. I have only had sleep paralysis while falling asleep except once recently while leaving a nightmare- for a moment there was an overlap and the “bad guys” in my nightmare were standing in my room as I was blinking rapidly but frozen trying to wake myself fully. I do have nightmares frequently and have since I was 5, but now I can make conscious decisions and usually either wake myself up, or turn into a bird and hide in a tree etc. Sometimes they feel like they are hours long with very intricate storylines. I went to a sleep clinic ten years ago when the sleep paralysis started and they said I had something similar to narcolepsy with extra REM but they didn’t diagnose me. I think that’s the gist of it.

lucidé

Re: Hello, I would love some insight

Postby lucidé » 28 Apr 2018 08:36

I am also an INFJ as well.
Those feelings are deja vu. I've sometimes had thoughts about something as well, and had it drift.
Dreams that happen in the future, present, or past? They can all happen, although through my eyes, they are luck based. You and your family are probably just extremely lucky.
I have a few issues with "mutual dreaming" existing, but if you and your son were fully able to control your dreams and willed yourself to have similar dreams, it is very possible you 2 could have dream meshed, or matched dream symbols. I used to attempt dream meshing all the time with a group of friends and succeeded many times.
Ghosts and monsters? I am really unsure if those things exist, possibly as imaginary friends. That disabled kid was talking to an imaginary friend on his field trip at the exact same time I was having a WILD where I was talking to him and was invisible to everyone else.
Sleep Paralysis is the beginning of a WILD, so you want to let it happen. Lucid dreams are so much fun. If you can train yourself to not be afraid and let yourself phase into a lucid dream during the SP, becoming aware of the dream, once you learn the awareness, then when it comes to the controls, after a while you end up not wanting to wake up from your lucid dream.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Paranormal Activity”