Possible mutual dream?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

Possible mutual dream?

Postby dreamerinmiami » 19 Oct 2012 21:14

I read a book on lucid dreaming that talked about mutual dreaming. I kept thinking how cool it was for a couple of days. One night i had a dream about playing video games with my brother. We were playing call of duty. (We share a room btw) When i woke up to write it in my journal I told him about my dream. To my amazement he said he had the same dream that night that we were playing call of duty. Possible mutual dream or just coincidence idk.....
What is your definition of reality?

in_wonderland

Re: Possible mutual dream?

Postby in_wonderland » 23 Oct 2012 23:52

My guess is coincidence, kind of. You and your brother probably have very similar personalities, so your dreams might be similar. Also, if playing call of duty is an activity that you guys do together often, there is a bigger chance it will show up in your dreams! Sometimes me and my close friends have similar dreams if we both have the same thing on our mind or if we did the same thing that day. My best friends/ family always show up in my dreams the most, so it makes sense that your brother would show up in your dreams a lot and vice versa. Even though it may not be an actual "mutual dream" it is still really cool that your brother and your subconscious is similar enough to create the same dream!

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 11 Nov 2012 23:02

thanks for your reply! :D .. yes your probably right just coincidence. and that its very cool that our subconscious created roughly the same dream.
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2012 00:16

You both share a room, and similar DNA and psyche, and probably both played the game the previous day too.

I would say it is no surprise that you both shared a similar dream.

Sometimes when I am lucid I will be with one of my brothers and it truly feels like I am sharing a dream with them, but after I awaken and remember that they don't lucid dream, I realize it was all in my head... albeit very vivid and imaginative head.

I think it is possible though, however, there would have to be an electronic, external device to link the two of you together somehow. If anyone says that is impossible I remind them that some would have thought the television or telephone where impossible at one time too!
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”