Hey

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Strontium

Hey

Postby Strontium » 26 Nov 2013 00:23

Hey! My name is Strontium, and I'm a new user. I was talking with my sister the other day, and she said "you know, there is probably a forum out there for lucid dreaming," and I said "really?" and it turns out there is!

Although my vivid dreams make me unique among my friends and family they are probably a pretty common trait here, but I will attest that my dreams are very vivid and complex. I've had dreams about my friends turning into cats to avoid Canadian law; being invited to a Halloween short-story telling party at YA author John Green's house; traveling across the land as an apatosaurs on the way to prehistoric Florida; running into my high school band while I was a ghost; being trapped in the past and living out my whole life with an old couple, and so on.

I also have lucid dreamed a few times (probably more than 10 times). I don't actively try to set up a lucid dream, but I seize the opportunity when it comes. I've trained myself to be able to shoot fireballs in my lucid dreams out of my hands. I can also fly/float and pass through walls and floors.

I actually have some lucid dream theory questions related to the fireballs thing, and I thought this would be a cool place to get my questions answered.
Thanks for reading!

tea

Re: Hey

Postby tea » 27 Nov 2013 16:41

hi there!

you have dreamt about being at john green's house? haha awesome, did you meet him there?

also, congrats on your LD-success so far! what are your thoughts/questions about the fireballs?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Strontium

Postby Strontium » 28 Nov 2013 03:01

tea wrote:hi there!

you have dreamt about being at john green's house? haha awesome, did you meet him there?

also, congrats on your LD-success so far! what are your thoughts/questions about the fireballs?

Hi!

Yeah I got to meet him! He even gave me a congratulations on the stories I told/performed at the party. He said, "It was really impressive for a 15 year old," and I didn't have time to correct him and tell him I'm 19 (and a week away from being 20)

My question is... I have a hunch that lucid dreamers have an element they dream about controlling. Specifically one of the "four elements" or classical elements of fire, water, earth and air. So, I dreamed about controlling fire by conjuring fireballs. I had a friend who told me in her first lucid dream, she tried to cause water gallons in the supermarket to explode. I wanted to see if that was true or not, or just my hokey hunch. *shrugs*

R99

Postby R99 » 28 Nov 2013 17:31

hmmm.. element eh???? never tried it b4 , but i have powers of mind control. i dont need to touch or reach out for anything in LD. if i want it, and if i concentrate it will comes to me, like Jean Grey in X-men. :D and ur question gave me another idea. will try it in next LD. And also, welcome to the group..
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

tea

Postby tea » 04 Dec 2013 21:03

cool! next time you meet him in a dream, tell him DFTBA!

i've never heard about that element thing either... at least not that lucid dreamers tend to have a specific one...
still, i didn't see any questions there - did you just want to know if it's a thing and/or what our experiences with elements are?
☺ nice, you are a curious one! come, follow me into the rabbit hole if you want to: http://lost-and-fun.tumblr. com/

Return to “Introduce Yourself”