Evaluate my 'dream plan'?

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Jimjule

Evaluate my 'dream plan'?

Postby Jimjule » 06 Oct 2014 17:20

Hey, I'm new and have just introduced myself (I'm Jules).
I'm hoping a few of you would have a look at my plan to LD so far and offer advice and criticism, it'd all be appreciated!

I've looked into lucid dreaming before, and still keep a dream journal, but have just started making a habit of reality checks and will look into music to meditate to (any suggestions welcome).

1. Reality checks
So right now I check by counting my fingers a few times, try to pass my fingers through my hand, try to influence things when I click, and try to conjure a door. I'm going to do these checks whenever I 'wake up' and whenever I remember to, and I test my light-switch when I enter or leave my room.

2. Method
I'm trying to make vivid dreams by waking myself after 5-6 hours of sleep then sleeping again (often works), and will try to sleep with a scene in mind (at the moment, it's a small lake with a dock, on a floating island), hopefully I'll become partly lucid then.

3. In the dream
This is the part I've never gotten past, I occasionally realise I'm dreaming and try to do something quickly so I don't forget. Nothing triggers the realisation, I just seem to go 'Oh, I'm dreaming!' and try to fly.
I never manage to fly, and quickly lose control or wake up.
It happened last night, and because I've been reading up, I tried instead to increase my consciousness by shouting for everything to become sharper, but nothing happened and I lost control.
I'd like to know what's your most successful method/thought for making yourself conscious and in control (I've read that you can look at your hand for a bit, will try that).

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

R99

Re: Evaluate my 'dream plan'?

Postby R99 » 07 Oct 2014 19:38

the method are ok, but the problem is in ur mental state while u r in a dream. dont bother about forgetting anything just be calm and look around while stabilizing dream. dont stare too much. U r beginner so dont get frustrated, its a new trick to ur mind , it need to some getting used to. B4 having a lucid dream u need some planning to do. come up with what r u going to do in next LD. then, when u get lucid dont wander off, stabilize it first,rub ur both hands, try to be calm as possible while chanting "this is a dream" ... am sure u will be able to get a vivid dream scene after this. and then carry on ur Lucid goal.

gud luck mate...
"A curious mind cannot be afraid of Unknown. It searches for the answers untill the end of time."

Jimjule

Re: Evaluate my 'dream plan'?

Postby Jimjule » 08 Oct 2014 15:51

Thanks very much for your reply, that sounds like a good plan! So I'll plan my dreams and how to react when I'm partially lucid.

Return to “For Beginners”