Inter Activity Reality Change (IARC) Experiments

For those who wish to discuss the purely scientific aspects of sleep and dreams, including new research and future technologies.
buildit

Re: Inter Activity Reality Change (IARC) Experiments

Postby buildit » 01 Nov 2014 22:57

11-1-14 45 min, elliptical level 5, 635 cal
-After a week of missing the gym because of work today was painful. But I did succeed at mentally distraction for 25 min.
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

buildit

Postby buildit » 04 Nov 2014 05:40

11/3 stationary bike, 30 min, level 14, 365 calories. very busy evening at the gym and had a hard time distracting myself from the activities around me. :(
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

buildit

Postby buildit » 07 Nov 2014 00:02

11-6 -45 min, Elliptical setting 4, level 5, 600 calories. Thought I was going to have a good IARC and maybe for the first 5 minutes I did but I was unable to maintain it.

buildit

Postby buildit » 10 Nov 2014 01:57

11-9-14 350 calories on the stationary bike level 14, 30 min.

buildit

Postby buildit » 11 Nov 2014 22:13

11-11-14 Elliptical for 45 min, 575 calories level 5. No gaps in reality during the workout.

Peter

Postby Peter » 11 Nov 2014 23:21

how are you trying to distract yourself to create these gaps
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 11 Nov 2014 23:45

Peter wrote:how are you trying to distract yourself to create these gaps

Good question. Normally I just try to either stare into space or close my eyes and let my mind wander. It's hard for me since I need to keep up my rate of working out to remain effective. Currently I have been working on a runners high sort of theory but am not having much success.

Peter

Postby Peter » 12 Nov 2014 07:38

The distraction is a hard one, I can be riding up a hill on my bike going quite hard and my cell will go. I will answer it and keep riding hard and after the call is done a lot of the time have no real recall of the ride for the last few minutes.
It intrigues me that I can get lost for a bit with that distraction but cant replicate this when I am suffering in a race when I need it the most.

Have you tried to focus on some part of your body as it comes to awareness, like what I call a body scan when going for a WILD.
try to clear your mind and then roam around your body for a sensation and then see if it can become the total focus. I imagine a spot as being trillions of cells all doing something and giving of energy (light) and have got lucid a few times with this light focus.

Just a thought
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

buildit

Postby buildit » 17 Nov 2014 07:39

Peter wrote:The distraction is a hard one, I can be riding up a hill on my bike going quite hard and my cell will go. I will answer it and keep riding hard and after the call is done a lot of the time have no real recall of the ride for the last few minutes.
It intrigues me that I can get lost for a bit with that distraction but cant replicate this when I am suffering in a race when I need it the most.

Have you tried to focus on some part of your body as it comes to awareness, like what I call a body scan when going for a WILD.
try to clear your mind and then roam around your body for a sensation and then see if it can become the total focus. I imagine a spot as being trillions of cells all doing something and giving of energy (light) and have got lucid a few times with this light focus.

Just a thought

Yes, I'm just wildly grasping at mental images as I can produce them and trying to keep the distraction going as I push my body. If I can I'll just close my eyes and avoid the distractions of people moving around me or the wall of TV's they have set up front. Even tried looking at the reflection in my propel water bottle. I was surprised how much definition I could get by really concentrating on it for a while.

No success again today elliptical 45 min, level 5, 605calories.

buildit

Postby buildit » 21 Nov 2014 22:15

11-21-14 Elliptical, 30 min, level 6, 405 calories avg of 140BPM. Sporadic moments of distraction but just didn't feel into it today. Work out schedule has been disrupted too many time recently I think with family, work, holiday events and all. May take a break from reporting till I can refocus efforts again.

Return to “Dream Science”