nesgirl and Summerlander

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
HAGART

Re: nesgirl and Summerlander

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2015 06:57

If DeschainXIX and Summerlander are walking encyclopedias, I'm a walking Mad Magazine. :lol:

I just did it again and can't help it! I just called them 'know-it-alls', but I have a rapport with them and know I can razz them because we're friends. I poke fun of people I trust and know, and if I'm not making fun of anyone it's because we don't know each other well enough.

Jack Reacher joined the fray and I haven't made any rude, crude, or lewd remarks about him. He must be jealous. ;)
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 25 Jan 2015 14:45

Hagart!!

Please, take your best shot. I'm really jealous.. :P
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2015 18:33

Your picture is now what the true Kevin Spacey looks like without his make-up.

Desert exploring is a waste of time. You must have a sand collection at home, labeled and mounted on your walls like little trophies you're so proud of. This is what you must sound like: "I found this grain of sand in the Gobi Desert. It was so difficult to find and I had to fight off a hoard of Mongolian barbarians to bring it back safely in one piece. Notice the beauty and intricate details compared to this one I found on a Jersey Shore beach. Get in close and you can see the--- Oops! I dropped it on the carpet. Dang! Now I'll never find it. Is this it? No, it's just a bread crumb. Mom, get out of my room with that vacuum cleaner! NOOOOOOO!"

I'd rather be a dessert explorer myself. I'd dig through the layers of a cake like an archaeologist, finding nutty fossil remnants buried in the tar pits of ganache.

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 25 Jan 2015 20:25

:lol: It's nice having a comedian on the thread. Comedic competence, in my opinion, is one of the highest forms of intelligence (whatever intelligence is).

I feel like Summerlander's and my roasting was more of a complement than an insult. Not that I'm complaining! :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 25 Jan 2015 20:42

I can poke fun of myself too. My name is HAGART because I like to draw lousy pictures of old hags. I call it, "Hag Art". To the right is a portrait of my mother-in-law---------------->

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 25 Jan 2015 21:57

I only just now realized that you drew those pictures in your avatars (never noticed your signature on the picture!). Nice!

Am I the only one who detects the pervasive irony of DesertExplorer's quote? :lol: It's delightfully poetic, but, like most poetry, it's abstractedly meaningless--no doubt science has saved incomprehensibly more lives than art. In fact, our species is alive today because of science! I can't think of a way in which art has saved lives aside from serving as a sort of maintenance tool for our sanity and a platform for meaning and beauty. But I think science does that too (debatably more reliably) via drugs and other means of artificial neurological manipulation. :D
Well said.

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 25 Jan 2015 23:52

HAGART wrote:Desert exploring is a waste of time. You must have a sand collection at home, labeled and mounted on your walls like little trophies you're so proud of. This is what you must sound like: "I found this grain of sand in the Gobi Desert. It was so difficult to find and I had to fight off a hoard of Mongolian barbarians to bring it back safely in one piece. Notice the beauty and intricate details compared to this one I found on a Jersey Shore beach. Get in close and you can see the--- Oops! I dropped it on the carpet. Dang! Now I'll never find it. Is this it? No, it's just a bread crumb. Mom, get out of my room with that vacuum cleaner! NOOOOOOO!

God damn it!! I laughed so much at that. It's the first time that someone makes fun of me and not I only accept it, I find it delightful.

This is rare for sure. You are a true artist, Hagart. People around you must be laughing all the time.
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 26 Jan 2015 00:00

deschainXIX wrote:Am I the only one who detects the pervasive irony of DesertExplorer's quote? :lol: It's delightfully poetic, but, like most poetry, it's abstractedly meaningless--no doubt science has saved incomprehensibly more lives than art. In fact, our species is alive today because of science! I can't think of a way in which art has saved lives aside from serving as a sort of maintenance tool for our sanity and a platform for meaning and beauty. But I think science does that too (debatably more reliably) via drugs and other means of artificial neurological manipulation. :D

No, no.. you got it all wrong. First and foremost, poetry is not meaningless. In fact it can have an infinite number of meanings. You just haven't thought enough of it. Second, I hear you, but it's not so linear as you portrayed. I could give you my own understanding for that, but I want you to maintain a clear mind and give a shot at taking a good look at Blake's work. But if you're not interested anyway, just ask me and I will tell you about my own opinion on this.

P.S. Via drugs? I thought that are own nature has plants that can do that. I cannot think of any of these plants to have been elaborated.

- Jesus Christ

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 26 Jan 2015 01:06

Designer drugs like Ecstasy and Crystal Meth are made in a lab. That's science's handywork.

The word, 'death', in the quote is in question. What did William Blake mean and why did he use that word choice?

(And oh yea, I don't often get replies from my jokes on this forum so it's not like talking face to face or with a live Instant Messaging chat where you get immediate feedback. Knowing I made one person laugh makes it worth while. Even if I don't get a response, I still like to do it from time to time because it makes myself laugh, so that's why I do it. If I were a chef, I wouldn't serve food I wouldn't want to eat, so it's the same with comedy.)

And as for my avatar picture... nobody has noticed yet, but watch it for a minute, and you'll think your mind is playing tricks on you! ;)

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 26 Jan 2015 01:25

Hey, a few days back I was reading a comment of yours and I thought something moved on your avatar. I stared at it for some seconds and then I quitted. Now, when I ended reading your post I did manage to see it clearly that something was moving and then I stared for longer but nothing moved again. :shock: :shock: :shock:

- Jesus Christ

Return to “Off-Topic”