bit scared.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
sapphireravens

bit scared.

Postby sapphireravens » 19 Mar 2015 00:40

Okay I have been a lucid dreamer since I was 2 and this problem seemed natural to me but now it's really bugging me. The way I control dreams is through characters I create, currently the character is angella which is someone with an insanely confusing back story. but that's not the problem. The problem is that I now have a strange mental and almost physical connection to her. as in if she feel sad, I'll be sad. If she get's stabbed, I'll be able to feel it. and I think it's cool to be able to go in dreams to an extent were it feels like I'm in it. But now sometimes it has caused mental and physical problems, like muscle aches and in general head aches. so I'm not sure what to do... suggestions.

jasmine2

Re: bit scared.

Postby jasmine2 » 20 Mar 2015 03:54

It sounds to me like you have had a lot of experience with lucid dreams over the years. You say that the main way you control your dreams is through the characters you create. This may be a very interesting way to experience lucid dreams, however, you seem to feel like you've gotten too closely entangled in your identification with the dream character, Angella.

Perhaps some aspects of Angella's dream personality reflect parts of your own thought patterns and emotions, or aspects of interpersonal relationships in your past or present life, which are challenging or disruptive in some way.

Maybe you should try to take a break from concentrating so exclusively on "controlling" other dream characters, and be more willing to explore a wider variety of dream experiences. Have you tried many different ways to fly? Allow more opportunities for your creative unconscious mind to be free to conjure up differnt environments, or anything it wants to do, unscripted by you, then you decide how to react.

You could imagine feeling more open to unexpected happenings in dreams -- unusual objects, animals, events, sensations, visions, voices, or other dream phenomena.

I suggest 2 books -
-"Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self" by Robert Waggoner

- "Creative Dreaming" by Patricia Garfield.

Also, before you go to sleep, you could imagine sending a request to the deep, wise awareness behind the dreaming to, "Please show me what I need to know, at this time in my life."

- Best wishes - jasmine2

sapphireravens

Re: bit scared.

Postby sapphireravens » 20 Mar 2015 04:12

the only thing is I control the character to full extent, mainly because we share a mind. in a way. and my problem is not that of losing control, but of having my dream carry over to IRL. and more or less at the recent my mind showed a relevant future for if the character ever existed, it's both good and bad.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”