My First lucid dream experience-seeing my dead grandparents

Discuss paranormal activity linked with sleep and dreams, such as out of body experiences, astral projection and psychic dreams.
dubwise6

My First lucid dream experience-seeing my dead grandparents

Postby dubwise6 » 11 Apr 2015 20:50

Hi guys, Just signed up to the site so i could share my lucid dream experience with you.
It happened about 6 years ago. I fell asleep on the sofa and woke up ( in the same position i had fallen asleep) and felt a strong urge to walk into my kitchen. As i turned the corner i saw my deceased grandparents standing there next to each other. I didn't feel alarmed or distressed at all. I had never seen my grandfather in person, just pictures as he died a year before i was born, my nan died when i was about 8 or 9 and looked as i had remembered her. They spoke to me briefly and told me that i needed to be strong, but that they had a suprise for me, at that second from behind them my dog, who passed away a month or so before, appeared and ran up to me, i crouched down to stroke her and started to cry with happiness of being re united with her ( i missed her terribly) at this point i awoke from my dream with tears in my eyes. A month later my dad passed away , and a year after that my mother also died.
I have never had a dream like this before and still havn't to this day, usually my dreams make no sense and i have difficulty remembering them but i remember the details of this dream very clearly and it seemed more real than anything i had ever dreamed before.
I have since read online that deceased relatives in dreams can warn of future troubles and loss, which seems to make sense, but i felt i had to share my story, and see if anyone has had any similar experience.

Summerlander

Re: My First lucid dream experience-seeing my dead grandpare

Postby Summerlander » 11 Apr 2015 22:09

Based on everything we have gathered from neuroscience, there are good reasons to believe that we become unconscious once our brains conk out for good. But this is not an absolute certainty, of course.

Scientific observations strengthen the notion that matter arranged in complex ways, such as the human brain, can beget consciousness--that this one is a byproduct of matter-- and that at some point in evolution complex cerebral mechanisms permitted the organism to become aware of itself.

But how consciousness arises is still a mystery, hence allowing the afterlife hypothesis to survive. Your dream certainly sounds quite profound and compelling towards the notion that your grandparents and your pet have a continued existence--thus lending credit to the idea that consciousness somehow survives physical death and can exist independently.

But, are things really as they seem?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

dubwise6

Postby dubwise6 » 11 Apr 2015 22:53

Thanks for your reply :) Apart from how real the dream seemed and the weird details surrounding it (i never dreamt or even thought of my grandparents at that time Consciously much at all since i was a kid) the thing that made me question it more seriously was the events that took place after regarding my parents death. They had both been ill but the fact that they could die so soon was never really a concern, my mothers cancer had been gone nearly 5 years, and my dad was elderly but both deaths were somewhat sudden and unexpected, so alot of coincidence that i had this 'warning' out of the blue a month before. Infact things in my personal life were great (minus the death of my dog ) until this dream and then i experienced this hard period of my life.
I believe in an after life but dont see how the future could be predicted like that, it could all just be a coincidence, but the timing did make me think that there may be more to it.

taniaaust1

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Apr 2015 15:14

Great experience, I too would be wondering if that was only a normal dream or not. That warning and boost to stay strong is the kind of thing many have experienced who believe in these kinds of warnings.

I too have had a couple of strange experiences with deceased loved ones. I'll share mine.

1/ A few days after his death I had an astral experience where my grandfather visited me to say his last goodbye.. interesting the very same night my sister had the same experience as me with him also doing the same to her, telling her too that he'd come to say his last goodbye to her (its the only time since he died either of us experienced him!!).

Coincidence or not?

2/ I had an astral experience where my favourite uncle who died in a tragic accident in his early 20s came and visited me.. something like 10 years after his death. He said he was visiting to see how the whole family was doing and said he couldn't come earlier, he didn't seem aware of all which had occurred since he'd died.

I found this afterwards very interesting when I later read that those who tragically die in accidents very suddenly, take quite a while to get over their deaths so are like out of it for a very long time, unlike a person who dies from something like cancer (which my grandfather had) and hence then are prepared for their deaths so don't spend time traumatised and are as spirits able to come back and see people very soon after death.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting as that tallied with what I later found out.

The weirdest death experience was a mind link in OBE which happened with my aunt when she died. I had no idea at the time she was dying (she'd had leukemia for years and I rarely heard how she was going) but actually found out through experiencing her death with her, though no one had told me it was occurring. I was there in astral in her hospital room with her watching what went on with my family the very moment she died. I also followed her some towards the light, till I got turned back.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 12 Apr 2015 17:38

Well assuming the afterlife hypothesis to be correct, and dismissing coincidence for a second, we can postulate that space-time in this universe means nothing to the deceased. If they stand, as it were, outside the flow of time--past, present, and future are one and the same. This permits them to time-travel and make observations which are impossible for the living. The existential approach means that they are no longer restricted by physical laws seen as they've vacated their physical vessel. In this hypothetical light, premonition and time travel don't seem so far-fetched.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Paranormal Activity”