Why in dreams we can see places we have never seen before?

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
DesertExplorer

Why in dreams we can see places we have never seen before?

Postby DesertExplorer » 07 Jun 2015 00:31

Is there a logical explanation for this? :|
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

Summerlander

Re: Why in dreams we can see places we have never seen befor

Postby Summerlander » 07 Jun 2015 11:52

When you sleep, the soul leaves the body and... just kidding! :mrgreen:

Why are we also able to see giant talking lobsters? Because, with all the sensory data that your brain has accumulated throughout your life, your mind is capable of generating amalgamations -- hence creativity and imagination which can happen on conscious and subconscious levels. 8-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

DesertExplorer

Postby DesertExplorer » 07 Jun 2015 14:58

Summerlander wrote:When you sleep, the soul leaves the body and... just kidding! :mrgreen:

That was the best, man. You made my day!!

Summerlander wrote:Why are we also able to see giant talking lobsters? Because, with all the sensory data that your brain has accumulated throughout your life, your mind is capable of generating amalgamations -- hence creativity and imagination which can happen on conscious and subconscious levels. 8-)

OK, it seems reasonable. I guess..
Anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a little child will never enter it...

- Jesus Christ

deschainXIX

Postby deschainXIX » 07 Jun 2015 22:59

I agree, attributing the apparent originality of dreamscapes to human imagination is unreasonable. Way more likely it's telesthesia or dream sharing. :D

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Well said.

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 08 Jun 2015 00:06

Telesthesia and dream sharing my arse! :-D

I've just farted. It was SBD. Imagine that! There you go, you've just experienced telesthesia. :mrgreen:

"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Off-Topic”