How do you meditate for Lucid Dreaming?

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Kman43759

How do you meditate for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Kman43759 » 16 Aug 2015 02:34

I know there are many different ways to meditate, but how do you meditate so that when you are in a Lucid Dream, your mind is more focused and less likely to drift off into a normal dream

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Journey
http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14621&p=39383#p39383
Dreamers Escape - Kman43759's Lucid Dreaming Forum ( IM NOT TRYING TO TAKE PEOPLE AWAY FROM THIS FORUM!!! I LOVE THIS FORUM)
http://www.dreamersescape.boards.net/

Summerlander

Re: How do you meditate for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby Summerlander » 16 Aug 2015 13:08

Read 'Carpe Somnia Mundi: The Protraction of Lucid Dreams'; I posted the link on my 'Candy-Floss Cloud' report where you commented. You will find there how meditation relates to lucid dreaming. :-)

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

taniaaust1

Re: How do you meditate for Lucid Dreaming?

Postby taniaaust1 » 19 Aug 2015 13:19

If you want to meditate to stop mind drifting off while actually within LDs. In real daily life you could be focusing on meditations in which you practice holding a focus without letting it go.. (just a once a day meditation of this kind for as long as you can hold full focus whether its only just for a few minutes can be good).

eg meditations in which you practice not loosing concentration. eg meditation on a candle flame is probably the most common form of this kind of meditation. Or you could do this meditation while studying anything intently eg a rock, an apple etc (you can do it on different objects to prevent boredom) will do for this.

or if you want to try something different, you could use one of the tattwa symbols to meditate on (and see if anything interesting happens or if you end up feeling different from using those).

or another thing you could do if you have issues with mind drifting in lucid dreams.. is practice increasing your awareness in real life eg practice paying more attention to your real life eg when you walk into a room or whatever, really study it so you are actively using your mind rather then allowing it just to drift in thoughts.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”