"Met" another Lucid Dreamer in dream

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
KaDoop

"Met" another Lucid Dreamer in dream

Postby KaDoop » 12 Sep 2015 02:21

Hey all, first post here.. I've been sorta off and on interested in lucid dreaming for years. When I first discovered it I was enamored, trying to learn all the techniques and stuff, but I sorta fell by the wayside on it for a while. The past year or two however I've been back, and I have a handful of LDs every week (so to any newbies or people struggling, be patient and keep trying.)

Anyway, this morning I had a series of LDs. A few were fairly 'standard,' but then I found myself dreaming of being at some anonymous urban setting outside some tall buildings, which happened to have a branch of the company I work for. Generally in LDs I have a pretty strong bit of control; for instance, I can't directly control DCs but I can sort of nudge their behavior and mindset pretty easily. I ended up in a fairly crowded room with some people I know, and noticed that all of a sudden DCs appearances and activities were changing drastically and quickly. I tried to 'nudge' them back, but I felt a strange presence and looked around. I caught eyes with a man that looked really confused for a second, then just annoyed and he said "Dammit," and walked over to me.

He said something like "thanks for the interruption, I guess we'll have to compromise on who gets to be here when, because I don't like sharing." I was really confused and he said "Don't you get it? I'm another master... controller... like you, I'm another dreamer." The shock of this reveal woke me up, but I fell back asleep shortly thereafter and made a point of 'returning' to the same place.

I was outside walking down the street when I saw him again. This time he seemed slightly less annoyed. "Why'd you come back here?"
"I dunno, I wanted to see if you were... still here."
"First time running into another of us, huh?"
"Uh, yeah..."

"Yeah makes sense. This... 'place' is huge, and there's not too many of us. I'll leave you to have your fun for now," and he walked around the corner and disappeared, and everything went back to standard operating procedure for LDs.

Obviously, this isn't "really" another being that's in the "dream world," (even though there's that tiny bit of me that thinks it could be, or at least wishes it could be!) but I still think it's the most fascinating thing my mind has dreamt up... a being in my own dream with 'powers' equal to my own (or since he seemed more experienced, probably greater) This really, really fascinated me, struck me, and kinda weirded me out. I have a feeling I'm going to be running into this 'character' in the future.

Has anybody else ever had any sort of experience like this? Definitely a first for me in my 10-15 years of lucid dreaming.

taniaaust1

Re: "Met" another Lucid Dreamer in dream

Postby taniaaust1 » 12 Sep 2015 14:36

thanks for sharing. I haven't had any experience like that though once had a shared dream with my daughter. Neither of us though were lucid at the time.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 13 Sep 2015 01:58

KaDoop ... I think you were in my lucid dream! I'm the other guy! :shock:

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

RealityCheck

Postby RealityCheck » 14 Sep 2015 14:12

That sounds really cool haha :lol: I rarely have conversations with my dream characters but recently I've talked to one of the DC I had created and asked him "how do you know me?" and he replied "Cause we've met" in a strange mysterious manner. I was pretty surprised and felt all tingly when I woke up xD

Tell us if it happens again :)
How to wake yourself up

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”