Supernatural Agents/spirit beings in LUCID dreams

Tell us about your first lucid dream - and your latest. We want all the juicy details. Also share results of dream challenge experiments.
thedreamer2

Supernatural Agents/spirit beings in LUCID dreams

Postby thedreamer2 » 22 Aug 2016 18:27

Greetings all. I am working on a paper on non-self characters in lucid dreams. I am specifically interested in spirit beings or supernatural agents (SAs) in lucid dreams. My impression is that they occur fairly often in my dreams and when they do they have a special kind of autonomous character to them. Can I ask: How often do SAs occur in your lucid dreams? Can you recount a recent lucid dream that you have had with an SA in it? When they occur what do they say? Have you ever asked them “Are you real or are you just a figment of my dreaming brain? Can you prove that you are real?” What have they done to prove that they are real? Thanks ALL for any insights you can give me on this…By the way would you classify yourself as a non-believer/atheist or a believer in SAs? Thanks again

Transcending.

Re: Supernatural Agents/spirit beings in LUCID dreams

Postby Transcending. » 22 Aug 2016 19:08

I haven't encounterd any spirit guides in my lucid dreams, but I have always felt like someone is watching me in them and if I need help with a hard decision a feeling just comes to me out of nowhere telling me what to do and when I do it. The dream goes perfectly fine. The last question, Yes I do think. They are real

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 22 Aug 2016 19:57

I disbelieve. :twisted:
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Transcending.

Postby Transcending. » 22 Aug 2016 21:38

Summerlander wrote:I disbelieve. :twisted:

Why?

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Aug 2016 01:52

Because there is no evidence for such things. :o
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

Dane

Postby Dane » 23 Aug 2016 10:13

Summerlander wrote:Because there is no evidence for such things. :o

backed up by the lack of probability. :geek:
I returned from the abyss, as a married man. :D

Summerlander

Postby Summerlander » 23 Aug 2016 11:31

Yes. If we discover evidence of a plane of existence beyond this one, where such things exist, and rule out mental illusions that accompany brain activity, then I'll believe. ;-)

- Padmasambhava

Return to “Share Your Lucid Dreams”