Your easiest way of lucid dreaming

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
TheLAWvirus

Your easiest way of lucid dreaming

Postby TheLAWvirus » 16 Sep 2016 23:23

Hey, what is your easiest way of lucid dreaming? Which have you had most success using? Which has been quickest? etc. I want to know as at the moment I only seem to have one (really weird) way of lucid dreaming and was wondering what are some of your personal easiest and favorite ways of lucid dreaming.
Alive? Or just breathing?

LucidAlice

Re: Your easiest way of lucid dreaming

Postby LucidAlice » 19 Sep 2016 17:05

Hi

I unfortunately had only one lucid dream.
I began writing a dream journal 3 months ago and I noticed that my dreams frequently do often show the same ambiances, for example; my old boarding school. I really often do have dreams where I'm located there even tough I never visited that school again since years (and I really would never ever again lol) ! But it kept coming back. So I began thinking about it and even last night I remember that I found myself again on the yard and thought "Oh, well. I'm here again." I didn't became lucid! But because I frequently have these dreams and often notice when I wake up I can properly feel how I get there slowly. I think it still takes a few "boarding school dreams" to get lucid but one day there wont be a need to ask if I'm dreaming or not! I know that being there is a dream thing it so I will get there eventually :)
So, I didn't really answer your question (sorry) but maybe I gave you a new advice; try to find out places or situations you always used to dream about and note them. It takes a lil time to get there because at the beginning you probably don't know what sequences or places are the key for you but I think its even a better method than waiting fo odd things like seeing you having 6 fingers and stuff (because it requires you to take a look at your hand :P). Recognizing familiar dream places could be the key for you? And if you already know few if them you could start immediately :) Thinking about those places when your'e awake should help (and doing reality checks afterwards)...

(Sorry for my odd english, I'm german :) )

Greetings,
Alice

dreamstudent

Postby dreamstudent » 01 Oct 2016 03:23

First off let me just say EVERYONES REM AND SLEEP CYCLES ARE DIFFERENT, it takes time to understand your own cycle when your dreams are most vivid long etc.

That being said, for me personally, I don't use WILD or FILD anything like that, I sleep 6-8 hours, wake up at the end of this 6-8 hours (using an alarm of some sort) and then from that point on once I go back to sleep it is extremely easy for me to just realize that I am in a dream, because its much easier to recognize that you just woke up, and all the sudden your in a completely different setting, etc. Its just much easier for me personally to do it that way, took me very long to realize this of course.

So basically for me personally my REM cycle is longest toward the end of 6-8 hours, and if i get beyond 8 hours of sleep generally thats when my rem cycle will just go for ever it seems like. Ill sleep 7 hours sometimes, wake up, pee or something, then go back to sleep, and i might have 3 hours of rem following that 7 hours, obviously i dont always have time to sleep 10 hours. But perhaps it will be the same for you.

Haradaska

Postby Haradaska » 03 Oct 2016 05:22

lol, lately ive been really lazy with this stuff. All ive been doing is a dream journal yet ive still gotten a bunch of realistic dreams plus two lucids in the past month
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Dreamer X

Postby Dreamer X » 04 Oct 2016 15:39

I'm not sure what this qualifies as, but it's worked for me a couple times. First I'll do a WBTB, at 4:00 AM, then when I lay down again I focus intently on the darkness behind my closed eyelids. I try to see beyond it, as if there was actually open space there. This takes a while, but if I can stay mentally aware the dream appears and I'm lucid!

(Note: I usually can't stay aware, and fall asleep normally anyway.)

Haradaska

Postby Haradaska » 05 Oct 2016 05:03

Dreamer X wrote:I'm not sure what this qualifies as, but it's worked for me a couple times. First I'll do a WBTB, at 4:00 AM, then when I lay down again I focus intently on the darkness behind my closed eyelids. I try to see beyond it, as if there was actually open space there. This takes a while, but if I can stay mentally aware the dream appears and I'm lucid!

(Note: I usually can't stay aware, and fall asleep normally anyway.)

This is interesting, I will try this.
"my friend urinated on my pc"~Computer troubleshooting sub

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”