Lucid dream plateau, please help.

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
Floatingman

Lucid dream plateau, please help.

Postby Floatingman » 29 Jan 2017 14:37

Hi there, I've been reading about lucid dreams and obe's for a while after naturally learning to float or sink out of my body during sleep paralysis.

At first it would be quite easily to float out of my body and control it however I'd rarely be able to get very far maybe just float from my room to downstairs etc.

I've occasionally entered awesome.dream lands from my sleep paralysis and crave for those moments again..

However recently when I've been doing it I've only been able to sink downwards out of my body and have had more scary or unsettling hallucinations, which I'm learning to not be afraid of.

The way I start to lucid dream/ have an obe is like this.

Normally can only ever do when sleeping in the afternoon or walking up In the morning and going back to bed.

Lay in bed until I enter relaxed state and sleep paralysis.

Loud vibrations in my ears and start sinking down, sometimes I'll try and get up but I cant just seemed to float very far any more.

Eventually a scene just appears in front of my eyes but lots of the time it doesn't last very long.

Today I had two in the morning

One was just a bunch of weird zodiac symbols floating around in darkness

And the other was floating into a room with a scary looking man outside, I freaked out a bit but eventually came back to say something to him and then it just faded out.

What I'd like to know is

- How can I be able to control my body more? Am I too conscious? Not relaxed enough?

- How can I make the dreams last much longer?

I've had others recently that weren't very scary for example I was on a cliffside following this figure in the distance and I felt a lot of clarity I.e wind on my face, could feel.my.feet on the ground. But then I just woke up again.

I really would like to just create the world I want to be in and be able to last longer in that world.

Thanks for your help and thanks for welcoming me to this amazing community!

Sean Jacobs

Re: Lucid dream plateau, please help.

Postby Sean Jacobs » 31 Jan 2017 15:16

Floatingman wrote:- How can I be able to control my body more? Am I too conscious? Not relaxed enough?

Hello Floatingman. It almost sounds like you are doing WILD, which I could never successfully master. I would say that being able to control your body more comes from your expectations while dreaming. If you know, beyond any doubt, that you have full control of your dream and your body within your dream you will gain more control. If you doubt, your mind will follow your expectations and you will have less controls. As for making a dream last longer, you need to stabilize your dream. Many people either rub their hands together or spin around (or both). This draws your mental awareness to your dream body and away from your actual physical body back in your bed, which helps you to stay in your dream longer. I hope this helps.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Floatingman

Re: Lucid dream plateau, please help.

Postby Floatingman » 01 Feb 2017 23:32

Sean Jacobs wrote:
Floatingman wrote:- How can I be able to control my body more? Am I too conscious? Not relaxed enough?

Hello Floatingman. It almost sounds like you are doing WILD, which I could never successfully master. I would say that being able to control your body more comes from your expectations while dreaming. If you know, beyond any doubt, that you have full control of your dream and your body within your dream you will gain more control. If you doubt, your mind will follow your expectations and you will have less controls. As for making a dream last longer, you need to stabilize your dream. Many people either rub their hands together or spin around (or both). This draws your mental awareness to your dream body and away from your actual physical body back in your bed, which helps you to stay in your dream longer. I hope this helps.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for your help, I will try this next time!

Although when I'm dreaming a lot of the tim I'm extremely conscious that I'm dreaming but still am very irratic in movement. Maybe stabilising my dream will help that...

Return to “Introduce Yourself”