Introduction post

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
88Dreams

Introduction post

Postby 88Dreams » 24 Feb 2017 03:10

Hello to all. First off, I've been able to recall dreams ever since I was a kid. Sometimes I can recall my dreams totally, sometimes it may be bits and pieces. As I got older a would have these shaking spells and I would feel overwhelmed in my dreams. There would always be a person or entity there so I would fight to wake myself out of what I would call a nightmare. As of the last 6 months I found out about. Astro traveling, and I now know that I was experiencing Astro traveling. I can wake up out of a deep sleep, then close my eyes and slip into lucid dreaming and control things in my dream. 3 months ago, my brother had surgery. That night I Astro traveled and meet a dark strobelight like ball that was spinning, I ask the spinning ball to watch over my brother, then the ball speed out into the Astro world. My brother had a successful surgery. I have had many more encounters with these entities. But it seems it happens less since I'm not afraid of them any more? Any thought?

Sean Jacobs

Re: Introduction post

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Feb 2017 16:10

88Dreams wrote:Hello to all. First off, I've been able to recall dreams ever since I was a kid. Sometimes I can recall my dreams totally, sometimes it may be bits and pieces. As I got older a would have these shaking spells and I would feel overwhelmed in my dreams. There would always be a person or entity there so I would fight to wake myself out of what I would call a nightmare. As of the last 6 months I found out about. Astro traveling, and I now know that I was experiencing Astro traveling. I can wake up out of a deep sleep, then close my eyes and slip into lucid dreaming and control things in my dream. 3 months ago, my brother had surgery. That night I Astro traveled and meet a dark strobelight like ball that was spinning, I ask the spinning ball to watch over my brother, then the ball speed out into the Astro world. My brother had a successful surgery. I have had many more encounters with these entities. But it seems it happens less since I'm not afraid of them any more? Any thought?

Welcome 88Dreams. Congrats on having the discovered lucid dreaming naturally. You have a head start on we folks who started learning about it later in life. Personally, I don't believe in astral projection (where your spirit/soul actually leaves your body). I believe that all the events that happen during "astral projection" is just a lucid dream, which takes place only in your mind. So, in my opinion you may have been worried about your brother and had a dream where this "supernatural ball" was assisting him to get better. The successful surgery most likely would have happened regardless of your lucid dream.

However I could be completely wrong.

I wish you best of luck with your future lucid adventures.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

88Dreams

Postby 88Dreams » 24 Feb 2017 19:32

Sean Jacobs wrote:
88Dreams wrote:Hello to all. First off, I've been able to recall dreams ever since I was a kid. Sometimes I can recall my dreams totally, sometimes it may be bits and pieces. As I got older a would have these shaking spells and I would feel overwhelmed in my dreams. There would always be a person or entity there so I would fight to wake myself out of what I would call a nightmare. As of the last 6 months I found out about. Astro traveling, and I now know that I was experiencing Astro traveling. I can wake up out of a deep sleep, then close my eyes and slip into lucid dreaming and control things in my dream. 3 months ago, my brother had surgery. That night I Astro traveled and meet a dark strobelight like ball that was spinning, I ask the spinning ball to watch over my brother, then the ball speed out into the Astro world. My brother had a successful surgery. I have had many more encounters with these entities. But it seems it happens less since I'm not afraid of them any more? Any thought?

Welcome 88Dreams. Congrats on having the discovered lucid dreaming naturally. You have a head start on we folks who started learning about it later in life. Personally, I don't believe in astral projection (where your spirit/soul actually leaves your body). I believe that all the events that happen during "astral projection" is just a lucid dream, which takes place only in your mind. So, in my opinion you may have been worried about your brother and had a dream where this "supernatural ball" was assisting him to get better. The successful surgery most likely would have happened regardless of your lucid dream.

However I could be completely wrong.

I wish you best of luck with your future lucid adventures.

Thanks for your quick response. Your completely correct in regards of my brothers surgery out come. But that's not the only time that I experienced that spinning ball of light. In my first marriage I was under a lot of stress due to infedility on both parties. One night while lying in the bed sleep,I had a out of body experience. I was in one corner of the room floating looking over me and my wife sleeping bodies. In the other corner off the room opposite of mean was a ball of what I call energy floating and rotating slow. It was multicolored and reminded me of a chandelier. I was scared by its presents and forced my self to awkend. Look back now, that ball of energy appeared when I was experiencing major stress in my life. The only difference is, I actually seeked the energy during my brothers surgery and I was at ease during the incounter.

Sean Jacobs

Postby Sean Jacobs » 24 Feb 2017 20:18

88Dreams wrote:Thanks for your quick response. Your completely correct in regards of my brothers surgery out come. But that's not the only time that I experienced that spinning ball of light. In my first marriage I was under a lot of stress due to infedility on both parties. One night while lying in the bed sleep,I had a out of body experience. I was in one corner of the room floating looking over me and my wife sleeping bodies. In the other corner off the room opposite of mean was a ball of what I call energy floating and rotating slow. It was multicolored and reminded me of a chandelier. I was scared by its presents and forced my self to awkend. Look back now, that ball of energy appeared when I was experiencing major stress in my life. The only difference is, I actually seeked the energy during my brothers surgery and I was at ease during the incounter.

Hi again 88Dreams. That is fantastic, it it may be some kind of supernatural entity. However, dreams respond to your subconscious expectations. So, if you have had previous good experiences with this entity when under stress your subconscious may have brought it back during another stressful situation. Have you ever spoken to the orb? Next time you have a lucid dream see if you can summon it. Maybe you can speak to it and ask it questions.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

88Dreams

Postby 88Dreams » 24 Feb 2017 22:34

Hi again 88Dreams. That is fantastic, it it may be some kind of supernatural entity. However, dreams respond to your subconscious expectations. So, if you have had previous good experiences with this entity when under stress your subconscious may have brought it back during another stressful situation. Have you ever spoken to the orb? Next time you have a lucid dream see if you can summon it. Maybe you can speak to it and ask it questions.[/quote]

Yes I plan on asking questions whenever It appears again. That's one of the main reasons I here, so I can chat with people with like experiences. To get tips on how to lucid dream at will, and how to communicate or not to communicate with the orb energy. And anything else that may shed light on my experiences.Thanks for your input!!

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Feb 2017 05:34

I might want to comment that just because you can control your dreams doesn't necessarily make them lucid. You have to be aware they are dreams, or they are not lucid dreams. In fact the so called wake induced (lucid) dream technique could also not be lucid when induced.

88 I want to ask how do you know without a doubt that what you are experiencing is real? Did you perform reality checks just to make absolutely sure of this? Some people who think what they are experiencing is real cannot even read their clocks or even a book (which is a huge reality check). Check everything, make absolute sure you don't miss anything. If you still aren't convinced, why not do the card trick, leave a playing card on the table, and see if the one in your dream matches the one in real life, and see if you can get it right 3 times in a row.
I am sure you haven't heard of this, as most users who get into ghosts give me the same answer, but have you ever heard of the Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming technique, or directly entering into a lucid dream while you are still awake and conscious? I am just wondering because sometimes when some users go through sleep paralysis when consciously entering a WILD, it can cause them to see creatures on their chest, alien abductions, or believe they turned into a ghost, when really the SP stage is partially you inside a dream itself, and time for you to start becoming aware. This is the most common way to induce a WILD.
Somewhat like you, I a few times had WILDs about family members when I was worried about them. In one lucid dream, I ended up even accurately locating the room in one of my lucid dreams (laws of probability make this possible) where my sister in law ended up at the hospital and it was well over 1 in the morning. The difference was that during my dream, I was completely aware I was dreaming the entire time. The real reason why I know it is a dream is because if it were possible to use any superpower in real life, take flying for example, the consequences for the super ability would far outweigh the benefits. (with flying, you'd fly as as fast as a turtle walks, flying too high would cause "the bends", and if you crash into something while flying high enough, you fall to your death). I am phobic of turning into a ghost, but I doubt that contributes to my awareness in anyway (I had lucid dreams before I had the phobia)
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

88Dreams

Postby 88Dreams » 25 Feb 2017 09:45

lucidé wrote:I might want to comment that just because you can control your dreams doesn't necessarily make them lucid. You have to be aware they are dreams, or they are not lucid dreams. In fact the so called wake induced (lucid) dream technique could also not be lucid when induced.

88 I want to ask how do you know without a doubt that what you are experiencing is real? Did you perform reality checks just to make absolutely sure of this? Some people who think what they are experiencing is real cannot even read their clocks or even a book (which is a huge reality check). Check everything, make absolute sure you don't miss anything. If you still aren't convinced, why not do the card trick, leave a playing card on the table, and see if the one in your dream matches the one in real life, and see if you can get it right 3 times in a row.
I am sure you haven't heard of this, as most users who get into ghosts give me the same answer, but have you ever heard of the Wake Induced Lucid Dreaming technique, or directly entering into a lucid dream while you are still awake and conscious? I am just wondering because sometimes when some users go through sleep paralysis when consciously entering a WILD, it can cause them to see creatures on their chest, alien abductions, or believe they turned into a ghost, when really the SP stage is partially you inside a dream itself, and time for you to start becoming aware. This is the most common way to induce a WILD.
Somewhat like you, I a few times had WILDs about family members when I was worried about them. In one lucid dream, I ended up even accurately locating the room in one of my lucid dreams (laws of probability make this possible) where my sister in law ended up at the hospital and it was well over 1 in the morning. The difference was that during my dream, I was completely aware I was dreaming the entire time. The real reason why I know it is a dream is because if it were possible to use any superpower in real life, take flying for example, the consequences for the super ability would far outweigh the benefits. (with flying, you'd fly as as fast as a turtle walks, flying too high would cause "the bends", and if you crash into something while flying high enough, you fall to your death). I am phobic of turning into a ghost, but I doubt that contributes to my awareness in anyway (I had lucid dreams before I had the phobia)

Thanks for your response. To answer your first question, yes I was 100% aware that I was dreaming and because of my awareness I would take advantage of my dream world by intentionally affecting my surrounding. This doesn't happen every time, but happens none the less.
And yes the WILD technique, (this is the first time I heard about the term,) I have experienced. Example; the night my brother had his surgery. My wife was in the bed room finishing up some homework on her laptop at the desk and I was sleeping. I was awakening by her typing, so I use that moment to slip into lucid state, I closed my eyes and began the shaking, overwhelming feeling and intentionally seeked out the energy. All while I was still in tuned of my wife still at work. When I awaken out of the lucid state which only lasted maybe 2 minutes, I discussed with my wife what I just did. It's seems that it's easier to slip into a lucid state while awakening first from a sleep, then goin right back to sleep. In my younger experiences I would fight to wake out of this feeling that I would get, the vibrating, overwhelming feeling, because like I said before I would equate the feeling with a nightmare about to start.
Let me give a little more info about myself, ever since the age of 3-4 years old I had horrific nightmares or at least at that age I though where horrific. I would wake up screaming at the top of my lungs scaring the heck out of my siblings and mom. One time awaken and a glowing figure of a man was standing over me reaching out about to touch me, and I screamed. The man ran across the room and hide behind a dresser that was in me and my brothers room(I just got the chills typing this lol). Mom came in, and I had everyone convinced there was someone in the house, I'll stop there.
But I do like your card technique and will give that I try, thanks for that info.

88Dreams

Postby 88Dreams » 25 Feb 2017 09:49

And oh can you explain the bends a little more, this is very interesting.

lucidé

Postby lucidé » 25 Feb 2017 18:08

I had WILDs and SP when I was really little as well, although all I would end up seeing was the TV distorting and sound coming from it was all messed up. It wasn't horribly frightening for me. Also I had watched the Somewhere in Dreamland cartoon over and over again, where these kids had this escapism attitude and would sing about going to dreamland, and they'd go to sleep, and fly off to dreamland, and control their dreams while there would be singing in the background about them being in dreamland the whole time. When I would end up in SP, I ended up concluding I fell asleep just like the kids, and remained calm and simply would phase. I wasn't really afraid of very much when I was that age, although I was extremely anti-social, and it took lucid dreaming (talking to the characters... eventually) and some therapy to snap me out of it. I usually only got intimidated by something when I took a damaging attack from it. From my experience, SP is only scary if you imagine it to be so, just like a dream. If you see it in a positive note, like when I often befriend the characters, then it is rather relaxing. Real life is way more stressful than a lucid dream, just because in a lucid dream, if you get hurt, or end up in a bad situation I or other lucid dreamers would just shrug it off like nothing happened, or make a quick recovery. But you know very well in real life, if you know something could cause a massive injury, and you end up in a bad situation you are going to panic way worse than you would in a lucid dream. I worry more about surviving, just because of those massive bills you'd have to pay if the injury was bad enough. In between $150,000 to $1 million if that doesn't scare you.

The bends, usually known as divers sickness, happens if you try to rise to the surface of the water way too fast or without a decompression suit. It causes the blood in the body to become extremely foamy due the sudden change in pressure in the water or even in the air, leading to all sorts of nasty side effects, and the worst side effects could happen if the foaminess ends up in the spine or in the brain, leading to paralysis or fatality. They once had that happen to a character in a cartoon, which in his unfortunate case of the bends, led to confusion, vision changes, and unexplained behavior changes (he was really lucky he didn't die from it). So why would a person get the bends when flying you might ask, they aren't underwater. Well you may not know that most airplanes have a pressurized chamber, so you'd never notice the change in the air pressure. But if you were "flying" like with scuba diving, there is a change in the pressure in the air, so it would require you to wear a specialized suit, and you'd have to wear a suit to allow you to breathe as there is little to no oxygen the higher up you get.
An example of lucid dreaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW7ps_VSPkg (1:46 Is that me or is this me? "Am I still dreaming?") Simpsons example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3X1n5Yny3g

Return to “Introduce Yourself”