Easiest lucid dream technique

Discuss lucid dreaming techniques including dream recall, MILD, WILD, meditation and other ways of attaining lucidity in dreams.
Marix

Easiest lucid dream technique

Postby Marix » 06 Nov 2017 22:33

Hello everyone! :)
I've read several books about lucid dreaming techniques and meditation techniques that help you induce a lucid dream, but all of them involve a lot of time and concentration. Which technique works best for you and which one would you say is the easiest to learn in a short period of time? I had my first lucid dream using WILD, but that was 3 years ago and I kind of gave up on it until now. Can you give me and advice?
Thank you all in advance! :)

24/7/365

Re: Easiest lucid dream technique

Postby 24/7/365 » 13 Nov 2017 06:07

I lay there asleep and wait. I call this the L.A.Z.Y. method.

Serahsister1

Postby Serahsister1 » 23 Nov 2017 08:02

I learned to practice clapping my hands while looking at them 3 times, and chanting 'wake up'. I would do this during the day sometimes, but several times before going to sleep. Eventually, I was able to do it in my first lucid dream, and I immediately began hover practice!

Delarose

Postby Delarose » 30 Nov 2017 16:51

24/7/365 wrote:I lay there asleep and wait. I call this the L.A.Z.Y. method.

lol :lol:

Delarose

Postby Delarose » 30 Nov 2017 16:58

Marix wrote:Hello everyone! :)
I've read several books about lucid dreaming techniques and meditation techniques that help you induce a lucid dream, but all of them involve a lot of time and concentration. Which technique works best for you and which one would you say is the easiest to learn in a short period of time? I had my first lucid dream using WILD, but that was 3 years ago and I kind of gave up on it until now. Can you give me and advice?
Thank you all in advance! :)

Well, LD takes time and practice. There’s no easy method. Probably the “fastest” is to be mindful all day long. If you’re lucid in your waking life, you’ll be lucid in dreams. But LD it’s a practice and it’s also a sacred ancient practice for some buddhists called Dream Yoga. So well, if you want the highway, try to be mindful all day long. And believe me it’s fast but NOT easy. Otherwise you can just train like all of us doing 10-15 reality checks every day, meditating and trying to be mindful and lucid during your waking life.
If you read all those books you should know LD takes training and commitment, if you’re not a natural lucid dreamer.

aresrin

Postby aresrin » 22 Jan 2018 00:15

The easiest for me was Senses Initiated Lucid Dreaming (SSILD). You have to use the Wake back to bed method with it, so you'll have to get up in the middle of the night to use it, but the technique itself is pretty quick, simple, and effective in my experience.

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 23 Jan 2018 12:26

The easiest for me was Senses Initiated Lucid Dreaming (SSILD). You have to use the Wake back to bed method with it, so you'll have to get up in the middle of the night to use it, but the technique itself is pretty quick, simple, and effective in my experience

Up to now I did not know what SSILD meant. I goggled did a practise which is very easy, and did it at my after lunch kip, partly remembering a dream. During the night after a piddle I did the easy exercise and had good recalls, the last dream I am in a sight seeing train in the Alps and the view is absolutely fantastic sharp. (The best I can explain it) My fellow passengers agree with me. I will Come back after seeing how I things develop and report.
Thanks aresin for your posting. :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 24 Jan 2018 19:54

Day 2 or should I say night 2. Again after the middle of the night lights on and off again. Back to bed doing the exercise. The last dream is a blockbuster. It is raining cats and dogs in cape town, and floods of water every where. What is new for me is the new fantastic vividness of the dreams. To see and feel the Rain and chatting with the people remarking on the super strong rain. SSILD for me means being very much aware. :)

erichsa

Postby erichsa » 08 Feb 2018 21:14

Well I do have good recall and vivid dreams doing the exercise. Normal for me I have sometimes fair recall and others lousy. by lousy I wake up remember the dream turn around to sleep again and the dream is forgotten. With the exercise when I get up in the morning the dream or dreams is still very vivid in my mind and I write the salient points in my diary. :)

Rebekahw74

Postby Rebekahw74 » 12 Mar 2018 16:12

I will share how I trained myself on lucid dreaming. I am new to the group and haven’t had a chance to read over other people’s replies. It will be interesting for sure!

I have never shared this and it’s a bit personal and awkward but here goes.

I noticed when I would lucid dream the most often is when I had a full nights sleep but would take a nap during the day. Also if I was “in the mood” and napped it was more likely to happen. I didn’t like lucid dreaming because for the longest I couldn’t control it. I started laying down for naps and clearing my mind and then making myself aware of my pulse, my breathing and then I would focus on my..um..lady parts. If I focused on the warmth, the pulse down there and then start fantasizing about something that was erotic, I would eventually slip off into a lucid dream. If it happened like this I went into lucid dreaming able to control the dream. If it happened accidentally it was usually more like a sleep paralysis that caused me panic. So learning to control it became important.

Eventually I learned that I could do this same thing by drinking a cup of coffee if I was tired and lay down for a nap without the “mood” part. At this point I can talk myself down into a sleep/wake state by breathing and going into a trance like state while laying down. It has become a feeling of sorts or a tunnel like groove I can feel out in my mind and slip into (if that makes sense).

If I stay asleep longer or wake up and don’t immediately sit up, I will slip back into lucid dreaming and each time I do, it seems harder to come back out of it. There are times I have to talk myself down into a deep sleep so my body will wake up with my mind.

Return to “Lucid Dreaming Techniques”