Your journey of lucidity in a nutshell

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Jacob46719

Re: Your journey of lucidity in a nutshell

Postby Jacob46719 » 23 Mar 2018 03:00

(21, male, college student)
Natural lucid dreamer?: No.
Researching lucidity since: September 16, 2012
First lucid dream - September 18, 2012 (had a near-successful WILD on the 17th)
Lucid dreams so far: 1083
Quality of lucid dreaming: Variable. 52% of them have lasted 0-20 seconds, 23% have lasted 21-60 seconds, 12% have lasted 1-2 minutes, 8% 2-5 minutes, 3% 5-10 min, 0.7% 10-20 min, and 0.8% 20-90 min. It's not so linear. In the past year, the average length and quality has gone up significantly.
Experimenting with: None, I guess. Everything I'm working with is no longer in the experimental stage. It's mostly execution now.
Most successful technique: Full-on WBTB has had the highest success rate. I expect WILD to overtake it in the coming months.
Other things: Fundamentals--Dream journaling, RCs, enough sleep, good sleep schedule, strong intent.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

CatDreamer22

Postby CatDreamer22 » 15 Apr 2018 04:27

natural lucid dreamer?: Someday...

researching lucidity since: November 2017

first lucid dream: Years ago, I can't even remember them. But the first one I do remember was on February 5, 2018

estimated lucid dreams so far: 4 (Since beginning lucid dreaming practices.)

quality of lucid dreaming: It starts off all fuzzy, then after some stabilization it becomes vivid. I last long enough to do some things, my longest LD was 5 minutes maybe.

experimenting with: FILD, DILD, WILD, and some of my own ideas.

most successful technique: It's split. Iv'e had 2 DILDs so far and 2 WILDs.

other procedures: relaxation activity for 2 minutes, Subliminal videos, dream journaling, and reality checks.

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 15 Apr 2018 10:20

Jacob46719 wrote:(21, male, college student)
Natural lucid dreamer?: No.
Researching lucidity since: September 16, 2012
First lucid dream - September 18, 2012 (had a near-successful WILD on the 17th)
Lucid dreams so far: 1083
Quality of lucid dreaming: Variable. 52% of them have lasted 0-20 seconds, 23% have lasted 21-60 seconds, 12% have lasted 1-2 minutes, 8% 2-5 minutes, 3% 5-10 min, 0.7% 10-20 min, and 0.8% 20-90 min. It's not so linear. In the past year, the average length and quality has gone up significantly.
Experimenting with: None, I guess. Everything I'm working with is no longer in the experimental stage. It's mostly execution now.
Most successful technique: Full-on WBTB has had the highest success rate. I expect WILD to overtake it in the coming months.
Other things: Fundamentals--Dream journaling, RCs, enough sleep, good sleep schedule, strong intent.

This is actually extremely motivating! Thank you!
Edit: How was your transition from experimenting to executing? (this may be a little long to answer but actually I would love to hear more from you - is there already a forum thread where you describe your journey in detail?)
Last edited by LucidCat on 15 Apr 2018 12:45, edited 2 times in total.
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 15 Apr 2018 10:21

CatDreamer22 wrote:natural lucid dreamer?: Someday...

researching lucidity since: November 2017

first lucid dream: Years ago, I can't even remember them. But the first one I do remember was on February 5, 2018

estimated lucid dreams so far: 4 (Since beginning lucid dreaming practices.)

quality of lucid dreaming: It starts off all fuzzy, then after some stabilization it becomes vivid. I last long enough to do some things, my longest LD was 5 minutes maybe.

experimenting with: FILD, DILD, WILD, and some of my own ideas.

most successful technique: It's split. Iv'e had 2 DILDs so far and 2 WILDs.

other procedures: relaxation activity for 2 minutes, Subliminal videos, dream journaling, and reality checks.

Awesome! Keep it up!
Tell me briefly about your lucid dreaming journey :arrow: http://www.world-of-lucid-dreaming.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20305

CARPE NOCTEM

Jacob46719

Postby Jacob46719 » 15 Apr 2018 17:22

LucidCat wrote:This is actually extremely motivating! Thank you!
Edit: How was your transition from experimenting to executing? (this may be a little long to answer but actually I would love to hear more from you - is there already a forum thread where you describe your journey in detail?)

Turns out I've already answered this question before. Initiating copy/paste + edits.
The most major problem for years was forming a solid, consistent strategy. First, there was this long period where I would use one, maybe two basic stabilization tactics if I remembered them, and then went for mainly shapeshifting-related goals. Sometimes I could get a couple minutes of lucidity. The majority of the time, they lasted less than 30 seconds. Despite this, I continued striving for only my goals for around 18 months.

After that period of time, I got sick for 10 days, which set me back. It is my biggest drop-off in LD frequency up to the present day--46 LDs one month, and 7 the next. So, this suddenly became the biggest problem. Over the following 12 or so months, I switched my priority from in-dream goals to getting my rates back up to the 20-40/month range. My efforts were unsuccessful. Over the course of 2016, I continued to experiment with induction techniques, trying to find something that produced consistent results. As for in-dream stuff, I had the idea to use certain phrases to increase lucidity once I became lucid. Again, unsuccessful.

>Problem: Cannot find consistent strategy for either induction, nor lucidity increase. Forgot stabilization techs.

At this point, I shifted my priorities to this: Achieve minimum specifications for a lucid dream before doing my in-dream objectives. (Those minimum specs are lucidity Layer 3, and the surroundings feel real/look solid.)

In September 2016, I thought, 'Hey, all these different phrases I've using haven't worked. What if I combine them into one scripted routine?' On September 27, I performed this new routine (that I dubbed simply, "The Procedure", later "Procedure M1") in a dream that I became lucid in via RC. BAM. Suddenly, I was at Layer 3. Variations of the Procedure have often produced desired results since. Stability was still an issue, however.

>Problem: Cannot find consistent strategy for induction. Forgot stabilization techs.

During the following months, I used the Procedure as much as I could whenever I became lucid. I experimented, but didn't put much thought to stability. Despite this, I've had a number of lucid dreams that have lasted over 10 minutes due to the Procedure; before, I wasn't getting anywhere near that.

Then comes June 10, 2017. Coming off a long dry spell (according to my standards) of 17 days, I figured, 'Hey, what about WBTB? I had a very success rate with it the few times I used it in the past...what if I use it every other night?' Next morning, BAM, LD from WBTB. 3 days later, another with WBTB, and another 2 days after that. Then, on June 27, I reinstated DEILD as a primary tech, used to fill the gaps between nights in which I use WBTB. The following weeks were incredibly dense with LDs, both minor and major, and I spent around 3-4 hours in lucid dreams during the following July. Fun fact: The DEILDs didn't really work much; it just helped to have a backup strat.

>Problem: Unreliable stabilization method.

As of late last year, I incorporated basic stabilization techs, including but not limited to rubbing hands and spinning, into my Procedure M6(as in the 6th revision). I have tested it, and it seems to work. (though remembering to perform it is a different matter)

Since then, I have shifted my quality standards up again, and am going for the whole enchilada: Layer 4 Lucidity with a totally solid environment.

I have added on some more stabilization prior to the Procedure, which I have dubbed "Initialization". This strategy has worked, and allows for me to perform the following Procedure in a relatively stable environment.

I have developed the "Plan", which includes Initialization, 1st Procedure, 2nd Stabilization, 2nd Procedure, and 3rd Stabilization. In theory, the plan will result in reaching Layer 4 and well solidifying the environment, as long as those goals are remembered. I have yet to successfully test this. After I do, I plan to condense it to save some time.

I have developed a variant of "Sporadic Awareness," which involves observing sight, sound, and touch in random cycles of acknowledging things I can sense. (This is not SSILD, despite its similarities) This is used for both WILD and Stabilization.

In September 2017, I decided I wanted to add WILD to my arsenal, with the goal of being precise and consistent with it. After a few months of testing and problem-solving, I finally succeeded according to my developed strategy on January 20-22, 2018. It actually worked 9 times in a row. For the following 2 months, I continued using slight variants of my WILD strategy, nearly always failing until I returned to the exact same one I used in January. Today, I have made better tweaks and adjustments allowing for more precision.

My problems now include forgetting what to do in the moment, and lack of skill in execution. I think I'll have a 20% success rate in a month or so.
Don't give up on your dreams! Keep sleeping...

LosFreakos

Postby LosFreakos » 17 Apr 2018 13:08

(18, male)
Natural lucid dreamer?: Nay.

Researching lucidity since: 28th March 2018

First lucid dream: Sometime back in 2009-2010

Lucid dreams so far: 1, none since researching (although I almost got a DILD a week ago :D )

Quality of lucid dreaming: Nay.

Experimenting with: DILD, sometimes MILD, sometimes WBTB+WILD (and I wanna try Music Induced Lucid Dreaming soon, I feel that this could be helpful for me)

Most successful technique: Nay.

Other procedures: dream journal, reality checks, better sleep schedules
Are you sure you're not dreaming right now? :P

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 17 Apr 2018 22:01

Thank you Jakob!

CARPE NOCTEM

LucidCat

Postby LucidCat » 17 Apr 2018 22:03

LosFreakos wrote:(18, male)
Natural lucid dreamer?: Nay.

Researching lucidity since: 28th March 2018

First lucid dream: Sometime back in 2009-2010

Lucid dreams so far: 1, none since researching (although I almost got a DILD a week ago :D )

Quality of lucid dreaming: Nay.

Experimenting with: DILD, sometimes MILD, sometimes WBTB+WILD (and I wanna try Music Induced Lucid Dreaming soon, I feel that this could be helpful for me)

Most successful technique: Nay.

Other procedures: dream journal, reality checks, better sleep schedules

Good luck on your journey! You'll get there.

CARPE NOCTEM

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 05 Jun 2018 05:20

I like this :D

(18, female, computer science student/artist)
Natural lucid dreamer?: I was as a young child, but not anymore.

Researching lucidity since: About 2014, more or less.

First lucid dream: Likely sometime around 2004-05.

Estimated lucid dreams so far: I've only documented 11, but not counting the ones I had as a kid.

Quality of lucid dreaming: Usually very vivid, lasting anywhere from 5 seconds to 5 minutes. Good self control, but little dream control.

Experimenting with: WILD, MILD

Most successful technique: Mostly DILD, as it's easiest to fit reality checks and awareness practice into my daily life than the others.

Other procedures: Dream journal, reality checks, constant awareness practice, energy work, meditation. Sleep schedule has always been bad, so I also really need to work regulating that.
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”