Can dream characters remember?

What have you learned from your dream characters? What do they say, what do they represent, what motivates them, why do they exist?
En3ermost

Can dream characters remember?

Postby En3ermost » 03 Jun 2018 14:18

My question is: can I "set" a dream character to remember what I do with him so the next time I spawn him in another lucid dream he'll remember who I am and what we have done in the past? Like saying to him "Next time I meet you, you'll remember about what we have done/talked about now and who I am" or something like that. Or do they just "reset" every time a new lucid dream begins even if i want them to remember? After all, everything is possible in a lucid dream so if I want a dream character to have past memories it should work... or am I wrong? And yes, I'm still kinda new to lucid dreaming in general. Thank you all in advance.
Last edited by En3ermost on 27 Jun 2018 22:45, edited 2 times in total.

baccuss123

Re: Can dream characters remember?

Postby baccuss123 » 05 Jun 2018 10:07

Yes

goldenrose

Postby goldenrose » 19 Jun 2018 06:14

As you said, anything is possible!

Since you harbor the memory of what you have done with said dream character, it's completely reasonable to expect one to "remember" the things you have done together. Might be a bit tricky, but would be fun to try. :D
Darkness is always held up by the light.

Petal

Postby Petal » 20 Jun 2018 09:31

I think this is a great idea. You have inspired me to try out a few new things. Thanks.
Anyhow, Kind Regards. I hope to see you about...

Starlia

Postby Starlia » 26 Aug 2018 18:14

The guy I seek out every dream remembers that we are ignoring my restraining order. He even gets annoyed if I seek him out to often. I think it’s based on my feelings and expectations for how he would be in real life so that’s why he remembers. For me emotions play a huge part in my dreams

Petal

Postby Petal » 27 Aug 2018 22:36

For sure emotions work in lucid dreams, restraint orders...not so much. Bless your cotton socks. The guys at Buckingham Palace don’t like me much either ... especially when I try and steal their Canaletto's for my own castle walls. I wish I could restrain some of my dream characters, especially a particularly weird old musician celebrity guy that seems to get his kinks from trolling me. I never planned that one and I’ve never much managed to control of any of my dream characters. They just seem to appear and do what the heck they like. A lot of them are really random and annoying... but then so am I. Ive one or two that seem to remember me and I definitely remember them. Ive never actually tried a continue or deliberate converse with anyone of them over several dreams. Although I’ve met up with characters on repeated occasions usually because I’ve been trying to crack some kind of lucid activity that seems like an adventure. Ive also gone looking for oracles in the past, with some really mixed results. I’ve stop lucid stalking ex’s a long time ago. I usually end up seeing stuff I’d rather not. Let ‘em rot, I say. Much finer fish to catch, if I’m in the mood to lasso. I like my dreams fanciful and most of my ex’s turn out to be way too mundane. :roll:

Starlia

Postby Starlia » 28 Aug 2018 12:13

Oh I should specify he did traumatic stuff to me and I I got a restraining order in real life. It’s been 4 years and I dream of him every night. I think I seek him out to resolve something in my subconscious.

Petal

Postby Petal » 28 Aug 2018 14:25

I’m truelly sorry about that relationship. I did misunderstand and thought it strange someone would admit they had a restraining order put on them. :?
Although, I do sometimes sort out what I feel about serious personal matters in lucid dreams, I do tend towards the more silly stuff. Boundaries in my dreams don’t seem to exist very much at all. I often breach my own and my characters do sometimes shock or surprise me. Then there are boundaries in my lucid environment that seem to be just begging to be breached... like the Buckingham palace example. Learning about myself self by going beyond my usual safe and socially polite limitations, is one of the things I most enjoy about lucid dreaming.
I take it you mean that when you feel strong emotions in real life you tend towards them in your lucid dreaming experiences? If so, that definitely true for me also. From my lucid experiences, I would never take anything on a very literal level to be meaningful. I have to ask myself critical questions about my motivations and those of my characters. If I didn’t, it would be as foolish as listening to my “inner critic”, you know, that voice that says nothing is possibly because it is trying to keep you “safe” like forever. Maybe I being overly deep now. If so, I apologise.

Starlia

Postby Starlia » 28 Aug 2018 14:58

That’s fine I don’t always explain things clearly. I guess when you know the person your dreaming about in real life there is more dimension to the character. There’s also those fantasy characters that mean something to you even if it was in another dream. For me that’s king Tritan who I can call on to appear at will and a dog who I use to live with before I was to sick to keep him. He comes to me and protects me. Perhaps those characters have a special meaning that is yet to be recognised.

Return to “Dream Characters”