Beginner at trying to lucid drea,

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Doublea

Beginner at trying to lucid drea,

Postby Doublea » 12 Mar 2012 06:05

So I just started about 2 weeks ago with trying to lucid dream. I've kept a dream journal and I've remembered 1-5 dreams a night, I usually wake up right after having them. I also do reality checks through out the day, though I think I need to crack down on this a little harder. So any tips or motivation for me? Thanks!

Bleekman117

Re: Beginner at trying to lucid drea,

Postby Bleekman117 » 12 Mar 2012 20:41

Only tip i can give you is keep at it! Practice, practice, practice! And don't get discouraged if it takes a while; everybody is different. Also, one of the biggest problems beginners have is trying too hard. If you put to much into wanting to LD you could actually be hindering yourself. Go at your own pace and if it doesn't happen for a while, take a break. Sometimes that is all you need to get over the hump!
Good luck!!!
The mind is a beautiful thing

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 12 Mar 2012 21:30

Bleekman117 wrote:Only tip i can give you is keep at it! Practice, practice, practice! And don't get discouraged if it takes a while; everybody is different. Also, one of the biggest problems beginners have is trying too hard.

I'll second that. I do think one of the biggest obstacles to having the first one is believing. I know this might sound religious, but you do need to have some faith, but faith in yourself really. I didn't have my first one until I really believed I could.

So I would also suggest spending some time working on this area through meditation and positive affirmations such as "the next time I am dreaming, I will realize that I'm dreaming" and things like that especially right before sleep.

Make sure along with trying hard, you are also believing hard.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 13 Mar 2012 02:19

Alright thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to BELIEVE! AND WORK HARD. Here are some of the things I'm planning on doing when I become lucid:

Fly (all sorts of ways! a lot!)
Play tennis with Roger Federer and have him give me some lessons.
Talk to my subconscious animal.

um yeah theres probably some others but those are my top three.

Bleekman117

Postby Bleekman117 » 13 Mar 2012 02:37

Sounds good! Keep thinking of other things you want to do. Write out a list even! It will help plant the ideas into your subconscious. And not to mention the more things you want to do, the easier it will be to stay lucid in the dream.
The mind is a beautiful thing

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Mar 2012 04:04

Doublea wrote:Alright thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to BELIEVE! AND WORK HARD. Here are some of the things I'm planning on doing when I become lucid:

Fly (all sorts of ways! a lot!)
Play tennis with Roger Federer and have him give me some lessons.
Talk to my subconscious animal.

um yeah theres probably some others but those are my top three.

Add to that list: Have my mind COMPLETELY BLOWN when I find msyself in a real world, it was NOT even close to what I expected!!!!!!!!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 13 Mar 2012 04:47

Alright! I bet its 1000% better then I'm actually imagining it to be.

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Mar 2012 05:30

Doublea wrote:Alright! I bet its 1000% better then I'm actually imagining it to be.

You really can't imagine it. It's something that has to be experienced to be believed, but I must say that I don't even really believe it when I'm experiencing it honestly.

In my last LD I had quite a bit of time to think about it while it was happening, thinking about how my body was lying in bed sleeping, but meanwhile, I was in a completely perfectly real world at the same time. Try to imagine that! It's really almost too much to deal with.

Doublea

Postby Doublea » 13 Mar 2012 05:44

I just can't wait to lucid dream, I should really try harder!

Return to “For Beginners”