Balancing Lucid Dreaming and school :(

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Ivanna

Balancing Lucid Dreaming and school :(

Postby Ivanna » 12 Apr 2012 12:49

So, I am still a newbie when it comes to this. I have experienced short bursts of "lucidity" (not even sure if you'd be able to call it that, but anyway...), but nothing truly amazing yet. I usually end up giving up after a while. I try really hard for a good few weeks (usually in the school holidays when I can lie in almost every day) but I never achieve any tangible lucid dreams, just lousy attempts like I said before. I think the main problem is not being able to balance both school and reality checks and things of that nature all at the same time. I usually always forget all about lucid dreaming and performing reality checks when I'm in lessons and doing homework and stuff, and I only get about 6 hours sleep a night and have no time whatsoever to write down my dreams in the morning. Am I ever likely to experience an LD? And can anyone give me some tips on managing reality checks with a busy schedule? I'm 14 by the way and I have been trying to lucid dream for well over a year :)
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Peter

Re: Balancing Lucid Dreaming and school :(

Postby Peter » 12 Apr 2012 20:43

slow down a little and relax about it all. IF you can get to bed say once a week a little earlier and set an alarm if you need so you wake up early and then take a few minutes to do some reality checks and then get back to sleep. At the very least you should get some vivid dreams and then write down some bullet points when you wake up. This will help with recall. Doing this once a week will take you from intent to action and the extra sleep wont hurt either
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 12 Apr 2012 22:57

Hi : ) I'm 14 too so I understand how hard it is to juggle school work with Lucid dreaming! But I definitely recommend keeping a dream journal as I had a lucid dream within the 2nd day of keeping a journal. Although it is hard to find the time to write dreams down especially if they are long and detailed, i usually just type out a few key points of the dream or sometimes the whole dream on my iPod or laptop as I find that typing takes a lot less time then writing and then at night I write the full dream into my journal. I guess you could just have a digital journal on your iPod or computer but I prefer having them written down.

On the reality checks..I find it just helps to think about lucid dreaming throughout the day even if you don't accompany it with a reality check. Or at school I ask my friends whether or not I'm dreaming...

I hope this helps!
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

lucidinthe sky

Postby lucidinthe sky » 13 Apr 2012 03:16

It's difficult to get lucid if you're not getting enough sleep so I would suggest trying to get at least 7 or 8 hours, especially at your age, even 9 is probably what is recommended. But they key is: those last 2 hours will also have the highest potential of having a lucid dream. The first 5-6 rarely yield results. You also need to be relaxed and not overstressed, high rev tmp brain (thoughts per minute).

I can only speak from my own experience, but lucid dreams occur for me only when I am really determined to make it happen. That's not the same as trying really hard, intention is the key. It definitely takes an focused effort for me and rarely do they occur without it.

So my advice would be: 1. get more sleep. 2. focus effort on the last 2 hours of it. 3. relax! 4. Be determined to make it happen and above all believe it will happen. Dreams are all about what you believe!
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Ivanna

Postby Ivanna » 13 Apr 2012 10:54

Thank you for your help everyone :)
In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own ~ Dumbledore

Return to “For Beginners”