Yah I'm new

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Mars_MM

Yah I'm new

Postby Mars_MM » 13 Apr 2012 12:55

Hey guys,

My mate told me about the possibility of being able to control your dreams about a week ago. I was in disbelief, not knowing that it was actually possible. Was really excited to try it out as the idea of lucid dreaming excites me so much.

Anyway, I read up about it for the first time last night quite a bit and went to sleep thinking about lucid dreams and reality etc.

And I think I had one? I'm not really sure because not a lot happened. I think it did as I remember the moment when I realised I was dreaming, I was walking with my friend Reece and literally came to me and I was excited but tried not to get too excited as I knew i didn't want to wake up. The first thing I did was try to fly (or at least jump really high) and I jumped a normal, realistic amount. I tried a few more times whilst reminding myself that it was a dream, anything was possible and I was safe. I only got a couple of meters high, then the dream ended (well I don't remember anything else at all).

Not the most action packed first lucid(?) dream, but I'm still so happy as I remember the feeling of being in control within a dream... I look forward to sharing tips with people on the forum and really exploring my dreams :D

So yeah, hi guys. Btw, is there a limit to how much you should try to lucid dream, or can I try it tonight aswell?

- Marcos

AscendedSleeper

Re: Yah I'm new

Postby AscendedSleeper » 14 Apr 2012 14:07

Yeah, I got told about lucid dreaming by a mate too. I thought it was just bull.

Then I read about it, experienced it, and realised he wasn't a liar.

your dream was on the lucidity spectrum. If you persevere, the tremors will become earthquakes.

Strange thing: everytime I tell a new person about LDing I

1. feel an idiot at the time
2. get a lucid dream that night.

Try as often as you like, just don't get sleep deprived if you're a surgeon or something.

A.S.

lucidinthe sky

Re: Yah I'm new

Postby lucidinthe sky » 15 Apr 2012 05:22

It's O.K. to try it as much as you want. Trying a lot is about the only way I have them.

To me the best thing about lucid dreams though is not controlling them, but exploring what is a completely real world. That's the part I can't seem to get people to understand. It's hard to explain how you are in this this alternate reality that is complete. I think of lucid dreams more as a real place that I go to visit, like any other place you might go to visit only everything is possible there, limited only by your belief.
Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world? Morpheus

Return to “For Beginners”