Hello from Slovenia

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
NoriVolk

Hello from Slovenia

Postby NoriVolk » 05 Dec 2013 16:53

Hi,

I'm Jani, 28 years old from Slovenia and I'm wondering if what happened to me a lucid dream.

Three years ago I was learning how to drive a truck and I had big problems with knowing where I stand on the road. I had no problems with driving a car. But the truck is taller, wider and longer, and that was a big problem for me, even after 20 hours of driving lessons and driving a car for 10 years. Then I decided that I'll imagine driving before I go to sleep. I put a local radio station on, lie down in the bed and began to imagine driving. I was driving around Ljubljana (capital of Slovenia) and suddenly it was morning. It seemed I did not sleep all night and it felt so real. The same day I had another driving lesson and wow :ugeek: ... I was driving like a pro. No more problems with knowing where I am on the road. It was just like driving the car. Amazing!

Were these a lucid dream?

Thanks,

Jani

Goldkoron

Re: Hello from Slovenia

Postby Goldkoron » 05 Dec 2013 19:07

Hi,

I'm Jani, 28 years old from Slovenia and I'm wondering if what happened to me a lucid dream.

Three years ago I was learning how to drive a truck and I had big problems with knowing where I stand on the road. I had no problems with driving a car. But the truck is taller, wider and longer, and that was a big problem for me, even after 20 hours of driving lessons and driving a car for 10 years. Then I decided that I'll imagine driving before I go to sleep. I put a local radio station on, lie down in the bed and began to imagine driving. I was driving around Ljubljana (capital of Slovenia) and suddenly it was morning. It seemed I did not sleep all night and it felt so real. The same day I had another driving lesson and wow :ugeek: ... I was driving like a pro. No more problems with knowing where I am on the road. It was just like driving the car. Amazing!

Were these a lucid dream?

A lucid dream is defined when you understand that you are dreaming. I am not sure what you had here, it could have been a extremely vivid dream, or it could have been lucid. It all depends whether you know you were dreaming.
Do a reality check

Vonozar

Postby Vonozar » 05 Dec 2013 21:22

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) As Goldkoron said, it all depends on whether or not you knew that you were dreaming. It's very possible that it could have been. Lucid dreams are great for practicing and improving upon skills. However this doesn't necessarily mean that they were lucid dreams, although the quick learning may hint that that one may have happened. Then again, it may have just been a vivid dream you learned from. Do you remember if you realized you were dreaming or not?

NoriVolk

Postby NoriVolk » 08 Dec 2013 12:30

Hi,

thank you both for reply.

@vonozar - no i don't remember if i was aware of being dreaming. As i said, i went to bed imagining driving and suddenly it was morning. But i remember that at any moment it was my choise where to go next, where to turn on crossroad, etc...

I assume this "fast track" from rebecca is not a scam and i'll learn how to have lucid dreams right?

One more think i'd like to ask, do you lucid dream every night or maybe... 3 - 4 times a week?

thanks

Return to “Introduce Yourself”