First post

Drop a line here to introduce yourself! Let us know your background, where you're from in the world, your lucid goals.
ABQ Slim

First post

Postby ABQ Slim » 17 May 2012 21:32

Hello. I'm new to the forum. Before last week I didn't know the term "lucid dream." About a year ago, I had three nights in a row during which I awoke around 3:00 a.m., went to the bathroom, had a drink of water, and went right back to bed. Completely normal behavior for me. Then, as I was drifting back to sleep, I heard a buzzing in my ears, increasing slowly in volume, accompanied by a white circular light behind my eyelids. The intensity of the light matched the crescendo of the sound. The first night, I was afraid of the lockstep light and sound, and got out of bed to check that I was OK. Seeing that I was, I went back to bed and closed my eyes, when the light and sound started again. Feeling safer, I let them increase until the sound became very loud and the light was extremely bright, at the end of which the sound disappeared with a "POP!" and the white light became a scene during the day.

I was dreaming. And I was fully aware that I was dreaming. I could see my body but couldn't feel it. I started running very fast. In real life I'm a 49 year old overweight man who doesn't do much running anymore. I experienced the enormous joy of running without any of the exertion. During this run I leapt into the air, and decided before I landed to keep flying. And it worked! The amazing thing was not the flying itself, as I knew I was dreaming and it wasn't real. What is indescribable was the sensation of control during the flight. Like most people, I guess, I've had flying dreams since childhood. But always I was a "passenger" seemingly along for the ride. In this case I was controlling the flight. Fast, slow, hovering, covering enormous distances - I had control and experienced the feedback sensations from the flight. I felt the changes in speed and direction. I truly felt what it must feel like to be a bird.

Anyway, I woke up astonished and it was already 4:45 in the morning. I had similar experiences the next two nights in a row. I really thought I was able to "produce" these results. I even spoke to my wife and friends about it, not getting much feedback because it was unrelatable to them. And then, nothing.

Until last week. Two nights in a row, during which I could fly, breathe underwater without apparatus, and teleport to specific places in my memory. I recognized the sequence of events and anticipated what I might try. I could not read any signs or any written language. It was all just blurry. I could see, but could not feel my body except for the sensations of movement, water against my skin. The weather was clear, sun shining, but neither hot nor cold. I don't remember seeing my reflection anywhere.

After last week, and after having no positive results talking to family and friends last year, I found this place on the Internet. Of course I'm not the only one to experience this! I've been unable to recreate the lucid dreamstate that I experienced last week, but I will continue to try. I still wake up every morning around 3:00.

I just wanted to introduce myself to the community here. Pleasant dreams!
Tony

Peter

Re: First post

Postby Peter » 18 May 2012 09:19

welcome and keep at it and in time they will come back

Peter
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

dreamerinmiami

Re: First post

Postby dreamerinmiami » 24 May 2012 13:19

it will happen again keep trying :D ... keep us posted and happy dreams! 8-)
What is your definition of reality?

Return to “Introduce Yourself”