The Boogyman Proved Real

For all other chat which isn't directly related to lucid dreaming and the world of sleep and dreams.
User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4319
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 02:36

When I was a child, my aunt told me boogyman's real name. His name is Pecatuiah. She told me that Pecatuiah kidnaps naughty children at night when they're asleep. That same night Pecatuiah came for me. I guess I should have finished my soup instead of letting my sister have it. I got up in the night to use the toilet. The house was slightly different than what I remembered it to be but I figured my mother had changed the layout while I was asleep. Suddenly, and without warning, a snow-skinned man emerged from a wall, like an opaque ghost, and leered at me. He had the most maleficent smirk as he gazed at me with the deepest blue eyes. He could see right through me.

He began to chant: "Peh...Pecatuiah...saco minguaco... lele cala..." - and immediately I understood this to mean " Pecatuiah will shrink you and bag you, little boy is silenced." I screamed and began to run. My family was nowhere to to be seen. He got hold of me and pressed my navel, magically muting my voice. Somehow I escaped but I knew he'd be back. I must've fainted after the experience for I came to in bed in the morning. I told my oldest sister. That evening Pecatuiah returned but was strangely wrapped in a blanket. He chanted those strange words again but sounded different. This happened before bedtime and my sister was missing but my mother was talking to a friend in the living room. I told her everything. She bought incense the following day to ward off the evil spirit. I am absolutely convinced that the Boogyman aka Pecatuiah is real!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
buildit
Posts: 482
Joined: 23 Sep 2014 04:14
Location: USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby buildit » 12 Nov 2014 02:54

Makes me wonder if this is where the whole thin man story really began. :o
Is Lucid Dreaming the brains preparation for the next step of human evolution when we can escape the corporeal bond of our bodies?

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3364
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2014 02:57

The problem is that you ate the soup. It is known from ancient Indian mystical Baba-Guru-Yoda-Monks, that the soup is coveted by "Pecatuiah" from ancient eastern mysticism, roughly translated to, 'the man of boogy'. It should be poured into a bed pan before sleep as an offering to that being.

That is why he was angered and appeared "snow-skinned" as you described. He was malnourished.

I want to delve deeper into this and truly help you, but I must know more facts. Was the soup tomato based, stock based, or was it a cream soup?
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 918
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:00

There are several problems with your story here that are quite clear to me. The most obvious and overshadowing of them all is the fact that you hallucinated the boogyman in a dream. Come now, Summerlander. You’re an oneironaut; you should be able to tell the difference between reality and hypnagogic projection.

The first important detail is that your Aunt told you about Pecatuiah. How could your Aunt, some random individual, have psionically-obtained information about the world that no one else does? I did a Google search for the words “Pecatuiah boogyman.” And you know what came up? Absolutely zilch.

Now … when you woke up and went to the bathroom, elements of your house were different and changed. This you readily dismiss without much consideration. You don’t think it even a little important to wonder why your entire house had changed? How could your mother have possibly changed the layout of the entire house during the brief span of your sleep, while you rested undisturbed by the commotion? Changed details are telltale signs that you are traversing a dreamscape. It wasn’t real, Summerlander.

Then “Pecatuiah” shows up and he speaks to you and you somehow know exactly what he is saying. Why do you know the exact translation of what he said? It sounds like no other language ever written, and yet you seamlessly are able to comprehend him. Moreover, how do you remember every little detail of Pecatuiah’s piece of dialogue (and even how to spell it) years later? All of this is more proof that you were in a dreamscape. But that last part makes me think that maybe you’re lying.

If you fainted how did you end up back in the bed? What, did Pecatuiah drag you back into bed so as to cover up all the evidence? Why?
Where was your sister? Do you have any explanation that she was gone? This you disregard just as dismissively as you did the altered elements of your house. Did your sister make a habit of mysteriously disappearing in your youth?

You’ve seemed to be a level-headed person in the past, Summerlander. But I don’t know anymore. There is no reliable evidence for your claims. Even without any evidence, your story has holes the size of South America.
Well said.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 918
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:09

Wait, what? He sounds really convicted.
Well said.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 918
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:24

Ah, yes. I remember that. I don't know.
We'll see how he responds to my criticism and your comment tomorrow.
Well said.

User avatar
HAGART
Posts: 3364
Joined: 05 Jan 2012 21:09
Location: CANADA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby HAGART » 12 Nov 2014 03:31

We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.

I too was visited by a mysterious being in the night as I was falling asleep. I put my soup in the bed pan (with a little urine) as I always do, but the "Man Of Boogy" still visited me. I'm trembling as I recall this....

It was dark, and I opened my eyes and saw my room. I couldn't move. Some mysterious being entered from the doorway and approached me. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. It was the scariest thing of all. It was absolutely hideous! It was wearing bell bottoms!

It hunched over and whispered in my ear.... "It's time to boogy!" I saw many lights flashing on the walls and a reflective orb above my bed! I woke up suddenly in tears and a profuse sweat.

I wonder if I should add more urine to my soup next time? Can anybody help me!


EDIT: I just remembered. The Man Of Boogy is vegan and I was providing Chicken Noodle Soup in my bed pan. The being is a vegan which explains it's ornery behavior. (It's the master of ornernaughts after all) I need to make it a vegetable soup next time. With urine of course to add that mysterious thing it craves known as 'Flavour' or in the western tribes of American culture in the village of Hollywood, known as 'Flavor'. Hopefully that appeases it.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

User avatar
deschainXIX
Posts: 918
Joined: 07 Aug 2013 18:18
Location: Virginia, USA

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby deschainXIX » 12 Nov 2014 03:49

HAGART wrote:We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.


"Every experience that a human can have admits of rational discussion about its causes and consequences."
--Sam Harris

We have to nit-pick bad ideas, HAGART. If something is true, it is simply true, despite it hurting someone's feelings or being out of check with someone's experience.
Also, why would my trying to reason with him harm him? If anything, it would help ease his mind in knowing the boogeyman is not real. One more thing:

"We must respect each other's views." --Michael (AKA HAGART), 2014

"Some views don't deserve respect." --Sam (AKA deschainXIX), 2014

As for your testimony, I have a few comments:
Come on, HAGART. We're all oneironauts, here! We have standards of reality! Perhaps you two are on the wrong forum. You were obviously in sleep paralysis, as per your inability to move when the "mysterious being" approached you.

There are also a lot of continuity issues between you two's stories. For example, why does Summerlander's boogeyman look different from yours? Why does yours speak English while Summerlander's speaks in some strange language?

As for peeing in your food trough .... Urine has very little nutritional value. Why would Pecatuiah be hungering for some mortal being's excrement? I'm only appealing to your crazy views here. Sounds like you people are into some crazy tribal stuff.
Well said.

User avatar
Summerlander
Posts: 4319
Joined: 22 Sep 2011 19:52

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Summerlander » 12 Nov 2014 17:09

Wow! So much to explain! LOL! :mrgreen:

buildit wrote:Makes me wonder if this is where the whole thin man story really began. :o


What about the fat man story? :mrgreen:

HAGART wrote:The problem is that you ate the soup. It is known from ancient Indian mystical Baba-Guru-Yoda-Monks, that the soup is coveted by "Pecatuiah" from ancient eastern mysticism, roughly translated to, 'the man of boogy'. It should be poured into a bed pan before sleep as an offering to that being.

That is why he was angered and appeared "snow-skinned" as you described. He was malnourished.

I want to delve deeper into this and truly help you, but I must know more facts. Was the soup tomato based, stock based, or was it a cream soup?


LOL! Interesting interpretation but I think the ancient Indian mystics were mistaken about Pecatuiah wanting the soup. (My aunt has already imparted quite a lot of information about the Boogeyman to me.) I believe, rather, that Pecatuia finds kids who eat nutritive soups worthy of respect. But it is curious that you should focus on the ingridients. In Romania, Pecatuiah is known as "L'uomo nero" and is said to take away kids who don't finish their soup. (In Iran, parents warn their children that the Boogeyman does exactly the same!) Now I think I was having something similar to the Romanian ciorba de perisoare, which includes beef, potatoes, onions and peppers. I had the chicken variant, not beef. Nutritive nevertheless. :)

I don't think his appearance matters so much, and, indeed, Belgians have identified him the be a shapeshifter, master of deception, with a penchant for frightening and confusing his victims. But he is also known to occasionally drink the blood of his victims. So the Boogyman may enjoy being and looking like a vampire part-time. :shock:

deschainXIX wrote:There are several problems with your story here that are quite clear to me. The most obvious and overshadowing of them all is the fact that you hallucinated the boogyman in a dream. Come now, Summerlander. You’re an oneironaut; you should be able to tell the difference between reality and hypnagogic projection.


The Boogyman chased me during my childhood. I was not yet an oneironaut. Also, how do you explain those times when he appeared to me during the day, cloaked in bed sheets just like in Goya's "Que viene el Coco"? My cousin even heard him chant once and helped me to escape. :o

deschainXIX wrote:The first important detail is that your Aunt told you about Pecatuiah. How could your Aunt, some random individual, have psionically-obtained information about the world that no one else does? I did a Google search for the words “Pecatuiah boogyman.” And you know what came up? Absolutely zilch.


There is a privy kind of knowledge that was imparted to my aunt which was first told by my great grandfather who was a Jewish German general. My great grandfather first spoke of "Pouka" (from the Old Norse "puki," which means nature spirit). It etymologically turned into "Peca" (which in Portuguese and Spanish comes from the word "pecar," meaning, "to sin"... coincidence?) :twisted:

In Tamil Nadu, India, he is known as Poochaandi. Notice the resemblance? Babau in Italy. Papao in Portugal. You really think these coincidences are a product of normal etymological evolution that began with some made up fairytale long ago? Think again! Jin Baba, the Djinn in Pakistan. Baba Yaga, in Russia. :!:

In many countries he is even portrayed as carrying children in a sack. No smoke without fire I say! Pecatuiah was around in the days of the Buganese pirates of Indonesia, when these used to terrorised the seafaring Europeans. Some say these evil pirates hated the legitimate traders and do-gooders so they summoned a terrifying evil spirit. Since the Buganese pirates were also referred to as "bugis," the European sailors named the demon that haunted them and their children at night as "bugi man." That's where the term Boogyman is believed to come from. I absolutely believe that Pecatuiah, the Boogyman, is real! :|

Pecatuiah once lived in human form during the reign of Sultan Mansur Shah in the 15th century. His name was Hang Tuah, one of the greatest martial artists who ever lived. It is of no coincidence that "pencak silat" means "martial arts" in Indonesian. Think of "Pencak Tuah" and you soon arrive at PECATUIAH! What more proof do you need? :geek:

As a boy, Hang Tuah was already very spiritual and he practice meditation. (Surprise, surprise!) This paid off as he now roams freely as he wishes between the physical realm and the spirit realm. If you want to learn more about this avatar of Pecatuiah, check out Sejarah Melayu, the semi-historical Malay Annals. As an adult, he was very loyal to the sultan. Now, the sultan had a princess who would only marry him if a list of requirements was met. In the list she requested seven jars of virgins' tears and a bowl of the sultan's first born son's blood. Tuah could see that this was difficult and failed his sultan before he died. It is said that he is now making up for this in the afterlife by collecting tears of children worldwide (by frightening them), and occasionally taking blood from the sultan's descendants.

At the same time he introduces children to the spiritual nature of existence. Hang Tuah also once said, "Takkan Melayu di Dunia." It's Malaysian for "Never shall the Malay vanish from the earth." Shamans are well acquainted with Pecatuiah, they know him as "Yekyua" (rhymes with "...tuiah"). Carlos Castaneda's Don Juan knew about him, and he was suffiently trained to be able to tell the difference between vivid or lucid dreams and visions of objectively existent spirit worlds. You think scientists have the time to dedicate their lives to spiritual training? People like Don Juan devoted their entire lives to it and made discoveries that Western civilisation isn't prepared for. Just read Castaneda's "The Art of Dreaming." :ugeek:

It can be argued that Pecatuiah wants children to be loyal and just to their parents just like he was to the sultan. In the Netherlands, the Boogyman is known to sometimes only take children temporarily. Spiritualists have posited that there is a kind of spiritual symbiosis between Pecatuiah and the parents of his victims. It is almost as if in his mind he is doing the parents a favour by frightening the naughty children. Some say, in this respect, that he is not evil but he certainly has a false reputation to maintain. It is the price he pays, or indeed his penance, for having failed Mansur Shah in his past earthly life. If you doubt the veracity of this story, check it out. It's all out there and legit. 8-)

deschainXIX wrote:Now … when you woke up and went to the bathroom, elements of your house were different and changed. This you readily dismiss without much consideration. You don’t think it even a little important to wonder why your entire house had changed? How could your mother have possibly changed the layout of the entire house during the brief span of your sleep, while you rested undisturbed by the commotion? Changed details are telltale signs that you are traversing a dreamscape. It wasn’t real, Summerlander.


It felt very real when I got out of bed and went to the bathroom. Everything was clear. I did not ask my mother whether she had made changes of not but she is known to do this a lot and it doesn't matter what time it is. Also, it wasn't the entire house. It was a few things in the bedroom, the corridor and the bathroom. Besides, Pecatuiah, as I mentioned before, is known to frighten and confuse his victims. This sometimes involves optical illusion in the surroundings. It could be his attempt to make the homely environment more unfamiliar so that the victims feel somewhat lost and helpless. It kinda prompts you for what comes next... :)

And it can't say it wasn't real. You simply weren't there. It felt real and it recurred at daytime, albeit his presence was less conspicuous for some reason. Perhaps he really is a vampire and needs to cover his body with sheets during the day... :o

deschainXIX wrote:Then “Pecatuiah” shows up and he speaks to you and you somehow know exactly what he is saying. Why do you know the exact translation of what he said? It sounds like no other language ever written, and yet you seamlessly are able to comprehend him. Moreover, how do you remember every little detail of Pecatuiah’s piece of dialogue (and even how to spell it) years later? All of this is more proof that you were in a dreamscape. But that last part makes me think that maybe you’re lying.


When he chants "Pecatuiah" he is announcing himself and this hardly requires any translation. "Saco minguaco" is almost similar to Portuguese. Saco = bag; minguaco is similar to minga = shrink. Lele (little boy but also colloquially addresses the penis); cala = shut up, silence. A little telepathy might have been used to clarify exactly what he meant. 8-)

deschainXIX wrote:If you fainted how did you end up back in the bed? What, did Pecatuiah drag you back into bed so as to cover up all the evidence? Why?


I was probably taken temporarily, as the Dutch have discovered about the majority of their children. Sometimes Pecatuiah just wants to teach naughty kids a lesson.

deschainXIX wrote:Where was your sister? Do you have any explanation that she was gone? This you disregard just as dismissively as you did the altered elements of your house. Did your sister make a habit of mysteriously disappearing in your youth?


Sometimes she would say that Pecatuiah had tied her up and hidden her in a dark place before he went after me. That was odd. I guess he didn't want her to interfere while he was trying to take me. :shock:

deschainXIX wrote:You’ve seemed to be a level-headed person in the past, Summerlander. But I don’t know anymore. There is no reliable evidence for your claims. Even without any evidence, your story has holes the size of South America.


I had a paradigm shift. I have reached the fifth level described by the old wise man in "God's Debris." I think I provided enough evidence here so far. How can so many people all over the world describe the same entity and come up with similar names for it. Pecatuiah introduces himself and this is why. He is real. You can't disprove him... :idea:

By the way, look at the massive hole in rationalism and empiricism. Outrageous presupositions about the world are made using these epistemological methods and the philosopher Immanuel Kant clearly spelled out their inadequacy. The former reckons a priori reasoning is enough to know things about the objective, mind-independent world. The latter reckons the world is knowable, a posteriori, through experience, faithfully believing (as did John Locke and David Hume) that the senses can give us an accurate account of objects and their nature exactly as they are. Really? Kant provided some examples of components that must be brought on by the mind alone to be believed. If our minds are a "tabula rasa" as Hume claimed, how then can the mind make judgements about the very objects it has studied? Where did the concepts for making judgements about these objects come from?

Kant showed us that the real world is not knowable. Everything we have epistemologically imbibed is built on mental interpretations. Reason itself is based on empirical experience and cannot beget the true model of a mind-independent world. Knowledge has constraints because the mind constitutes features of experience and is limited to its subjective representation of space and time. Thus, the veracity of his transcendental idealism and empirical realism. Knowledge only applies to phenomena (how things are given to us) and do not reveal things-in-themselves. A thing-in-itself can never be known.

"The transcendental idealist, on the contrary, can be an empirical realist, hence, as he is called, a dualist, i.e., he can concede the existence of matter without going beyond mere self-consciousness and assuming something more than the certainty of representations in me, hence the cogito ergo sum. For because he allows this matter and even its inner possibility to be valid only for appearance– which, separated from our sensibility, is nothing –matter for him is only a species of representations (intuition), which are call external, not as if they related to objects that are external in themselves but because they relate perceptions to space, where all things are external to one another, but that space itself is in us."

- Immanuel Kant

Thus I reason that I don't know about the real nature of the keyboard in front of me any more than I know about the Boogyman's. What I do know is that they have both been represented in my mind, perceived... felt! Why should one be given more credit as an existential thing over the other? Note, many people experience the Boogyman but only a few get to see and touch my laptop... :twisted:

nesgirl wrote:He made a joke thread like this in the past in the paranormal section Deschain. I don't find this funny at all.


I made a joke before but everyone knew it was a joke and I didn't deny it. This is real now. Do I look like I'm joking? Why would I lie about this? :roll:

deschainXIX wrote:Wait, what? He sounds really convicted.


Thank you! 8-)

HAGART wrote:We must respect each other's views. I get what DeschainXIX is saying, but did you have to be so harsh? Summerlander is going through a difficult time and we must not nit-pick on every detail. He is truly trying to express himself and you must respect that.


Very considerate. But the difficult time is over. It is all true. The afterlife is real and Pecatuiah is certainly a nocturnal and diurnal force in this world. I'm 100% convinced. The evidence is overwhelming. Too many witnesses! :)

HAGART wrote:I too was visited by a mysterious being in the night as I was falling asleep. I put my soup in the bed pan (with a little urine) as I always do, but the "Man Of Boogy" still visited me. I'm trembling as I recall this....


See? and that confirms what I said about the soup and Pecatuiah's intentions. You've become receptive to him because I mentioned him here. In fact, he might have visited you before, in your childhood, and now the channels have opened up again.

HAGART wrote:It was dark, and I opened my eyes and saw my room. I couldn't move. Some mysterious being entered from the doorway and approached me. I tried to scream, but I couldn't. It was the scariest thing of all. It was absolutely hideous! It was wearing bell bottoms!


Did you feel like he was pressing your navel? He might be using different methods of silencing his victims. I do not think that was sleep paralysis at all.

HAGART wrote:It hunched over and whispered in my ear.... "It's time to boogy!" I saw many lights flashing on the walls and a reflective orb above my bed! I woke up suddenly in tears and a profuse sweat.


He's a real life Freddy Krueger, I tell ya'! :mrgreen:

HAGART wrote:EDIT: I just remembered. The Man Of Boogy is vegan and I was providing Chicken Noodle Soup in my bed pan. The being is a vegan which explains it's ornery behavior. (It's the master of ornernaughts after all) I need to make it a vegetable soup next time. With urine of course to add that mysterious thing it craves known as 'Flavour' or in the western tribes of American culture in the village of Hollywood, known as 'Flavor'. Hopefully that appeases it.


It won't! By the way, are you joking? :mrgreen:

Cuz I'm dead serious... :shock:
I just realised another thing. I think he has trouble pronouncing vowels. Peca... or puka? Lele or Lulu (as he's also known)?
"Empty cognizance of one taste, suffused with knowing, is your unmistaken nature, the uncontrived original state. when not altering what is, allow it to be as it is, and the awakened state is right now spontaneously present."

- Padmasambhava

User avatar
Je-Je
Posts: 324
Joined: 26 Mar 2013 12:41
Location: Somewhere in DreamWorld

Re: The Boogyman Proved Real

Postby Je-Je » 12 Nov 2014 20:36

Interesting topic. I search on google about boogyman but didn't found any things.

Are you talking about boogyman or Mr boogie sinister ????
I discovered Lucid Dream by watching the film Inception(2012)
Lucid Dream Count: 31+
Normal Dream Count: +∞
Objective: Make 30 Lucid-Dreams this year(2016).


Return to “Off-Topic”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests