False Awakenings

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
dreamerinmiami

False Awakenings

Postby dreamerinmiami » 27 May 2012 22:39

Hello my fellow dreamers :) I have had 2 false awakenings in the past week. it feels so real, i never get up i just look around and notice things are a bit off then i really wake up. in false awakenings my visual clarity is much better than in dreams .... i would love to become lucid in one of these false awakenings, it would really be in 3D! Anyone experience these? Become lucid in them?

Happy Dreams! 8-)
What is your definition of reality?

Peter

Re: False Awakenings

Postby Peter » 28 May 2012 00:30

you are lucid in a false awakening, just ask for a scene change and see what happens or as I do get up and walk through a wall to a new dream
Who are you I asked, the reply "dont be silly, we are your daughers" many years before they were born

LucidKey13

Postby LucidKey13 » 28 May 2012 04:57

False Awakenings always turn into lucid dreams for me! They are so facinating!
"Umbrella can’t stop the rain, But Make Us to stand in Rain.
Confidence May not bring success, But It gives a POWER to face any Challenge."

Jack Reacher

Postby Jack Reacher » 28 May 2012 05:32

Lately all my false awakenings are lucid dreams, they are like Wilds for me now. I remmeber getting out of bed and instantly realising it was a dream, its so weird how your dream starts off where reality ends, unlike normal dreams that drop you into random locations.
"There is theoretical abstraction, and then there is true abstraction."

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 05 Jun 2012 05:41

Just do as Bob Marley says... GET UP! STAND UP! (and then explore the dream world that is your house)

He may not have said that last part........
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

dreamerinmiami

Postby dreamerinmiami » 10 Jun 2012 03:51

thank you all for your responses. ive had 2 more yesterday. still not lucid in them but i will get there. Jack Reacher your right its crazy how FA's leave you where reality has left off. Lucidkey 13 its a fascinating subject. it raises many questions. Hagart LMAO
What is your definition of reality?

HAGART

Postby HAGART » 16 Jun 2012 05:05

I had a false awakening just this morning, and I only became lucid and aware at the end. I was about to slip into a WILD dream and my body was shaking a little and I heard a ringing noise, and for some reason when I am in this state my teeth chatter as though I am very cold but not. It's an uncontrollable teeth chatter. Anyway, I got a little spooked because I hadn't had this happen to me for a while and I woke up. (well false woke up). And my tooth was loose. I felt it with my tongue, it was the longer front one, I think it is the canine? Any, I kept trying to look in mirrors to see how bad the problem was, but the electricity of the house must have been out because lights would not turn on. I finally found a mirror and used the daylight to see and my gums themselves were falling out of my mouth.

I finally put 2 and 2 together and realized I was still dreaming. I lost my lucid dream though and woke up. (Who wants to lucid dream when your teeth are falling out anyway?)

But although I have been lucid many times during false awakenings it still happens to me. No matter how bizzar, I still think it is real sometimes.

Or if you are convinced it is a dream and you are still in bed, getting up can be very hard too for me. I get and uncontrollable urge to lay down again. Sometimes I collapse on the floor and have to stand again.
If we all lucid dreamed this world would be a better place.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”