WILD method

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
pennysuede

WILD method

Postby pennysuede » 26 Jan 2015 20:23

Hello everyone. So, I have been practicing lucid dreaming for a good half of a year, and found I am able to have a WILD pretty much on demand. I'm frustrated because I have not been able to spontaneously wake up in my dreams, I have to just enter them using the WILD method. I look at the tutorials on WILD and I don't go through any of that at all. The way I do it is super easy and only takes moments and you will know right off the bat if you will be able to enter a WILD or not that night.

For me all I do is close my eyes (melantonin REALLY helps), and once I am laying down, I focus on the back of my eye lids and lay still and just relax as normal. I dont attach myself to any rules or have to's. VERY soon, I start seeing hypnogognic shapes or hear light music, and I start feeling floaty. I do allow the floating feeling to continue as I know that really is my vehicle out (for me). Still focusing on the back of my eyelids, I start seeing my dream unfolding. Its fuzzy at first and usually starts forming as a fuzzy blue sky, a few seconds later I am flying in a new dream.

I wonder though if the things I am able to do in this method is the same as I would be able to do as if I just woke up in my dreams.

taniaaust1

Re: WILD method

Postby taniaaust1 » 28 Jan 2015 09:45

I wonder though if the things I am able to do in this method is the same as I would be able to do as if I just woke up in my dreams.

I personally find my LDs done by WILD often are harder to stay in then if Ive just become lucid in the middle of the night during a dream. I also have to work to extend my WILDs more as otherwise they are often short but when I wake up in a dream instead.. the dreams are more effortless and I can continue as long as I like without having to worry about drop outs or keeping myself in at all.

As far as what I can do in these dreams, that doesnt change and with both I can get very good dream quality and be quite aware and I can interact with the dreams in the same degree.
The only thing to fear is the fear itself

Return to “For Beginners”