Lack of visualisation control

If you're new to lucid dreaming, browse this forum for answers to your questions, or post and ask for specific tips on getting started.
Finch_Linus

Lack of visualisation control

Postby Finch_Linus » 14 Feb 2015 21:05

Whenever I try and visualise something albeit in meditation or self hypnosis, I cannot control my visualisation very well. For example, self hypnosis suggests imagining yourself walking down ten steps. When I try to visualise this, I go down the steps really quickly and I cannot control the speed or how I go down or how many. How can I exert more control and what is the cause for lack of it?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image

PKJacker

Re: Lack of visualisation control

Postby PKJacker » 15 Feb 2015 05:00

Really that stuff just takes practice and patience, it could be you're holding yourself back on the amount of control you have. Just keep being patient and you'll get to be able to control them.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Three steps from bliss.

Inedible

Re: Lack of visualisation control

Postby Inedible » 15 Feb 2015 05:25

If you want to spend more time with it, take 100 steps instead of 10. That way you can still go quickly and relax a little more on each step and take your time with it. If 100 steps aren't enough, you can go to 200 or 250 - but I think that saying the numbers will slow you down. It is better to adapt and work with yourself than to fight it.

Return to “For Beginners”