Healing yourself through dreams

For general lucid chat - ask questions, share advice, set lucid dream challenges and explore the lucid realm together.
Celt

Healing yourself through dreams

Postby Celt » 14 Feb 2015 22:59

Hello,
I would like to hear people's experiences with healing themselves through lucid dreams.
Have you cured an illness or changed a cognitive behaviour through dreams?
I would like hear if you have consciously gone into a dream with the intention of healing your body or mind.

Many Thanks

sedric

Re: Healing yourself through dreams

Postby sedric » 22 Feb 2015 18:50

Years ago I had this dream but it just happened and was not of the incubation type-for what it's worth to you.
I had been having trouble with hemorrhoids in real life. It was a vivid dream in a medical setting or room with a guy in white operating room dress. He smiled and said "Do you want to be conscious for this or unconscious? Most people want to be unconscious." I said unconscious later wishing I had said conscious just to see what went on. The next day the hemorrhoids were gone and I was problem free for a long time.

Celt

Postby Celt » 24 Feb 2015 23:07

That is exactly what I wanted to hear! Amazing! I would like to hear more if anyone has any? I truly believe any illness can be cured through dreams.

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Feb 2015 01:40

I do not recall a specific dream about healing a physical illness. However, when I have fairly consistently kept a dream journal and pondered possible personal associations to dream symbolism, I have been able to observe a progression of dreams, which have helped me to gain insights regarding various psychological challengers, especially when I was in my 20's and 30's.

Following are some recommendations for good information about healing in dreams and the related subject of guided imagery, which can be practiced while in a wakeful but somewhat dreamy state, or it may be possible to incubate suggested imagery in dreams.

- Article - "Getting Rid Of Repeating Nightmares - A Simple, Potent New Recipe" by Belleruth Naparstek - huffingtonpost.com

- Article - "Mind-Body Healing Through Dreamwork" by Ed Kellogg - asdreams.org
This is a summary of a workshop, but it includes 3 interesting examples of healing dreams.

- Article - "Healing The Whole Self Through Radical Lucid Dreaming" - by Robert Waggoner - realitysandwich.com

- website - creativedreaming.org - Library

- Book - "Healing Power Of Dreams" by Patricia Garfield

- YouTube video series - "The Way Of The Dream - Marie-Louise von Franz"
(Search - title - 1 full, 2 full, 3 full, 4 full)
Dr. von Franz was a close associate of Carl Jung, psychiatrist. This is a long series - about 10 hours, I think.

-This is a more technical article regarding specialized use of guided imagery.
- "The Use Of Imagery In Phase 1 Treatment Of Clients With Dissociative Disorders" by Onno van Hart - PMC - ncbi.nim.nih.gov
Scroll down to the sub sections beginning at "Guided imagery during phase 1 treatment"

jasmine2

Postby jasmine2 » 25 Feb 2015 02:12

In my above post, I got a little carried away with recommended articles, etc. (I am fascinated by dreams and guided imagery.) However, here are a few more suggestions.

- Article - "What Is Guided Imagery?/ Health Journeys - healthjourneys.com
by Belleruth Naparstek - Includes 8 kinds of guided imagery

The article I mentioned in previous post - about the use of imagery for treatment of dissociative disorders, discusses the very interesting concept of the "inner wisdom of the unconscious" (similar, I think, to Carl Jung's ideas about the "Higher Self", and also, "the awareness behind the dreaming", which Robert Waggoner writes about in his book, "Lucid Dreaming: Gateway To The Inner Self).

Associated - web search -
- "Concepts Of The Inner Self-Helper ..." by Christine Comstock - scholarsbank.uoregon.edu
(ctrl +) to enlarge text (Windows OS)

- "The Power Of The Collective Heart" by Sarah Krakauer

- jasmine2

deric23

Postby deric23 » 07 Mar 2015 17:44

Celt wrote:That is exactly what I wanted to hear! Amazing! I would like to hear more if anyone has any? I truly believe any illness can be cured through dreams.

Yes I've been studying dreams and lucid dreams for a while now. There are several good books out with accounts of healings by way of being lucid in a dream and directing healing energy to the affected body part.

I agree nearly anything can be cured and that includes healing others. Then I have a book-Minds in many places about cases of split personalities where one personality will have a disease and another will not have it. Doesn't this tell you a disease is rooted in the mind or personality and not the body? Therefore the disease should be acessable through the mind.

Return to “General Lucid Discussion”